2021-2022 New York Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received the secondary two days after adding NYMC.
If you don’t receive the secondary by Monday, you may want to email them at [email protected]
I added NYMC to amcas on Aug 17th and have not received my secondary either. When did you add the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted before verification, verified 7/21, complete email today 8/24, OOS

should i be concerned that it took me 2 months to get the complete email? received secondary 6/25, submitted secondary 6/26, complete email 8/20. did it take this long for anyone else?

LizzyM 70, OOS, ORM, reapplicant

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
II this morning at 7AM! IS, complete 7/18, LM 74.4, ORM, CASPer 4thQ

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II (last week). OOS. CASPer 4Q. LM 66. Complete 07/19.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Woke up to an II this morning! LM ~75, complete early July

• Love
II this morning. OOS, CASPer 3Q, 3.52/512 URM

• Love
Dang it, missed the first wave of II's. Good luck to those interviewing!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning at 7:10 EST! Complete 7/18. Non-trad reinventor OOS. Casper 4th quartile. 513 MCAT

• Love
Out of curiosity, when were yall able to schedule your interviews for? Dates for me were late October/early November

should i be concerned that it took me 2 months to get the complete email? received secondary 6/25, submitted secondary 6/26, complete email 8/20. did it take this long for anyone else?

LizzyM 70, OOS, ORM, reapplicant
It took this long for me. Same scenario: received 2ary 6/25, submitted that very day of 6/25. My complete email just came (twice, 7am and then 1pm) on 8/24. No change in my application portal. I have no idea what's up.

OOS, ORM, 1st cycle

If we submitted on 6/25, complete on 6/29, LM 68 - 73, and we have not yet heard anything and missed the first II wave, are we screwed?

If we submitted on 6/25, complete on 6/29, LM 68 - 73, and we have not yet heard anything and missed the first II wave, are we screwed?
You've somewhat answered your own question. Does missing the first II wave for every school screw you? No.

I doubt NYMC has sent out a majority of their IIs, maybe 10 or 20%

Reactions: 1 users
Is it bad to skip the COVID question, I did not really have anything change too much, just everything shifted online
^I have the same question... COVID has made shadowing/clinical experience difficult to obtain but I don't think mentioning that would help my app. Is it ok to leave this blank??

^I have the same question... COVID has made shadowing/clinical experience difficult to obtain but I don't think mentioning that would help my app. Is it ok to leave this blank??
Is it bad to skip the COVID question, I did not really have anything change too much, just everything shifted online
I don't think it's a problem to simply say "I WOULD have done this if the pandemic didn't mess it up/I had this thing lined up that got rekt because of the pandemic." I personally answered it basically like this because my MCAT and research I was about to start was taken, but even still, worst case scenario they look at your primary and say "hmm clinicals fell off closer to the end of their undergrad, let's cross check it with the secondary" and bam it's there. That said, it's only 300 characters so it was a genuine struggle to fit everything that got ruined for me lol

Congrats to everyone on their IIs! I'm a current M4 at NYMC, happy to answer any Qs if that would be helpful.

Congrats to everyone on their IIs! I'm a current M4 at NYMC, happy to answer any Qs if that would be helpful.
Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Lol all seriousness, I've got a few to ask. What do you think of the program? Do you like the community? Are you IS or OOS? How long after you submitted your whole application did they give you an interview?

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Lol all seriousness, I've got a few to ask. What do you think of the program? Do you like the community? Are you IS or OOS? How long after you submitted your whole application did they give you an interview?

The best part of the program is the students - and the administration is actually very supportive which is very important to me. I've really enjoyed the program. I'm IS, and I interviewed with the first wave (October I think?)-- I was also in the first wave of acceptances. That being said, I know someone who got off the waitlist less than a week before the school year started, so there's a wide range of experiences in terms of the timeline.

Can you comment on how you like being part of Touro system and the juxtaposition/relationship between Valhalla and NYC/Harlem

Can you comment on how you like being part of Touro system and the juxtaposition/relationship between Valhalla and NYC/Harlem
We have literally nothing to do with Touro's med school in Harlem... I don't think that being part of the touro system impacts us much other than the fact that we get off for Jewish holidays, the campus is kosher, and we don't have Friday afternoon class.

I commute up from NYC, and you're really quite close to the city, so I'd say it's a nice resource for those who either want to live in the city, or who just want to go out on the weekends. There are also a lot of clinical affiliations in NYC so you can do all your clinical rotations M3/M4 in either westchester or the city depending on your preference.

We have literally nothing to do with Touro's med school in Harlem... I don't think that being part of the touro system impacts us much other than the fact that we get off for Jewish holidays, the campus is kosher, and we don't have Friday afternoon class.

I commute up from NYC, and you're really quite close to the city, so I'd say it's a nice resource for those who either want to live in the city, or who just want to go out on the weekends. There are also a lot of clinical affiliations in NYC so you can do all your clinical rotations M3/M4 in either westchester or the city depending on your preference.
Thank you! I was reading on the website about the Touro system and it struck me as an acknowledgement so that makes sense!
Great to hear! I applied here due to the proximity to a diverse rotation possibility. Thanks again and good luck in school!

Hi, I am interviewing at NYMC in October. Super excited :)

Have you lived in the city for all four years? If so, how has that been? I am wondering if that is something that would be feasible for me as I would really love to live in the city.

Hi, I am interviewing at NYMC in October. Super excited :)

Have you lived in the city for all four years? If so, how has that been? I am wondering if that is something that would be feasible for me as I would really love to live in the city.
Yes I've lived in the city all four years - the majority of students live on campus or near campus in M1 so I'd recommend that living in Westchester your first year if your social circle is going to mostly include classmates, however if you have friends/family in NYC it's very feasible to commute if you're willing to drive 45 minutes each way 3-5 days a week. Feel free to PM for more details.

II received, reapplicant, IS, LM 74

Is there a portal (different from the supplemental app) to check our status?

II OOS LM 70

Was sent by email which had an updated portal link that contained an interview scheduling section

• Love
II just now! IS, LM 70, 3Q, complete 7/9. Dates are in November/December.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
II. OOS. Complete 6/25.
Dates are in end of 11/21 and beginning of 12/21.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users