2021-2022 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary:
The prompt is "please reflect on a challenging non-academic experience you have faced. Describe the event, how you reacted to it, and what you have learned about yourself and others by experiencing it." In 300 words or less.
There is a second optional prompt in less than 500 words about if there is anything you'd like the admission committee to know about you that wasn't mentioned on the primary application.

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Does anyone know if they'll be extending the same covid accommodations from last cycle to this cycle I'm specifically wanting to know if they'll extend interview invitations without mcat score

Hi guys! Does anyone know if they'll be extending the same covid accommodations from last cycle to this cycle I'm specifically wanting to know if they'll extend interview invitations without mcat score
Possibly, but I haven't actually heard of that happening to anyone last cycle, myself included. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received. OOS. Verified on AACOMAS 5/30/21

Secondary received today, 6/18. Verified 6/17
The prompt is "please reflect on a challenging non-academic experience you have faced. Describe the event, how you reacted to it, and what you have learned about yourself and others by experiencing it." In 300 words or less.
There is a second optional prompt in less than 500 words about if there is anything you'd like the admission committee to know about you that wasn't mentioned on the primary application.

Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
I posted the secondary prompt on the chat.

Would it be worth applying if I'm OOS with no ties? I am MO resident if that helps.

Would it be worth applying if I'm OOS with no ties? I am MO resident if that helps.
I went to the informational session last week and they said that they are a land grant institution and must accept around 70 percent in state applicants, 3000 people applied last year for both IS and OOS and to be competitive it's a greater than 3.6 gpa for overall and science, 500 MCAT score, multiple upper level BIO classes, and fitting the mission statement of Rural Health Care. Being from a border state might help but try scheduling a meeting with a recruiter and she should be able to give you a better outlook on your application.
All the best

Reactions: 1 users
Received secondary application on 6/18. I am an OOS (TX) resident

I went to the informational session last week and they said that they are a land grant institution and must accept around 70 percent in state applicants, 3000 people applied last year for both IS and OOS and to be competitive it's a greater than 3.6 gpa for overall and science, 500 MCAT score, multiple upper level BIO classes, and fitting the mission statement of Rural Health Care. Being from a border state might help but try scheduling a meeting with a recruiter and she should be able to give you a better outlook on your application.
All the best
Do you know where/who to contact regarding scheduling a meeting?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know where/who to contact regarding scheduling a meeting?
[email protected] I had an advisement meeting with her multiple times as I've gone through this process and she's been super helpful on keeping me on the right track for applying this cycle and gave me tips on how to be more competitive. She's one of the recruiters for OSU COM and you can meet with her on zoom or in person.

I submitted my secondary today 6/29, good luck to everyone!

Submitted secondary last night, received notification today that my application was complete and under review. Good luck everyone.

Submitted secondary last night, received notification today that my application was complete and under review. Good luck everyone.
Good luck! I'm still waiting on my mcat score before mine will be complete

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted this morning and application shows complete and under review!

Secondary submitted this morning and application shows complete and under review!
Good luck! Are you IS or OOS? I'm still waiting 2 more weeks for my mcat score then my application will be complete:)

Good luck! Are you IS or OOS? I'm still waiting 2 more weeks for my mcat score then my application will be complete:)
IS, 51X mcat, 3.9XGPA, non-trad, and 12 years as a paramedic

hurry up and wait now!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they require CASPER to be complete ? I take CASPER on July 8th

Does anyone know if they require CASPER to be complete ? I take CASPER on July 8th
They don’t require it to be offered a II, but do require it before an admissions decision is made. CASPER and Snapshot.

I got my file complete email yesterday. They also said interviews start in August.

Completed files are regularly reviewed by the selection committee for a possible interview. Interviews begin in August and continue to the following April. Should the committee decide to invite you for an interview, you will be contacted via phone to schedule your interview day (we try to give you a couple of weeks notice).

So I submitted my secondary application on 6/29 but I just received my mcat scores today on 7/20. How do I get my secondary updated so that my secondary can now be marked as complete?

So I submitted my secondary application on 6/29 but I just received my mcat scores today on 7/20. How do I get my secondary updated so that my secondary can now be marked as complete?
After releasing your score to AACOMAS, I would email admissions a gentle reminder that you received your score just so it’s on their radar, they’re really responsive! I had emailed last week about my letters getting completed and they were very nice and prompt :)

After releasing your score to AACOMAS, I would email admissions a gentle reminder that you received your score just so it’s on their radar, they’re really responsive! I had emailed last week about my letters getting completed and they were very nice and prompt :)
Thanks! I was able to do this and my application was marked complete as of today. Hope that we hear back soon about interviews!

Anyone get an interview yet? I'm biting my nails here

Nothing here as of yet, just sitting with the complete screen.

I feel like I align with their mission, but I'm not in state or in a bordering state. Wondering if I should just apply.
While they do give preference to IS applicants, they do accept OOS applicants and it says on the website that to be competitive you'd need a GPA greater than 3.5 and a MCAT greater than 500. If you have that and you express how you align with the mission then I would think it would be worth a shot

Should I apply as a Michigan resident? 504 MCAT and 3.8 cGPA 3.2 sGPA. (I fumbled the bag during a lot of my intro science classes) I know they have to accept like 70% IS so I'm just trying to save time and money if my chances are abysmal.

Just submitted secondary. Hopefully I hear back soon

II recieved! OOS MCAT 52X cGPA/sGPA 3.8X/3.6X

Reactions: 3 users
Any data on their post II acceptance rate? I’ve found some info on Reddit, but it only shows the total applicants at <1000 and that seems low to me so I question the validity of the other data.

Reactions: 1 users
Finished the reapplicant feedback session this week and have submitted my application.

Just waiting for the secondary.