2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received A call! Interviewed late November. Guess I was right abt the late January acceptances haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call for the A!!!!! Interviewed early November!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
AHHHH congrats everyone!!! time to keep my phone in my back pocket just in case...

Congrats everyone!

Edit: hoping my phone gets blessed with a call!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats guys!!

@ pritzker me next pls

but the big wave is at the end of February, and I think all interview days are included in it :)
that’s good to hear!! i interviewed in august so i’ve been holding my breath for months now haha

Members don't see this ad :)
This is need-based aid. @HammurabisCode was asking about merit.
Gotcha. There is no exact statistic, but when you read the drop down menu for Pritzker Scholarships, it says “Much of this fellowship and scholarship fund is awarded for merit or for a particular course of study, and some is awarded based on financial need as part of a financial aid package.”

Gotcha. There is no exact statistic, but when you read the drop down menu for Pritzker Scholarships, it says “Much of this fellowship and scholarship fund is awarded for merit or for a particular course of study, and some is awarded based on financial need as part of a financial aid package.”
I know. So, the bottom line is, they don't make the information that @HammurabisCode seeks available.

They state the obvious, that most people who receive aid receive some school funded grant. But they don't say what he was really asking, which is what portion of those without need, whether or not they are borrowing money, receive grants.

And, while I get why he's asking, the answer doesn't really matter, because the only thing that matters is whether or not he is going to receive some money.

I interviewed in early September, and haven't heard back since. 75 LM, IS, ORM - should I just give up all hope lol? I thought the interview went really well but maybe it didn't??

I interviewed in early September, and haven't heard back since. 75 LM, IS, ORM - should I just give up all hope lol? I thought the interview went really well but maybe it didn't??
Nope, they do a bigger wave of admissions decisions in February. It’s not over until you receive a R

I feel the exact same way. I thought I killed that interview! I hope we get a call in February :) i am trying to hold onto hope

Hey everyone, did you all upload thank you notes to the portal or did you just send them to each individual interviewer?

Have any accepted students heard anything about second-look or anything like that?

FYI, the financial aid app instructions were emailed today. If you want to be considered for scholarship (not clear if this refers to merit or need based scholarship), you need to fill the app out.

FYI, the financial aid app instructions were emailed today. If you want to be considered for scholarship (not clear if this refers to merit or need based scholarship), you need to fill the app out.
did anyone receive an email confirmation or something after completing it?

Is Chicago receptive to letters of interest post-interview?
I believe yes. I remember on my interview day, they mentioned that they liked hearing back from students about their interest in Pritzker (especially towards the end of the cycle after you are finished interviewing with other schools)

Reactions: 2 users
For people who interviewed, when are you thinking of sending letters of interest? I know most decisions are coming out at the end of next month or early March.
I am not sure, I have a bad feeling they already made a decision on my application given my sept interview and dec update/LOI. I think in the next week or so would make sense though, so the committee can actually review the letter if they are still undecided on our apps.

Have an upcoming interview here, anyone have any tips?
Review your primary and secondary, come up with questions to ask your interviewers, be genuine esp if you have a history of social justice and intentional work with historically excluded communities.

Ok honestly I think that was my least relaxed interview, it felt like a rapid fire of questions they had pre-prepared. Anyone else feel like this?

I completely agree...they were throwing those questions with speed

Yea it threw me off guard and I definitely wasn’t as articulate as usual but at least it wasn't just us😅

Ok honestly I think that was my least relaxed interview, it felt like a rapid fire of questions they had pre-prepared. Anyone else feel like this?
I felt this way about my faculty interviewer... like they didn't care about anything I said and didn't engage me in conversation about any of my answers.

I felt this way about my faculty interviewer... like they didn't care about anything I said and didn't engage me in conversation about any of my answers.
Yea my student interview was great but can't say the same about the faculty and admin interviews

If it helps you guys, my faculty interviewer seemed so disinterested (as if they were checking their email) but I still got in. Trust the process and hope you guys hear good news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I also felt this...one of them seemed like they were looking at their phone while I was talking :/
Man I am sorry :( It feels awful when we put our whole hearts out there for people and they just don't care. But hopefully it works out!

• Care
If it helps you guys, my faculty interviewer seemed so disinterested (as if they were checking their email) but I still got in. Trust the process and hope you guys hear good news soon!
Yup same, and my internet literally lagged while I was talking about vaccine mandates and my point got really misconstrued but we survived

• Care
As the end of February approaches... how are we feeling fam
I interviewed back in September so it feels like the adcom has passed me up so many times that an A is unlikely. But I am trying to remain positive :)

Anxiety is definitely starting to kick up a notch o_O I checked last years thread and a bunch of A's and WL's were sent out on Feb 24th, 25th and 26th, so we are in a for a RIDE at the end of next week. Hoping the absolute best for everyone 🤞

Anxiety is definitely starting to kick up a notch o_O I checked last years thread and a bunch of A's and WL's were sent out on Feb 24th, 25th and 26th, so we are in a for a RIDE at the end of next week. Hoping the absolute best for everyone 🤞
we are manifesting calls!!!

As the end of February approaches... how are we feeling fam
I interviewed back in September so it feels like the adcom has passed me up so many times that an A is unlikely. But I am trying to remain positive :)
According to their website, the vast majority of As are released at the end of the cycle. No need to worry!

Probably getting ahead of myself but does anyone know anything about a groupchat or FB group yet?
Maybe an accepted student can give us insight into how many As have already been given 👀
Also, can someone with MSAR access potentially share how many students get off the WL? Hoping for an A feels like dreaming too big haha 😅

Maybe an accepted student can give us insight into how many As have already been given 👀
Also, can someone with MSAR access potentially share how many students get off the WL? Hoping for an A feels like dreaming too big haha 😅
Probably getting ahead of myself but does anyone know anything about a groupchat or FB group yet?
There isn’t a FB group yet, but historically, they have made them. Probably just waiting until they have a bigger wave. I’ll check my MSAR when I get off of work and get back to you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Wait idk if you meant to quote my reply or not😂 I was accepted but idk how many As have been given out yet

Also MSAR, just says “no info provided” under waitlist movement 😬