2021-2022 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OMFG guys me tooo!!! I just checked workday and I got accepted OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OMFG guys me tooo!!! I just checked workday and I got accepted OMFG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
congrats!! I interviewed on 2/4 so I don't expect any updates, but where on workday does it show you're accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
I got the acceptance through Workday aaaaaa I've been checking it and my email the past 2 days for any updates and been having so much anxiety but it's finally happening!!!
For those of you trying to navigate it, sign in on Workday, click on "Osteopathic Medicine" under "Admissions" and click the long link under "Your Applications" and you should be able to see it. Crossing my fingers for you all and thank you for all the tips and updates!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the acceptance through Workday aaaaaa I've been checking it and my email the past 2 days for any updates and been having so much anxiety but it's finally happening!!!
For those of you trying to navigate it, sign in on Workday, click on "Osteopathic Medicine" under "Admissions" and click the long link under "Your Applications" and you should be able to see it. Crossing my fingers for you all and thank you for all the tips and updates!!
when did you interview?

Accepted yesterday!!!! Super pumped! Interviewed 1/27. I found out via portal when this thread started blowing up, then by e-mail at 6pm.

Reactions: 6 users
do they send something in the mail as well after you are accepted?

Any WL movement?
On Workday, it states "Movement from the KCU Waitlist typically happens starting in late May through the start of classes." So, I guess movement starts in late May until July 30th :/

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from the 2/1 interview getting nervous???? Hopefully we hear back this week since it's 5 weeks!?!?

So guys I got accepted at Joplin, they are unlikely to let me switch to the Kansas City campus right?

I can't remember if this has been asked before so I apologize in advance if it has, but is there one WL for each campus or just one overall? i.e. if I selected Joplin as my preferred campus, I wouldn't be considered for a spot in KC if one opened up, right?

pretty sure your last/only opportunity to switch was on interview day
I think they mentioned in the interview that once you submitted your secondary with campus preference, there was no switching. So if you got accepted to KC, that's it, and the same for Joplin.

So guys I got accepted at Joplin, they are unlikely to let me switch to the Kansas City campus right?
Did you by any chance interview on 2/1 ? sorry can't be much of help for ur Q lol

I can't remember if this has been asked before so I apologize in advance if it has, but is there one WL for each campus or just one overall? i.e. if I selected Joplin as my preferred campus, I wouldn't be considered for a spot in KC if one opened up, right?
It's just one WL if I remember correctly so you could be pulled to the campus you didn't select.

I don't remember exactly what was said during my interview on 1/19, but they told us that if we chose one campus or "either campus/no preference" on our application, but, after the interview, felt like we preferred one over the other, we could email admissions letting them know that we preferred one campus, but that there was no guarantee we would be accepted into the one we "last-minute" preferred. Take that with a grain of salt though because I don't remember exactly what they said would happen if you were already accepted and placed in one campus, like if they'd be able to switch you. When I applied, I chose either campus but right after the interview, I emailed admissions and told them "I'd prefer the KC campus for XYZ reasons, but understood that I would still be considered for either campus." I was waitlisted so not sure if any of that helps lol I honestly would try to call and see what they say personally and go from there.

Even if you opted to be considered at only one location?
If you opted for 1 location, you will most likely get the location you opted for if you get accepted. if you say either/or, it's fair game. You can email saying you prefer KC but it's still fair game where you get placed. Once you get placed, there's no switching.

Reactions: 4 users
I have an interview scheduled for 3/22. Do they still have seats open? This is my first interview this cycle and I am so nervous

I have an interview scheduled for 3/22. Do they still have seats open? This is my first interview this cycle and I am so nervous
If there are interviews- there are still seats open. they dont interview for waitlist seats.
very chill interview just be yourself

Reactions: 1 users
If there are interviews- there are still seats open. they dont interview for waitlist seats.
very chill interview just be yourself
If it's your first interview, I wouldn't call it "chill" per say. It was also my first, and I was so nervous that I tripped up when answering Qs. I can't disclose the Qs because I signed the NDA, but I would definitely prepare. I will say that the group activity is def chill.

post interview R. Not too surprised as I feel I was kind of unprepared, but best of luck to everyone else!!

