2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have been looking into GU but I don't want to apply if I am not competitive in terms of volunteer hrs. I know it is incredibly service oriented but does anyone have any statistics for this?

What are the average/median number of hours towards service and does clinical volunteering count?
Folks who have taken gap year(s) can have 1000s of more hours than an applicant who hasn't. It's all relative, so I'm not sure if it's a great idea to decide whether you're applying there or not based on that statistic.

Reactions: 1 user
On question 3 they don't list a character count--I see posts that say its capped at 1000 character but question 4 says the cap is 3000. Has anyone already submitted and can tell if its 1000 characters for question 3?

Members don't see this ad :)
On question 3 they don't list a character count--I see posts that say its capped at 1000 character but question 4 says the cap is 3000. Has anyone already submitted and can tell if its 1000 characters for question 3?
i believe its 3000- i submitted mine with around 2200

Any II's here yet? They say invites start going out late July and it's definitely that :p

I received an interview invite two days ago.

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite two days ago.
Congrats and best of luck! Any affiliation to the school or area? Nothing going on in my neck of the woods. Submitted secondary last day of June.

Members don't see this ad :)
What have people written for number 2? I'm a bit lost because there's already kind of a diversity essay and a why Georgetown essay. I was planning on talking about what I have done in my gap year and what I plan to do for my application year but looking for some input.

What have people written for number 2? I'm a bit lost because there's already kind of a diversity essay and a why Georgetown essay. I was planning on talking about what I have done in my gap year and what I plan to do for my application year but looking for some input.
That sounds solid. I think anything is fair game that you want to highlight but didn't get a chance to flesh out in other parts of your primary or secondary. Good luck!

Wait have interview invites so far only been for ED? I thought it was everyone. I looked online for some type of timeline for ED and RD but didn’t find anything. Anyone got any insight on this?

Congrats and best of luck! Any affiliation to the school or area? Nothing going on in my neck of the woods. Submitted secondary last day of June.
Yes I grew up in the area, and I was RD not ED.

II here as well, via email. Want to "let's go" but the link to log on isn't opening...sigh. Anyone else able to get in?

II! Presentation required in addition to interview

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
for those with the link not opening -- just log onto the portal with the initial link they sent you

for those with the link not opening -- just log onto the portal with the initial link they sent you
Thanks. Able to get into the portal now...but nothing available to take an action on regarding interviews.

There must be something wrong with their system because it looks like they forgot to send me an II??? So bizarre

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
if you complete the survey (which asks you about what time you prefer your interview), an interview tab will show up which will give you all the available dates. I am interviewing on Friday August 26th, which appears to be the first week of interviews

Reactions: 1 users
if you complete the survey (which asks you about what time you prefer your interview), an interview tab will show up which will give you all the available dates. I am interviewing on Friday August 26th, which appears to be the first week of interviews
+1! I selected Tuesday, August 23rd. "See" you on the 22nd for the presentation!

what are everyone's stats and/or LM? Any insight would be much appreciated. Please.

anyone got an II and was complete in July?

Interview on August 31st. Thanks all and good luck to us all!!

*goes to check portal* *realizes that despite paying the fee on 7/2 i never actually hit submit* *cries*

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
How long did it take to get your secondary after your primary was transmitted? Mine is taking a long time and I'm getting worried