2022-2023 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never listen to them when they say anything like this. Happens way too often and anecdotally seems to be correlated with a negative outcome.
I’m starting to think I should decline the waitlist. It seems that medicine doesn’t want me, so I’d rather go into an industry that does.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I’m starting to think I should decline the waitlist. It seems that medicine doesn’t want me, so I’d rather go into an industry that does.

Hey man, you're preaching to the choir. 5II no A's, multiple interviewers with the "I will see you at the white coat ceremony" type statements. It's tough out here, but head up, your time is coming.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'd make a great professional sht-poster.
Lord NAV,
I've come to you a sinner and I humbly repent for my sins.
I believe you can take me off the waitlist.
I would ask that NAV come into my life and
be my Lord and my Savior. I only ask that
NAV will help guide my life through
the waitlist to an acceptance.
In the name of the first Brown Boy to get it popping,
Amen.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So many waitlists, I thought Brown had a high post-ii acceptance....

accepted!! interviewed mid-december. good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
II 20 min ago!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!! DREAM SCHOOOL im so scared this is a fake one like the ones they accidentally sent out in dec

• Love
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have insight on if i am interviewing for a WL spot if its this late in the cycle? or are spots in the class still open

does anyone have insight on if i am interviewing for a WL spot if its this late in the cycle? or are spots in the class still open
Pretty sure Brown does it "fair-rolling" so that for each "batch" interviewed, roughly 30% will get accepted right off the bat, and another 20-25% will get accepted off the waitlist; they don't just fill their class up at the beginning.
At least that's what they told my group, and I interviewed last month.

Reactions: 1 user
hi everyone, just reposting this quickly bc i am very curious lol - Does any one have tips for the interview? Also, did anyone who’s gotten the A send a letter of intent ? Does brown place value on LOI

hi everyone, just reposting this quickly bc i am very curious lol - Does any one have tips for the interview? Also, did anyone who’s gotten the A send a letter of intent ? Does brown place value on LOI

I got an A and did not send a LOI. I didn’t even send thank you emails. The interview was pretty chill. You just talk about your AMCAS experiences and yourself. It was one of my less stressful interviews. Everyone is very kind! Good luck!

Do we know if they have finished interviews/if they’re still sending invites ?
I believe they are done sending them out. I got one on Monday, and the only spot left was the 17th, which is their last day of interviews. I believe I got mine from a cancellation

Oh Brown... I am just waiting for the pre-II R! I sent an update a few weeks ago and it has still been radio silence...

• Care
did anyone send a letter of intent post interview? (even if you got the A or WL) just trying to gauge when i should send one

Pre-II R just now. LM 74.10, OOS, Complete late August

finally got my pre-II R. completed 8/25.
very late in the cycle so expected and i’m all good 😌

Pre-II R just now. OOS, complete 7/10

there it is, just got it. Pre-II R. It is what it is

Oh Brown... I am just waiting for the pre-II R! I sent an update a few weeks ago and it has still been radio silence...
The pre II R has finally struck! Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Also, a quick reminder to those who have been struck with the R, you are still amazing and wonderful! You are going to make a phenomenal physician no matter where you end up <3

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else with no response yet?

Finished late Aug.

Reactions: 10 users
Also got the pre-II R on 2/15. OOS, complete early August. Unfortunate scenes.