2022-2023 Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when they send the rejection or WL emails? Trying to mentally prepare myself for a rejection lol
zoom is for wednesday so i assume all decision emails might be going out that day? just guessing though

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 10/31 - no Zoom link received yet so likely a WL or R?

Interviewed 10/17 and no zoom link. Praying for no news from Case today 🤣🤣🤣.

Members don't see this ad :)
II from case today! Unexpected but exciting!!! Good luck to those hearing back today 🫶🫶

Reactions: 1 users
Just received alternate list email...feeling discouraged because thought I really clicked with my interviewers...interviewed 10/17

Reactions: 6 users
+1 Alt list but knew my interview wasn't the best. Interviewed 11/2

+1 alternate list. Was really excited and thought my interview went OK, but I guess not. Hopefully will get off the list but it seems like that won't happen until summer if at all. Interviewed 10/19

Alt list also. Thought it was a great interview too.

Is there a lot of movement from case from alt to acceptance?

Alt list also. Thought it was a great interview too.

Is there a lot of movement from case from alt to acceptance?
There can be. It just depends on the year and it's really hard to predict what will it will look like in the spring. We took a little over 30 people off our alternate list this last spring.

Reactions: 7 users
There can be. It just depends on the year and it's really hard to predict what will it will look like in the spring. We took a little over 30 people off our alternate list this last spring.
@CWRU.Sman are you able to give numbers on how many students were placed on the Alternate List last year? And how many for this year as well?

Received II last week, so grateful!! Is it preferred that we send post-II updates before the interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
Each time I get an email telling me to pursue their master's program in anatomy, anesthesia, etc. (which is like 3x a week now), I get a blow to my self-esteem...just tell me I'm rejected already 😞

II Recieved for CWRU med school 11/21/22, complete like 8/30

Is the Post II rate for CWRU low? I have read that they send interview invites to a lot of people

Received II last week, so grateful!! Is it preferred that we send post-II updates before the interview date?
Can't you maybe update it in the interview and mention it? I know most med school portals allow you to make updates at any point in time now

II OOS just now, complete 08/12 interview dates in mid December :D

II OOS!! I’m surprised but excited! Complete 8/11

Anyone else silent from July??

Reactions: 9 users
II OOS! Surprised and excited. Complete 8/10. LM 71

II Recieved for CWRU med school 11/21/22, complete like 8/30

Is the Post II rate for CWRU low? I have read that they send interview invites to a lot of people
Nope. Since switching to virtual, we get very few cancellations or declines to the interview invitation.

if we haven’t been rejected yet and were complete early august, does it mean we are still under consideration?
I've been complete since July...really hoping for an II since this is one of my top choices. Does CWRU accept any pre-II updates or letters of interest?

I've been complete since July...really hoping for an II since this is one of my top choices. Does CWRU accept any pre-II updates or letters of interest?
Nah I don’t think so, I wish🫤

I found this:

Updates are only accepted from applicants in the categories listed below. If your application is placed into one of these categories the ability to upload updates to your application will become available on the Status page.

Invited for an Interview
On Hold for a Future Interview
Alternate List

if we haven’t been rejected yet and were complete early august, does it mean we are still under consideration?
Yes! Remember how long it took you to complete AMCAS and secondary applications? It takes us (admissions) a long time to read through everything plus letters of recommendation. I just came from a national meeting and saw many of my admissions friends and screening is the #1 pain point for admissions teams. Many of us don't have armies of screeners like some undergraduate admissions offices and the med school application is way more indepth than the Common Application. The bottomline is, with small admissions teams this just takes time.

Reactions: 11 users
pre-ii R, complete late July. good luck y'all!

Pre-II R, complete 8/11. Good luck to those still in the running!

Yes! Remember how long it took you to complete AMCAS and secondary applications? It takes us (admissions) a long time to read through everything plus letters of recommendation. I just came from a national meeting and saw many of my admissions friends and screening is the #1 pain point for admissions teams. Many of us don't have armies of screeners like some undergraduate admissions offices and the med school application is way more indepth than the Common Application. The bottomline is, with small admissions teams this just takes time.

Thank you so much for the response!

Just had my interview. I always feel like crap afterward. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst

II this morning, complete late July. Dates in mid Jan

Reactions: 2 users