2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah and got me sweatin with the silence..
I said this in the GW thread too, but as a DC resident, I'm trying to stay hopeful! They interview lots of people, I hear.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I made a mistake in my primary application. i forgot to take out projected hours for my medical assistant job since i decided to pursue a one year masters program. Do you guys think i should use the space in no 4 to address that

I made a mistake in my primary application. i forgot to take out projected hours for my medical assistant job since i decided to pursue a one year masters program. Do you guys think i should use the space in no 4 to address that

You could just mention that your are in a Masters program but I wouldn’t necessarily make any reference to your projected hours in your primary app.

Schools know that plans change and I definitely wouldn’t consider this a “mistake”! GL!

Does anyone know if we interact at all during the presentation or if it's just a one-way sort of presentation, aka we listen and they talk? Asking because it was so soon and couldn't get work off so I have to attend both lmao

I sent my primary app here, but have dragged my feet with the secondary after reading something ominous on their website about how they view IA's. I have an IA from 22 yrs ago, but I'd rather not pay $130 to have my application go straight to the recycle bin if they auto-screen for this. Anyone gotten an II here with an IA on their primary app? Thanks in advance.

I sent my primary app here, but have dragged my feet with the secondary after reading something ominous on their website about how they view IA's. I have an IA from 22 yrs ago, but I'd rather not pay $130 to have my application go straight to the recycle bin if they auto-screen for this. Anyone gotten an II here with an IA on their primary app? Thanks in advance.
Does IA = Interview Attended? Do you mean they view a previous IA to their own school negatively?

I have an IA and got a II for this cycle. That being said, my IA is not cheating or plagiarism, but I reported it anyways. Shoot your shot and apply if you can pay the fee!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
anyone know if georgetown screens for secondaries? just got mine but my stats are low (LM 64) and not sure if i wanna pay 130

Members don't see this ad :)
RD II IS (DC resident) received around 1PM!

LM ~ 70 complete on 07/12

Reactions: 2 users
any non-traditional applicants get II's? giving up hope :/

any non-traditional applicants get II's? giving up hope :/
I'm decently non-trad. 25 yo, graduated several years ago, worked for a while, and then completed a post-bac. Still a long way to go so I wouldn't worry just yet!

if they skip over your complete date is that a soft R?

Reactions: 1 users
if they skip over your complete date is that a soft R?
Honestly speaking, yeah. If you look at the past threads and the old 2021 interview tracker. Once they pass your day (+/- a week) then yeah most likely it’s soft R. :/

Honestly speaking, yeah. If you look at the past threads and the old 2021 interview tracker. Once they pass your day (+/- a week) then yeah most likely it’s soft R. :/
So in that case, uh, what "complete date week" are we on right now?!!?! Did they pass 7/26 already?

Ridiculous question alert:

In my haste to schedule an interview and click around, I accidentally clicked on the Decline/Withdraw Interview tab. Now of course I did not follow through on that page and actually finish declining, as I certainly DON'T intend to do that. What troubles me is that the moment you access that page, it tells you that your interview has successfully been cancelled, or something to that effect.

My portal still has my selected date, I didn't actually check the "decline" box, and I didn't interact with the page beyond accidentally accessing it. Presumably I would have also gotten a confirmation email if I had actually performed the action. Not sure why that message is pre-loaded there, but would someone kindly confirm that I didn't just do the dumbest thing of all time?

Love you all, thanks!

Long-term SDN lurker here! super late to update this thread but received this II today around 1 PM EST! Complete 7/28, LM 68.30, MCAT <510 Good luck to everyone! Just know your stats don’t define you <3

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Ridiculous question alert:

In my haste to schedule an interview and click around, I accidentally clicked on the Decline/Withdraw Interview tab. Now of course I did not follow through on that page and actually finish declining, as I certainly DON'T intend to do that. What troubles me is that the moment you access that page, it tells you that your interview has successfully been cancelled, or something to that effect.

My portal still has my selected date, I didn't actually check the "decline" box, and I didn't interact with the page beyond accidentally accessing it. Presumably I would have also gotten a confirmation email if I had actually performed the action. Not sure why that message is pre-loaded there, but would someone kindly confirm that I didn't just do the dumbest thing of all time?

Love you all, thanks!
It shows the same message for me too, I don't think you should be worried!

Edit: I emailed them and they fixed that sentence lol

Last edited:
For people interviewing 8/31, since we get the time of our interview 3 days prior...would that mean we get it tomorrow since otherwise it would be a Sunday and I'm def assuming that's a non-working day?

How are you establishing that? I saw someone posted they were complete 7/26.

I was complete on 7/12 I think, so this makes me nervous.
your guess is as good as mine :) when i posted that earlier i hadn't seen any IIs reported with a complete date after that week. but i'm sure there are also IIs getting sent out that just aren't posted on SDN. not sure if there's even a method to the madness - wishing you luck this cycle!!

For the interview acknowledgment form, does anyone else get a "document not found" pop up message when they try to preview their attached pdf on the portal? I'm trying to make sure that the error is not from my end

For the interview acknowledgment form, does anyone else get a "document not found" pop up message when they try to preview their attached pdf on the portal? I'm trying to make sure that the error is not from my end
Yes! This happened to me too but the document is fine if I view it from a different source

Hi all, I just added Georgetown to my AMCAS primary a few days ago, but I haven't received a secondary invite yet. I heard that they don't screen so should I wait a few days for processing or should I email them? Just want to get in my secondary ASAP.

Hi all, I just added Georgetown to my AMCAS primary a few days ago, but I haven't received a secondary invite yet. I heard that they don't screen so should I wait a few days for processing or should I email them? Just want to get in my secondary ASAP.
It took five days to get my secondary from them!

for this prompt:
4. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application?

can I skip it? I mean I do have a few withdrawals, mcat retakes,, etc but I don't want to draw attention to it? Idk. Please advise! Thank you

for this prompt:
4. Is there any further information that you would like the Committee on Admissions to be aware of when reviewing your file that you were not able to notate in another section of this or the AMCAS Application?

can I skip it? I mean I do have a few withdrawals, mcat retakes,, etc but I don't want to draw attention to it? Idk. Please advise! Thank you
I even went to Georgetown and still didn't have anything I felt would fit nicely there so I skipped it

(but I wasn't on the last interview wave so take that with a grain of salt...)

for this prompt:

I skipped it as well. I don't think it mattered as I received an II. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users