2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
could be sincerity of secondaries + seeming like you fit their community

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Do they actually make distinctions for MCAT scores past 522? like is 526>524? Or are they most concerned about keeping their medians where they are?
I don't know specifics obviously. However, I do remember reading a post from the AO at top programs here (LizzyM I think) that some 525+ can be taken in just for the score (barring red flags or terrible gpa).

I mean if you think about it, it makes sense. There are not a lot of 525+ scorers and these schools need to move their median up somehow.

Edit: just checked and pritzker's 90th percentile is literally a 525 (wtf) so it's safe to say they probably also scoop up the ultra high scorers

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an II ! I was complete July 29th, LM 75
Tbh did not think I had a chance at this school so very happy right now :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they have such a filter I think it's absurd. They should be transparent like if you don't have x hours of something then you will not be considered, but we know they want that $$$

Reactions: 1 user
Yea, I've actually heard its leadership>research/pubs>service for most top schools. But it's tough to define what constitutes 'leadership' in their eyes; club officer won't cut it, eagle scout, maybe? Sports captain? Banking/consulting gap year?
If it’s helpful I got an II and I was a scout leader and after school teacher so leadership may be valid, but I wouldn’t say those were my best categories by any means.

If it’s helpful I got an II and I was a scout leader and after school teacher so leadership may be valid, but I wouldn’t say those were my best categories by any means.
Eagle scout and significant leadership role here. I was also thinking maybe it has to do with a social justice focus. I wrote a lot about social justice in my essays and I know this is a large part of their mission.

Eagle scout and significant leadership role here. I was also thinking maybe it has to do with a social justice focus. I wrote a lot about social justice in my essays and I know this is a large part of their mission.
+1 justice-oriented essay. Tied in all my experiences and how they align with the mission

I wrote considerably about social justice experiences as well and tied it in with patient advocacy, which is what Pritzker seems to be all about. I also have a strong research background

out of curiosity, what exactly qualifies as social justice-related work? would this be like working with homeless populations? or is it more like working with organizations like planned parenthood (for example)?

Well - mine was more about various projects/my thesis that I did on healthcare disparities in Chicago and also my work as a Sex Assault Advocate. I think it is a fairly broad label @cofactorcoenzyme

I think that’s the nail on the head. My whole app was around social justice.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's a scout leader lmao? I'm an Eagle scout.

What's a scout leader lmao? I'm an Eagle scout.
I was hired by the Boy Scouts during the summer to recruit scouts and watch the scouts on trips and after school teaching events in a low - ses city . We went over everything from basic hygiene to explaining mortgage insurance .

lol I can go more into depth if you want, but this is the standard explanation I give people.

Last edited:
I think that’s the nail on the head. My whole app was around social justice.
I would say my app is super social justice focused and I got an R, so still seems like a mystery to me. (LM 83, WARS ~95, II from a top school so hopefully that means no red flags lol)

I would say my app is super social justice focused and I got an R, so still seems like a mystery to me. (LM 83, WARS ~95, II from a top school so hopefully that means no red flags lol)
Same here, LM85 and while my app wasn’t super social justice focused, I definitely had multiple significant social justice aspects that are directly related to parts of Pritzker’s mission.

+1 social-justice focused app including leadership in healthcare and educational equity

same boat, can your mom pick me up too lol
I no longer need to be picked up!! II today, complete 7/8, LM 83 OOS!! I thought I got passed over a long time ago so I’m THRILLED rn!!!

• Haha
  • Love
I no longer need to be picked up!! II today, complete 7/8, LM 83 OOS!! I thought I got passed over a long time ago so I’m THRILLED rn!!!
Now please pick me up for the II train

Can attest to the public health/social justice app vibe. I think that's what got me the II at this school (as well as some other top schools) despite my MCAT being below 10th/25th percentile at some.

I was hired by the Boy Scouts during the summer to recruit scouts and watch the scouts on trips and after school teaching events in a low - ses city . We went over everything from basic hygiene to explaining mortgage insurance .

lol I can go more into depth if you want, but this is the standard explanation I give people.
Oh, that's cool like a scouting TFA; community outreach, and developing youth definitely looks good. Did they give you a formal BSA rank? Assistant Scoutmaster?

Oh, that's cool like a scouting TFA; community outreach, and developing youth definitely looks good. Did they give you a formal BSA rank? Assistant Scoutmaster?
My fiancé works for the scouts on the business end now and had the same position as me at the time, so she explained it to me sorta. Our official titles were “scout leader” and we never interacted with actual scout troups. We were mainly just contracted for “marketing” and summer activities. I was especially because I grew up in the same city as the potential scouts and went to a prestigious college, so the district executive that hired us used this as the narrative to show what happens to people who participate in scouting even though I never formally did ( my grandma was a scoutmaster but I never partaked).

Little late since just got into service again! II today (8/9), email notification 800pst, LM 81-82, 7/12 complete

Any news for those who submitted their secondary 7/20 and after?

@potato10 My app was complete on the 29th for UChicago, and I got an interview invite on the 5th (last Thursday)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I spoke to her again about it last night and you were indeed right ! We actually were scoutmasters... didn’t even realize it haha!

Has there been any MSTP II yet? I completed 7/7 and still haven't heard anything from them...

Any news for those who submitted their secondary 7/20 and after?
Hey! I just received a II this morning at 11:30 EST. My LM is 70.1, and I submitted my secondary on 7/20. Ditto to what's been said about the process not being as linear as we might expect it to be - rooting for your time to come!

• Love
Hey! I just received a II this morning at 11:30 EST. My LM is 70.1, and I submitted my secondary on 7/20. Ditto to what's been said about the process not being as linear as we might expect it to be - rooting for your time to come!
+1. Really excited about this one.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Dreaming of Pritzker giving me some attention 😩

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I think they're one of the schools that's focusing on ultra-high-stat and URM applicants first (and of course the overlap between the two) so here's hoping they come through eventually :B

Committee letter was just now submitted, so hopefully I'll get the "complete" email soon. Submitted secondary 7/6. Really excited about Pritzker. Hoping to get an II, because I know a lot of them have been going out. Nervous that my letter was submitted later than I wanted, but oh, well, I can't control that. Just relieved to be complete now.

Besides Chicago and BU, are there any other schools that we know are sending out pre-II Rs?
I know some people (including myself) have received pre-II R's from Weill Cornell, but those might be specific to MSTP

Not sure how accurate this is, but someone I know who used to work with admissions at pritzker told me that the school randomizes the order of applications during review. Didn’t make sense to me but that’s what he said

Not sure how accurate this is, but someone I know who used to work with admissions at pritzker told me that the school randomizes the order of applications during review. Didn’t make sense to me but that’s what he said
this aligns with my bias and makes me feel better so I will take it at face value and not look back

• Haha
When your linkedin gets a Uchicago Medicine viewer >>>>>.
Expecting that R soon now!

• Haha
Random question. I was wondering if it's preferred to do interviews in the AM or PM slot? I was thinking maybe in the AM slot the interviewers might be fresher whereas in the afternoon PM slots they'll be more tired? If an adcom could answer, that would be great!
Wait do we get to pick?