2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive financial aid from the school? I applied for finaid in Jan but haven't heard anything

Reactions: 1 user
:/

I had some of the best interviews of the cycle with UChicago and I absolutely love the school and what it stands for. Not mad, just disappointed. Barely a couple hours left

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
A a little bit ago!! Cue don’t stop believin’ 🎶:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Do we think calls will continue into the weekend or next week? Really trying to give myself some hope rn🥺

Trying super hard to believe that I will end up where Im supposed to end up but its so hard lol

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Unfortunately have yet to get my first A ahhahahahahahahahaha. Should be hearing back from more next week so hoping that changes asap lol good lord i hate this

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Ohhhh I don't know you but I swear I will pray for you!!!! You will get in!!!

🥺 thank you. I'll be praying for you too, along with all my friends in here haha

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Lmfao just got the post II R, peace out y'all

• Care
Waitlisted! Didn't feel great about my interview tbh, not too upset by it!

Waitlisted. I’m devastated. I know that sounds dramatic but we had a whole life there. Hopefully it works out 😞

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted :/ Glad that they sent it before the weekend. I can finally stop thinking about it

• Care
Post II R, but I’m glad I can move on. Much love to everyone who went through this hellish process this cycle❤️❤️

• Care
Anyone know how many people are usually waitlisted?
This info is from the 2017-18 thread so I don't know if anyone looked at recent years but here is what someone said:

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I just called admissions for some numbers. For those interested, MSAR only shows the number of candidates who stayed at Uchicago after being offered acceptance off the waitlist. The real number of students that were offered acceptance off the waitlist is closer to a number between 20-30 (in last year's cycle). Having said that, they do say that they waitlist a large chunk of their candidates, so I really don't think that waitlist here means anything, and that the chances of getting off of the waitlist are still super slim.

EDIT: Can confirm when my friend called admissions, they said 200-300 are on the waitlist (because actually they waitlist even more, and then the ones that accept waitlist fall in this range), and then the movement can range from 0 to 30. Last year it was 20-30.

Can anyone with MSAR check the WL data? My subscription expired

From MSAR:​

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 6.53.53 PM.png

Email says historically 10-20% of matriculating class is admitted off of the waitlist. So that comes out to anywhere from 9-18 students if we assume a class size of 90. Sheesh. I will not be expecting a whole lot

Last edited:
Late but also got waitlisted. It’s somewhat soul-crushing to have had almost every single post-interview decision of mine be a waitlist, but I know I should be grateful for the one non-waitlist (A) I have. I’ve been a chronic lurker in this thread so thanks to everyone who kept it updated, and best of luck to you all :)

• Care
Post II R. Interviewed in September. Can’t say I wasn’t expecting it because one of my faculty interviews was a complete disaster.

Late but also got waitlisted. It’s somewhat soul-crushing to have had almost every single post-interview decision of mine be a waitlist, but I know I should be grateful for the one non-waitlist (A) I have. I’ve been a chronic lurker in this thread so thanks to everyone who kept it updated, and best of luck to you all :)
Hoping the absolute best for you! Keep your chin up friend! Keep me updated!!!

• Care
WL. Feeling bummed cos this was my best interview. But oh well. The waiting is over (at least.)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Declined my spot on the waitlist, hopefully that'll help with someone else's odds, good luck to everyone WL and congrats to those with As

Does anyone know if the Financial Aid Application is required for merit-based scholarships? Because I completely missed the deadline by a mile (just now read the email) and am terrified I just shot myself in the foot with a missile, oops 😅

Does anyone know if the Financial Aid Application is required for merit-based scholarships? Because I completely missed the deadline by a mile (just now read the email) and am terrified I just shot myself in the foot with a missile, oops 😅
Yes - I believe it is required. If I remember correctly, on the financial aid app, it asks you whether you plan to apply for merit-based scholarships vs loans only.

If I were you, I would email the financial aid office ASAP. I'm sure they would be understanding since the newly admitted people are also filling it now. Good luck!!

Yes - I believe it is required. If I remember correctly, on the financial aid app, it asks you whether you plan to apply for merit-based scholarships vs loans only.

If I were you, I would email the financial aid office ASAP. I'm sure they would be understanding since the newly admitted people are also filling it now. Good luck!!
Oh BOY. Well at least this hopefully means any need/merit-based I would’ve received will be redistributed to others! Rip.

Thank you for the help! I will take your advice immediately and email them. Fingers crossed :)

• Care