2021-2022 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Deferred after 1/10 interview :,(

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
have there been any updates on when financial aid is supposed to come out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I was hoping for good news today or tomorrow from OSU but all of Ohio is in a bad winter storm right now. They cancelled all in person classes today and I assume that also means the adcom won't be in the rest of the week either lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any OOS accepted applicants here want to discuss how to qualify for IS tuition?

Any OOS accepted applicants here want to discuss how to qualify for IS tuition?
I haven’t even been interviewed yet but I’ve looked into a bit. It’s my understanding that they do everything they can to get you to qualify as an MS1, but as long as you have established residence by the time you’re an MS2 you’ll get IS.

Has anyone come off of the deferred list yet? Just wondering when they will start pulling from this.

Has anyone come off of the deferred list yet? Just wondering when they will start pulling from this.
You can come off at any time I believe, but in April it turns into a wait list so you’ll see a lot of movement then. Typically half the class comes off of the waitlist

So does OSU send the tour invite email to everyone who interviewed? Confused that I got one, since I was deferred

So does OSU send the tour invite email to everyone who interviewed? Confused that I got one, since I was deferred
I think they send it to everyone because I haven't even had my interview yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they like LOI? This is my alma mater and I would really love to come back but no II yet :( I sent an update at the end of November but am considering a more specific LOI now.

Does anyone know if they like LOI? This is my alma mater and I would really love to come back but no II yet :( I sent an update at the end of November but am considering a more specific LOI now.
I’m getting a block O tattoo and attaching a picture of it to my letter of interest (pre II) I’d suggest doing sm like that

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I’m getting a block O tattoo and attaching a picture of it to my letter of interest (pre II) I’d suggest doing sm like that
I'm gonna attach pictures of me volunteering in Cbus and hanging out with their med students. Like trust me, I'm a good fit. Now please let me pay you $30k/year:rolleyes:

+1 but I'm pretty convinced I'm gonna do it anyway

I sent an LOI/update letter and received an II 2 weeks later. I'd recommend doing it!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey for anyone that has already been interviewed, how long were the actual interviews with the faculty and student/resident? Thanks in advance!!

Hey for anyone that has already been interviewed, how long were the actual interviews with the faculty and student/resident? Thanks in advance!!
Just interviewed recently and it was about 45 minutes per interviewer! Good luck!

Mine were 45 minutes each, last 10-15 minutes for my questions

My OSU interviews were also the most relaxed I’ve ever been. The doctor/student interviewers were so nice and so conversational. Just an overall amazing experience that I’m sure you will enjoy too!!

Reactions: 3 users
My OSU interviews were also the most relaxed I’ve ever been. The doctor/student interviewers were so nice and so conversational. Just an overall amazing experience that I’m sure you will enjoy too!!
That's awesome!! I have been SO nervous for all my other interviews but feel so good about this one and all the reassurance. Good luck to you with this application cycle! :)

Did we have to do anything for our LORs besides designating them to OSU on AMCAS? I’m playing around on the OSU self service site rn and there’s an option to add references which is kinda confusing

Did we have to do anything for our LORs besides designating them to OSU on AMCAS? I’m playing around on the OSU self service site rn and there’s an option to add references which is kinda confusing
Not that I remember

Congrats! When is your interview? Were you able to see available dates for other interviews?
My interview day is March 7. I was not able to see dates. They just assigned me this date when they sent me the email.

anyone know when the next round of decisions is coming out?

Accepted!!! OOS, No Ties

Decision posted to Vitals portal just minutes after 5 am eastern time.

Update: No email was sent

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Deferred. Anyone know what the timeline for decisions on deferred applications is like?

Deferred. Anyone know what the timeline for decisions on deferred applications is like?
Committee meets every two weeks to decide, then deferred list becomes a waitlist in April. Just judging from your username you’ve probably got ties to Columbus so you could probably write a pretty strong LOI.

What are the chances of getting in off the deferred/wait list? Do most people make it? Do some end up rejected?

What are the chances of getting in off the deferred/wait list? Do most people make it? Do some end up rejected?
Half of the class comes off the waitlist, so about 100 people.

Following.
II received 2/9, interview 3/7. Complete late Sept., IS, LM 73

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
II Received today 2/22!! Secondary submitted mid August and interview scheduled for late March

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II Received today 2/22!! Secondary submitted mid August and interview scheduled for late March
How late in March?! Ahahaha congrats tho, looks like you got one of the last IIs from this school

Reactions: 2 users
Do any other deferred applicants see “alternate list” on the choose your medical school tool for OSU?

Anyone from 2/21 interview have an idea of when we might hear back by? I don’t remember them saying anything about it