2022-2023 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my financial aid!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone withdrawn their A / WL besides the person above? Getting antsy 🫠

I withdrew my A and I know a few other people who withdrew their As. Browns financial aid was trash and they’re going to lose a lot of people to that. I would imagine even more people will withdraw after their second look on Friday.

There seems to be a high number of waitlist admits at this school so the odds are likely in your favor!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I withdrew my A and I know a few other people who withdrew their As. Browns financial aid was trash and they’re going to lose a lot of people to that. I would imagine even more people will withdraw after their second look on Friday.

There seems to be a high number of waitlist admits at this school so the odds are likely in your favor!
Why do you think more will withdraw after the second look?

Why do you think more will withdraw after the second look?

Because I know a few people who are using the second look to decide between schools. They wanted to attend a second look at the final schools they’re deciding on. They may lean towards brown or they may say “the other second look I attended a few weeks ago for X school was more enjoyable for me, but I’m still glad I went to browns to check for sure.” And then they choose the other school.

Last edited:

Same reasoning for me as well. Financial aid was rather lacking here so I withdrew my A.

Did anyone go to the second look day? how was it
It was pretty great in my opinion. I learned a ton about the school, resources, genuine student opinions on going there (we had the opportunity to talk to students that were just there and not part of admissions since they had classes on Friday and they were really welcoming) and Providence itself. It was a really positive experience

It was pretty great in my opinion. I learned a ton about the school, resources, genuine student opinions on going there (we had the opportunity to talk to students that were just there and not part of admissions since they had classes on Friday and they were really welcoming) and Providence itself. It was a really positive experience
Do you mind if I PM you some questions?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For everyone's convenience, I went through the past 5 threads for AMS and noted every time someone posted about getting an A off the WL and consolidated the info on this note here

ED484558-9D4C-4D5A-83DE-41B4583E6DF0.png

Reactions: 6 users
so do we think nothing until mid week? How many A from waitlist?

Last edited:
How many do you think they will accept off waitlist? Looking at past years it only looks like one waitlist was given out last year

How many do you think they will accept off waitlist? Looking at past years it only looks like one waitlist was given out last year
I doubt it will only be 1 person. They said they usually accept a good amount of ppl (the exact number idk)

Historically, first A off the WL has been at 5pm EST. Per the Waitlist Support Thread, there's some technical issues on what schools are seeing in regards to CTE data, resulting in possible delayed WL movement.

Reactions: 1 users
Historically, first A off the WL has been at 5pm EST. Per the Waitlist Support Thread, there's some technical issues on what schools are seeing in regards to CTE data, resulting in possible delayed WL movement.
I received my first A at another school on Tuesday and I still can't see or access the CYMS tool in my AMCAS. Not sure if that's typical or if it would support that there's problems on the AAMC side of things

anyone know how many people they usually take from the WL?

Who thinks we may hear something today? I feel like we’ll have to wait til next week :(

Is it possible the class is just full?

They said they take 33% straight from interviews and then the rest from the waitlist to bring it up to 50ish % post-ii rate.

On another note - is anyone considering just withdrawing from the WL for another school they already really like? I am seriously considering it as the only pro for AMS (for me) is ranking and I guess opportunities in more competitive specialties. Interview day really did nothing to make the school more attractive for me and an M2 family friend spoke about a pretty competitive class even though they're p/f preclin (correct me if im wrong?)

DM me if you are having a similar internal debate.

Is it possible the class is just full?
I feel like a lot of people on here reported they withdrew and sdn is under-representative if anything. I'd say it's more likely that people have gotten off the WL, and are just not on sdn, but that seems unlikely to me too that not one person would report it.

Has anyone heard anything today?

• Dislike
I’m getting more anxious by the day… no reported WL movement yet?

• Dislike
Do we think people just didnt post? Class full? There were several withdrawals on this site. Seems unlikely that there was not one post about waitlist movement. Very anxiety provoking!

Reactions: 3 users
Still crickets? There was like a 20 person increase in fb group
The SDN page from last year talks about them adding the PLME students to the Facebook group around this time and it was around 20 people. However, each day with no news feels like there's a higher chance that there's been unreported WL movement.

Is it realistically possible there has been NO movement yet? It’s already May 9th and even with the glitch last week it’s still pretty late compared to other schools. I just don’t know if I should continue to hope and be delusional lol

Is it realistically possible there has been NO movement yet? It’s already May 9th and even with the glitch last week it’s still pretty late compared to other schools. I just don’t know if I should continue to hope and be delusional lol
I am wondering the same. I’m driving myself crazy over this ..

Reactions: 2 users