2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received a reply from my secondary submission to put my name in the ID field. I resent it with my name and then my AACOMAS ID in the same field. hope this helps!
That's smart !

Members don't see this ad.

Received a reply from my secondary submission to put my name in the ID field. I resent it with my name and then my AACOMAS ID in the same field. hope this helps!
Did you initially submitted just your AAMCOMAS ID without a name? Did the same but was not contacted

Members don't see this ad :)
does touro screen apps before the secondary? or just send out in waves? I didn't receive a secondary yet lol

They send to applicants who meet the minimum requirements

Are those posted somewhere? I would be surprised if I didnt meet the minimum requirements??

How responsive is the admissions office? Went to pay the $200 fee and encountered an error saying it could not submit my application/the transaction did not work..... but I was charged the $200 fee on my credit card.

How responsive is the admissions office? Went to pay the $200 fee and encountered an error saying it could not submit my application/the transaction did not work..... but I was charged the $200 fee on my credit card.

I had an issue using a MasterCard FWIW. Switched to a different card and it worked.

How did you guys answer "Have you been exposed to a diverse and environment and how did you contribute?". It just seems like a question that doesn't flow well with the other ones.
I spoke about my experience volunteering and how I was able to interact with people from all different backgrounds, then how I made an impact in my role and on those people…don’t overthink it too much! My answer could be completely wrong but it’s how I felt like answering

I feel like there's no flow in the essay like I'm not able to link why DO with diversity with the limited space they gave us. are you guys having the same problem?

I feel like there's no flow in the essay like I'm not able to link why DO with diversity with the limited space they gave us. are you guys having the same problem?
I did separate paragraphs for each question. Was not fond of the format but I couldn’t find a flow either. If they’re going to judge me on my ability to perform entertaining transitions in an essay then oh well lmao

Reactions: 1 user
Tbh I don't think you're required to answer every question..I'm pretty sure they're just suggestions on what to address in the secondary. I wrote about my osteopathic experiences and how they'll shape my future career etc. The prompt says "Consider addressing a few of the following areas"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, when you’ve submitted your secondary, have you received any email confirmation about the submission?

we don't have to upload anything else on the e-app except for the supplemental form right? +we email them the form

Reactions: 1 users
Well I feel like an idiot. Wasted $200 (OUCH!) because I thought math would count as a science professor LOR. Lol, it does not. Didn't catch on their webstie that specifies natural science to be chem, bio, physics. Just a heads up to anyone who may be submitting. Good luck yall!

Last edited:
Wait a minute.. what about courses like immunology, anatomy, and biomedical sciences (specifically a course on aging)?
I think anatomy and immunology will fall under the biology umbrella! I bet you're all set, but if you're concerned you could probably call admissions.

I think anatomy and immunology will fall under the biology umbrella! I bet you're all set, but if you're concerned you could probably call admissions.
Oh, shoot, both my letters are in the Entomology department:
-Medical / Veterinary Entomology
-Insect Biotech

Touro California or Nevada sent an email with secondary saying that I had all of the letters, but I wonder if the NY campus would do the same ahh!

Oh, shoot, both my letters are in the Entomology department:
-Medical / Veterinary Entomology
-Insect Biotech

Touro California or Nevada sent an email with secondary saying that I had all of the letters, but I wonder if the NY campus would do the same ahh!
They will update you if not! I got an email saying I was on hold because my letter from my physics professor counted whereas my calculus professor did not.

does submitting a committee letter fill the LOR requirements?

What's up applicants, I'm a current second year so feel free to send any pressing questions my way. I'll answer them in as timely of a manner as possible. Wishing you all the utmost success this cycle!

What's up applicants, I'm a current second year so feel free to send any pressing questions my way. I'll answer them in as timely of a manner as possible. Wishing you all the utmost success this cycle!
Burning question of the day.
—Any idea when the II’s will be sent out ?
—What are the Pro’s for Touro ?
Thank you !

we don't have to upload anything else on the e-app except for the supplemental form right? +we email them the form
It says in the secondary email that we should not upload the secondary to the application. Just email it.

Is anyone else attending the open house tonight @ 6:30? Trying to decide whether it makes sense to wear formal interview attire and if the attendees will be on camera at any point.

has anybody received a confirmation after emailing their secondary? I only got the $200 fee confirmation

In the secondary app instructions, the email says to mark "No" to the question that asks if we are pursuing an online degree. When I fill out the app, I don't see this question online. Did anyone else run into the same issue?

In the secondary app instructions, the email says to mark "No" to the question that asks if we are pursuing an online degree. When I fill out the app, I don't see this question online. Did anyone else run into the same issue?
ya dw about it, instructions are probably from older version of the portal !

I submitted everything 8/18 and got a complete email from them on 9/1. Takes 2 weeks or so...Hope this helps :)

Did anybody reach out to CollegeBoard for their archived AP report? It's been like 3 weeks for me since I sent out that letter but still nothing...... I feel like I'm at a HUGE disadvantage since I can't submit my complete secondary on time.

• Care
Did anybody reach out to CollegeBoard for their archived AP report? It's been like 3 weeks for me since I sent out that letter but still nothing...... I feel like I'm at a HUGE disadvantage since I can't submit my complete secondary on time.
Why do you need an AP report ? If you received AP credit in college, it should be reflected in your college transcript.
Shouldn't you go with your college transcript then to save time ?

Why do you need an AP report ? If you received AP credit in college, it should be reflected in your college transcript.
Shouldn't you go with your college transcript then to save time ?
According to the supplement they want the official AP report from collegeboard

According to the supplement they want the official AP report from collegeboard
They might need it later when you actually get accepted -- to submit the secondary your transcript should suffice.
Or directly contact the Admissions office to be sure.

Hey guys. my AP score report actually just came (!!) so I'm about to send in the secondary. A few quick ques:

1. Do we email the entire document (i.e. download the document, complete it, and send as is without omitting any pages or sections)? Because the email said only the REQUESTED documents but idk what refers to.

2. What additional documents are they expecting, if applicable? If I took summer classes at a new MS program and I have an unofficial transcript for that, should I include it?

3. Do I attach additional documents to the end of that supplemental application IN THE SAME EMAIL or do I just do it as a separate attachment of the same email?

Thanks!!

Anyone else submit around 8/20 and have not yet been sent the application complete email?
Same. A piece of advice do not send them an email about it. I sent an email because I thought my email didn't go through and they replied with " you need to be patient.." RIP :confused:I hope that wouldn't affect their decision negatively

Congrats ! Finally -- they've started sending IIs !

@bakedpotatoes Any update in your portal at all or did you just get an email ?
Thank you!! I received an email. It looks like they are closed in honor of the Succot holiday too so I think it may have been scheduled to send last week

Last edited: