2021-2022 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any OMSI or OMSII here free for me to ask a couple of questions about UNECOM? I was recently accepted (and beyond excited) and had a couple of questions.
current OMS1. feel free to PM me :)

Members don't see this ad.

What did people wear for the welcome session the day before their interview? Should I wear a suit or is business casual fine?

What did people wear for the welcome session the day before their interview? Should I wear a suit or is business casual fine?
business casual is fine

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What do most UNECOM students do during the summer between their M1 & M2 years? (and M2 & M3 years for that matter)

Research? Summer job? Other?

What do most UNECOM students do during the summer between their M1 & M2 years? (and M2 & M3 years for that matter)

Research? Summer job? Other?
I am a little dated, but I know some folks took the summer off and vacationed. Others did some research.

I did some research which was fun and took some time to enjoy the area as well!

Wook

Reactions: 1 user
Any information about this years match available?
We had a 99.5% match rate! I think 95% before SOAP. Lots of people got their 1st or 2nd choice, like more than ever. And Maine Med took a lot of general surgery + others which they haven’t done in a long time. It was an amazing year

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
We had a 99.5% match rate! I think 95% before SOAP. Lots of people got their 1st or 2nd choice, like more than ever. And Maine Med took a lot of general surgery + others which they haven’t done in a long time. It was an amazing year
Thats great to hear! Thank you!

Is there anyone accepted that is planning to withdraw? Trying to gauge waitlist movement 😅

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t. My stats are 509 and 3.9X. It’s been silent since August when I applied so I wasn’t sure if anyone knew anything

I haven’t. My stats are 509 and 3.9X. It’s been silent since August when I applied so I wasn’t sure if anyone knew anything
The admissions person told me they interview through the spring semester. However, with the deadline to choose coming up in about a month that timeline seems like it wouldn’t work for people who have been accepted elsewhere.

Interviewed 3/17/2021

Stats 3.83 sgpa, 501 MCAT

Waitlisted as of today (3/30/2021)!!! Definitely thankful I didn't get rejected.

Looking at trends from the past several years, no one past February really gets outright acceptances. Pretty consistently just WLs
This is not true, OMS-1 here who interviewed on the last week and was waitlisted but I know a few classmates who interviewed the same day as me who were outright accepted.

This is not true, OMS-1 here who interviewed on the last week and was waitlisted but I know a few classmates who interviewed the same day as me who were outright accepted.
When did you get off the waitlist last year? And to confirm, you interview all the way in 2021 April?

Hello congrats on everyone’s acceptances! I was placed on the WL at the end of October and im getting a little anxious about getting an offer. My stats are 3.4 undergrad gpa, 3.56 graduate gpa and mcat score of 510 with tons of clinical experience and some research. I have a feeling i may have stumbled a little during my interview but nothing i can really remember as notable. I am wondering if the fact that i was waitlisted so early and havent heard much back is a bad omen for this cycle? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Hello congrats on everyone’s acceptances! I was placed on the WL at the end of October and im getting a little anxious about getting an offer. My stats are 3.4 undergrad gpa, 3.56 graduate gpa and mcat score of 510 with tons of clinical experience and some research. I have a feeling i may have stumbled a little during my interview but nothing i can really remember as notable. I am wondering if the fact that i was waitlisted so early and havent heard much back is a bad omen for this cycle? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated! Thank you.
Have you sent a LOI since being placed on the waitlist? If UNECOM is your top choice, I would highly recommend sending one!

Have you sent a LOI since being placed on the waitlist? If UNECOM is your top choice, I would highly recommend sending one!
Yes i sent one a week after i was placed on the list. Which i think was maybe too soon based on the directions given in the email, however i did a campus tour with elise murphy and she said it should be fine to send one that early. Hopefully it wasnt bad advice. Ive also sent an update letter.

Yes i sent one a week after i was placed on the list. Which i think was maybe too soon based on the directions given in the email, however i did a campus tour with elise murphy and she said it should be fine to send one that early. Hopefully it wasnt bad advice. Ive also sent an update letter.
I personally don't think it was bad advice based on my own experience. I got waitlisted on Feb 16th, sent a LOI on Feb 21, and got accepted on Mar 4. They may be holding recent acceptances and then sending out one big wave here soon.

I personally don't think it was bad advice based on my own experience. I got waitlisted on Feb 16th, sent a LOI on Feb 21, and got accepted on Mar 4. They may be holding recent acceptances and then sending out one big wave here soon.
Well the only thing is that the directions in the waitlist email said that we shouldnt send LOI until january 1st which i asked her about. So im thinking i sent it way too soon even though a recruiting coordinator told me it was ok. Maybe she didnt have the right info idk. Im just having a hard time understanding why I havent been accepted off the waitlist if its been 5 months.

Withdrew my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone send me the email for where I should send my application update? I emailed the [email protected] but I got no reply. Thank you!
I believe that is the correct email address (the same one i sent my update to). Make sure you included your full name, email address, phone number, and your AACOMAS ID number in the email so they can link the sent info back to you directly and simply. How long ago did you send it?

I believe that is the correct email address (the same one i sent my update to). Make sure you included your full name, email address, phone number, and your AACOMAS ID number in the email so they can link the sent info back to you directly and simply. How long ago did you send it?
Can someone send me the email for where I should send my application update? I emailed the [email protected] but I got no reply. Thank you!
I just realized your missing a “d” at the beginning of “admissions”. Not sure how i missed it first time responding!

I just realized your missing a “d” at the beginning of “admissions”. Not sure how i missed it first time responding!
Yes I mis-spelled it in this thread but it was correct in the email. I sent an email asking them if it was the correct email to send to, but now I am going to send the update with that email. Thank you!

Anyone here from Texas who got accepted into UNECOM? :) Also, if anyone here is looking for a roommate at a place that is nearby campus please let me know!

I’m on the waitlist and am DYING to get an A here. I truly believe this school is the perfect fit for me and vice versa. Any advice on how to show admissions this? I sent a LOI a week after being put on the waitlist (2/21) already and they responded that they would add it to my file for review. Nothing since

No interview invite or rejection… oh god 🥴
Was completed august 😩

No interview invite or rejection… oh god 🥴
Was completed august 😩
Was complete in June/early July, can't remember and nothing. Don't really care at this point.

Was complete in June/early July, can't remember and nothing. Don't really care at this point.
You got accepted somewhere else tho right? I had 3 interviews and waiting