2022-2023 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Joplin) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything back? I didn’t even get an email saying they received my primary.

From what I've heard, they don't send secondaries to everyone who submitted a primary and meets the minimum requirements. They actually review the primary application in depth prior to secondary invites.

From what I've heard, they don't send secondaries to everyone who submitted a primary and meets the minimum requirements. They actually review the primary application in depth prior to secondary invites.
you also submitted hella early like 5/10 so makes sense why you got one and the rest of us haven't

Last edited:
Literally submitted on the same day dude, I really don't know. I'm sending nothing but positive energy your way, hopefully you get one early next week!
Much love homie, this process just drains it all out of us, I didn’t submit my primary until 7/13 haha so you def one upped me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like that’s the sign, gotta get the primary received email first for anything

For those of us missing secondaries did you guys get the primary received email or not yet? Trying to gather data points

I emailed admissions just asking to inquire if I got screened out, will update when they email back!
Good morning,

Thank you for checking in. We are in the process of reviewing applications now and sending out secondary applications in the next few weeks. Have a great week!

Reactions: 1 user
Am I supposed to get some sort of payment received email? For me when I login not just says go to payment info then takes me to my receipt

So is the Joplin Campus just chillin’ at the moment? Is the consensus that very few secondaries or II’s have come out of Joplin, or are they just being put in the Kansas City thread?
i think people put them on the other thread. i saw a few ii

So is the Joplin Campus just chillin’ at the moment? Is the consensus that very few secondaries or II’s have come out of Joplin, or are they just being put in the Kansas City thread?
I think ppl just put everything in the main thread lmao, I got a secondary and specified Joplin but put it in the main

Last edited:
I havent heard anything from here in weeks and cant get anyone to answer the phone.

So my time for my interview next month says 11:30am but then the afternoon schedule says checkin at 11:45am, which one is it?

any sub-500 A's here? I know Joplin will take lower stats

I was accepted today with a 502 MCAT, interviewed 10/13!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all who have received an A so far! I'm a current first year at Joplin and can answer any questions you all may have

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who have received an A so far! I'm a current first year at Joplin and can answer any questions you all may have

Thanks! May I ask some Qs?

Where are recommended places to live? How did you find roomates?
How much is monthly health and dental insurances offered by KCU? Do you recommend it or get your own before attending?
Is it better to stay in Joplin to do rotations (close to school) or go back to home state (doesn't matter to stay near school or not)?

Thanks! May I ask some Qs?

Where are recommended places to live? How did you find roomates?
How much is monthly health and dental insurances offered by KCU? Do you recommend it or get your own before attending?
Is it better to stay in Joplin to do rotations (close to school) or go back to home state (doesn't matter to stay near school or not)?
I can answer some of those. I have an apartment from RBC rentals that's pretty close to campus and I really like it. I know some other people that are renting houses near campus and they seem to like it well enough. I don't have any roommates but the accepted student Facebook page had alot of messages about people looking for roommates. Still on my parents insurance and haven't received any details about rotation sites yet so can't really help you there.

Anybody know anything about accepted student groupme or discord?