• Care
interviewed 2/4, felt really
great about the interview… waitlisted today :(

• Care
Post II-R, sad day! It was my top choice.

• Care
Waitlisted on 3/11, interviewed on 2/1. That's officially 3 waitlists for me.....

• Care
Hi guys, I was waitlisted this past Friday and I wanted to know what the waitlist movement is like and whether I shouldn’t completely lose hope lol. This was my top choice and I’m really trying to be hopeful for some good news but waiting is just so anxiety provoking :/

• Care
They sent me an invitation for their Master's program post II R, that hurted LOL

• Care
Hi guys, I was waitlisted this past Friday and I wanted to know what the waitlist movement is like and whether I shouldn’t completely lose hope lol. This was my top choice and I’m really trying to be hopeful for some good news but waiting is just so anxiety provoking :/
Waitlist movement should start in May and can continue through orientation. People drop cause they get off waitlists at other schools. I know quite a few students who were on previously and accepted. I know it sucks- I've been there before too- just a waiting game!

They sent me an invitation for their Master's program post II R, that hurted LOL
I wouldn’t take it personally at all. I think they send those emails out to everyone. I was accepted in January and have gotten multiple of them! Keep your head up. You got this!

• Haha
Question to anyone placed on the WL...I interviewed 01/11 and was placed on the WL 02/17. On a whim I logged into my Workday account this morning, and my admission decision that was once posted on my account is nowhere to be seen. Anyone else experiencing this?

Question to anyone placed on the WL...I interviewed 01/11 and was placed on the WL 02/17. On a whim I logged into my Workday account this morning, and my admission decision that was once posted on my account is nowhere to be seen. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yeah this happened to me. I emailed admissions yesterday and they confirmed my WL status and just said that Workday is being updated, so that it's normal to not see your admission status.

need some apartment recommendations for the KC campus, or even the best locations near the uni area? Does anyone have any recs?

Yeah that happened to me too. I just got an email from admissions notifying me. They said it was a glitch that can’t be fixed so its a perfect way to amplify my anxiety.

need some apartment recommendations for the KC campus, or even the best locations near the uni area? Does anyone have any recs?
River Market is a great area! It's a short drive (5-10 minutes depending on traffic) to campus. The area itself has a lot to do, and there are two street car stops in the neighborhood that can take you all through the downtown area.

look @ Schiftys reply a few posts back pretty detailed on where to live

I personally wouldnt live @ CT but thats me

River market is nice can be a little pricier due to location but its nice/lots of food/etc

Check out this post

Check out this post
amazing, thanks! i know river market is a good location, would you recommend the financial district as well? mainly I'm looking at safety as one of my top priorities, and also a location that houses students

amazing, thanks! i know river market is a good location, would you recommend the financial district as well? mainly I'm looking at safety as one of my top priorities, and also a location that houses students
Gonna be honest if safety is your number one concern I really can’t recommend to living anywhere in like the city or downtown part of Kansas City. Definitely don’t go to Westport, The downtown or financial District area is ok, but it’s still got a lot of crime, same goes for the river market. I would really recommend you live somewhere north of the river of like in Kinsley Forest. Or you could live at Berkley Riverfront, nice apartment complex, no real crime around it because it’s kind of separated from the city, a bunch of students live there but it’s pretty expensive.

Gonna be honest if safety is your number one concern I really can’t recommend to living anywhere in like the city or downtown part of Kansas City. Definitely don’t go to Westport, The downtown or financial District area is ok, but it’s still got a lot of crime, same goes for the river market. I would really recommend you live somewhere north of the river of like in Kinsley Forest. Or you could live at Berkley Riverfront, nice apartment complex, no real crime around it because it’s kind of separated from the city, a bunch of students live there but it’s pretty expensive.
And I know there are cheaper options another exit north of these that are very safe at either the Denton (i know several students in my class live here), altitude 970, and the Landing at tiffany springs.

I like to say KC is like any normal city. If you're out at normal times/aware of your surroundings/arent walking alone at night..