2022-2023 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do y'all think that they are done with the phone calls?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who didn't get an A today but interviewed already heard anything?

Reactions: 1 user
Deferred, said they want to keep my application active so not really a WL or R

Reactions: 1 users
I got the A call around 8AM AZ time and teared up in the middle of clinic, the people I work with thought I was getting bad news lol :') For posterity I'm IS, LM76 and interviewed 8/15! Mega congrats to everyone who got accepted today 🎉

I’m in the same situation, but I am pretty sure that deferred is just how their way of saying waitlist :(
I was thinking waitlist, but it says they will consider by October 31st for rereview... which wouldn't be a waitlist. Hopefully it just means they are waiting, rather than a solidified decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Phoenix sent out any II recently?
Based on their tracker, they've sent out like 10 since last time it was updated. They're at 266 now. Based on last year's number of IIs, they've sent out about 60% of IIs so far.

Anyone else out there get the hold email on the 17th and supposed to hear back on their decision today (10/31)?

Reactions: 2 users
Just put on hold... :( hoping for a better result next time I hear back! Did anyone who was put on hold last time get the A today?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got put on hold again, but its not an R so we will take it! OOS (but they have an affiliation with my home state), interviewed 8/15, LM >80

At this point I’d rather just get a pre II R so that I can stop getting my hopes up every other Monday

Accepted yesterday after two holds, so they do actually review and consider those that are on hold after interviews! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 4 users
Are you IS or OOS?

+1 Interviewed 10/10
OOS but from MT which according to their website they treat as "in-state" so not really sure what to make of that. MT has a bunch of weird associations with other schools since we don't have a med school.

would it be a good idea to send a combined update letter/letter of interest?

Anyone have any interview tips? I interview next Monday and am getting quite nervous as this is my top choice!

Anyone have any interview tips? I interview next Monday and am getting quite nervous as this is my top choice!
Have fun and be true to yourself! This was probably the most conversational of the MMIs I've done which made it more low stress for me personally. They just really want to get to know YOU so as long as you know yourself you'll be fine lol. Good luck!

What the previous person said. Also, don't hesitate to let them know they're your top choice! I did, repeatedly, and got the A. Just be genuine about it.

Anyone who has gone to the student mixer, how did this go/turn out? Is it more casual?

What is the verdict on masks for the mixer/interview day? I figure I’ll just follow suit with what everyone else is doing

What is the verdict on masks for the mixer/interview day? I figure I’ll just follow suit with what everyone else is doing

take one and take it off if you wish to do so. Some students didn't have one on.

Most students were not wearing masks on my interview/mixer day. I brought one and if my interviewer was wearing a mask I put it on. But honestly, it is what you are most comfortable with.

does ua phx accept letters of interest? if so, where would be best place to send them? through email or handwritten letter?