2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an Interview Invite via email at 12:30pm! I was complete on 6/26 and I am IS.
Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Good luck in the interview.
Thank you! Putting my stuff here for future people that may be curious:

AMCAS Verified: First Day
Secondary Received: Jun 25th
Secondary Submitted: Jun 25th
LizzyM: 74
OOS No ties

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
submitted 6/27, complete email today (8/5) 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
II!, high stats, complete 6/25

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just received an II, complete on July 1st and IS. Joe schmo stats.
V happy!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you! Putting my stuff here for future people that may be curious:

AMCAS Verified: First Day
Secondary Received: Jul 25th
Secondary Submitted: Jul 25th
LizzyM: 74
OOS No ties
Did you mean to say June 25 or is July 25 correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else submitted around july 9th and still hasnt received the complete email? loll
I submitted on July 9th and received an email saying my app was complete and was moved to the committee. Is it possible that you're missing a piece of your app? If not, I'd send an email.

Already marked complete but just got an email identical to the initial secondary email. Anyone else got this?

Already marked complete but just got an email identical to the initial secondary email. Anyone else got this?
Just a heads up: my first II actually came this way. Log onto your portal and see if anything is different.

Reactions: 7 users
Just a heads up: my first II actually came this way. Log onto your portal and see if anything is different.
Holy **** you’re right it was an interview lmfao. You saved my ass

Reactions: 6 users
did anyone else receive the II email but not the "INTERVIEW DAY INFORMATION" email yet? the portal said that we should have already gotten this but i have not seen it in my inbox

did anyone else receive the II email but not the "INTERVIEW DAY INFORMATION" email yet? the portal said that we should have already gotten this but i have not seen it in my inbox
I also have not received that email. I moved forward with scheduling the appointment though just to ensure I got a slot that worked with my schedule.

Are the interviews virtual or in person because it said the interview day runs from 10:50am-4pm?

Are the interviews virtual or in person because it said the interview day runs from 10:50am-4pm?
Virtual, they'll send a test Zoom link a few days before the actual interview. Part of it is a check in, then student panel discussion then the actual MMI.

I was complete on 6/29, GPA - 3.92, sGPA - 3.94, 508, 51 - 74% on CASPer, ORM but with a disability, lot more service than research, and I haven’t heard back yet. I’m a bit nervous that I haven’t heard heard anything yet especially since it looks like people completed after me have already started to get interview invites. Is this a bad sign and does NYMC’s silence mean a rejection or is it too early still? Anybody else not hear back anything?

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete on 6/29, GPA - 3.92, sGPA - 3.94, 508, 51 - 74% on CASPer, ORM but with a disability, lot more service than research, and I haven’t heard back yet. I’m a bit nervous that I haven’t heard heard anything yet especially since it looks like people completed after me have already started to get interview invites. Is this a bad sign and does NYMC’s silence mean a rejection or is it too early still? Anybody else not hear back anything?
I understand your frustration/anxiousness/concern but the reality is that it's only August. What likely is happening is that NYMC is reviewing all the apps they have and picking out the ones they like for II and then putting the other ones back into a pile to rereview later. I had a friend who got a NYMC II later on and interviewed in January and still got an A.

It's still early, so don't freak out...yet. I agree that it's frustrating to not get an II compared to similar stat people who are getting IIs.

Reactions: 4 users
I haven't heard anything either. I was complete on 7/9 with a GPA of 3.80 and a sGPA of 3.74, 508 MCAT, 3rd quartile CASPER, and I have a decent amount of research and volunteering. I know my stats are mediocre and I'm feeling about the same as you are, and now constantly wonder if my list was too ambitious.

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard anything either. I was complete on 7/9 with a GPA of 3.80 and a sGPA of 3.74, 508 MCAT, 3rd quartile CASPER, and I have a decent amount of research and volunteering. I know my stats are mediocre and I'm feeling about the same as you are, and now constantly wonder if my list was too ambitious.
We’re in this together bro… just nervous cause I’m their own words “The admissions office will regularly send out status updates to all applicants on where they stand during the cycle “ and it has been 7 weeks since I was complete. Do you think we should email them? I know they don’t want us to call them but would it show that we are eager?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'm pretty late to the party, but I added NYMC on Tuesday. I saw that a few people said they don't screen, but I haven't gotten an invitation to complete their secondary application and I've checked my spam folder. Is this normal? Does it usually take a few days? Thank you in advance!
I received the secondary two days after adding NYMC.
If you don’t receive the secondary by Monday, you may want to email them at [email protected]