2021-2022 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I feel that my story ties more into Jonesboro, but I would prefer to pick Long Island because I know I have a better shot at getting there based on the fact that it has a larger student body. Does your campus choice factor heavily into which campus you are considered for?
I think so since they say you can only interview at one school location.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I feel that my story ties more into Jonesboro, but I would prefer to pick Long Island because I know I have a better shot at getting there based on the fact that it has a larger student body. Does your campus choice factor heavily into which campus you are considered for?
I think they place you closer to your State of residence, unless you can show strong ties to a particular location.

I think so since they say you can only interview at one school location.
Ok thanks I suppose I need to find a way to write my statement to revolve around Long Island then lol. Anyone know anything regarding difference between the curriculum between the 2 campuses. All I could find was that the Arkansas campus focuses more on addressing the need of the shortage of doctors in the Delta region

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get a complete email when letters of rec were in?Just want to make sure I am actually complete!

did anyone get a complete email when letters of rec were in?Just want to make sure I am actually complete!
I got the supplemental application complete email but nothing after that.
I’m kinda guessing but you may have to call or email to check if your additional letters were added to your file.
FYI I emailed them earlier about my application and they were super nice!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know Arkansas IIs went out today. Have not heard of an NY specific one yet

Reactions: 4 users
Omg I’m relieved. God I was tweaking thinking I was screwed for OW already😂

Reactions: 5 users
I emailed them once my LORs were in (since they came in after I submitted my secondary) and in their reply they said my application was complete and under review. I would reach out to them, they replied super quick when I emailed them.

WAIT YOU ARE TELLING ME THOSE II WAS FOR ARKANSAS!!! PRAISE THE LORD LMAOOOO, i was just like huh...its gonna be this type of cycle hahahah, omg this is such a relief, i was rethinking my life

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II for the old Westbury campus! Might be the first one lol.

Reactions: 4 users
II as well! Super excited. Congrats those who got one and best of luck to those waiting!

Wow congrats to everyone who got the II today!!! When were you guys complete and IS or OOS?

Congrats! Was it by email? When was your app submission?
My application was "Complete" on June 28 but my letters were not uploaded until July 14, so I'm guessing they reviewed it after the letters were in.

Just got an interview invite for the OW campus. I'm an IS student and I got the confirmation email that my secondary was complete on 08/11. The interview is online over zoom.

Congrats to everyone who got an II! I was just marked complete so hoping to hear something soon.

Any OOS complete in late July / early August who got an II?? Or is our glory coming soon :)

Also, anyone get a generic recruitment email from this school today to "start your application" even though they submitted already 👀

Any OOS complete in late July / early August who got an II?? Or is our glory coming soon :)
Complete July 20 and nothing yet. I think someone earlier said they were complete in August and received an II today…

Does this school re-review apps later in the cycle or does this mean I’m done?

Congrats ! Would you mind sharing Stats and Complete date ?

I got a secondary complete email on July 2nd, but my letters of rec weren’t submitted until the end of July. MCAT 508 cGPA & sGPA 3.8x

Complete August 13th… I can haz II too?

Dang now I'm sad again. Complete 6/30 and no II :/

• Care
congrats to everyone getting interviews! don't get de-motivated guys, our day will come soon!

Dang now I'm sad again. Complete 6/30 and no II :/
I'm in the same boat :/ complete 7/18 and also no II. Hang in there though! It's only August so it's still very early in the cycle and so much can still happen. We got this!!!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users