2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like the same tuition rate for IS and OOS. MCAT average of 508 looks impressive.
LUCOM is a private DO school, so tuition rates are the same.

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think so. maybe a very slight preference for in state but I really don't think so. on SDN interview page, 15% of interviews are IS.
No preference for IS vs OOS, because they are a private school. Our largest represented state is VA, second largest is CA, then FL, TX, then many other states.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I also attended a Christian undergrad so I hope this helps.
I am also Christian and would love to attend Liberty. I interview August 18th. Best of luck future classmate.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, so I scheduled my interview for 8/8/22 and received a thank you email without any specifics regarding the interview. Will they send out a followup email including a zoom link, dress code, etc, to my liberty account?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, so I scheduled my interview for 8/8/22 and received a thank you email without any specifics regarding the interview. Will they send out a followup email including a zoom link, dress code, etc, to my liberty account?
I am assuming so. Like I am sure they will send an email around a couple days out

Are there any current students willing to answer a couple questions?

best thing you liked about LUCOM and least favorite thing? Also, are there a lot of fun things to do around town???
Best thing: my classmates and faculty. My class is really collaborative and we have a good atmosphere of sharing resources and having each other’s backs. The faculty really does care about the students doing well here, and many of them I plan to keep in touch with in the future.

Worst: pharmacology is LUCOM’s weak spot. It isn’t taught systematically as it’s own course, so it kinda feels haphazard. Thank God for sketchy.

Fun things to do in town: so we have access to all of Liberty’s amenities included in tuition, which includes an indoor & outdoor pool, amazing gym, free college sporting events, read round snowboarding & skiing, and the med school does intramural teams in sports like soccer, beach volleyball, etc.

Lynchburg isn’t a party town so there aren’t many bars, no clubs that I know of, and it isn’t a concert spot. There’s lots of hiking in the area, fishing, kayaking, and some outdoor concert venues only an hour away. There are two larger cities within 1 to 1.5 hrs away that have more nightlife.

Anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate is like?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary/II received today (8/4). Primary submitted 7/27 & received 8/2. 508. From the looks of it, no more open aug interview dates, im only seeing sept.

I emailed them asking about this. They said an itinerary would be sent out one week prior to interview.

I called admissions to see if they had gotten my application and they said they have it and it is being reviewed. I said ok thank you and I was about to hang up but then he said "one more thing- you will be hearing from us". Idk if that's a good sign or if its just like you'll hear from us with an II or R lol. We will see I guess. This is one of my top picks so hoping for the best.

Called today because I wasn’t sure if they for my app/MCAT score since my app came in first.

Spoke with a very nice lady but she said the same thing to me! Hoping it’s a sign!

Does anyone who interviewed before ever get basic science questions relating to biochemistry, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc from their interviewer? If so, what were the questions like?

Does anyone who interviewed before ever get basic science questions relating to biochemistry, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc from their interviewer? If so, what were the questions like?
no, I did not

This school didn't have a secondary right, all the questions were on the primary? I submitted on 07/22 and still haven't got an application received or complete email. Should I email

great interview session. hope to hear soon. interviewed today (8/11)

Reactions: 3 users
This school didn't have a secondary right, all the questions were on the primary? I submitted on 07/22 and still haven't got an application received or complete email. Should I email
I am in the same boat. Did you get any confirmation since submitting your primary?

just got a secondary and interview 8/16! super excited since this is definitely a top school for me, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if decisions would be released next week? I believe it was said we would know before September 1st, but not sure if they meant like August 31st.

Does anyone know if decisions would be released next week? I believe it was said we would know before September 1st, but not sure if they meant like August 31st.
according to last year thread, it was approx a week after you interviewed

according to last year thread, it was approx a week after you interviewed
They said they were doing things differently this year, due to the stats of the recent graduated class. We were told before September 1st because they wanted to look at all the candidates being interviewed this month I believe. Would’ve liked it if they did say it one week after though!

those that have interviewed, is it open or closed file? also when do students hear back post interview?

Submitted my primary 2 weeks ago and never got anything, emailed them and they never responded. What do you think I should do?

Congrats! After you submitted your primary, did you get a link for payment? How long did it take?

I didn’t get a link for payment until I received the secondary/interview invitation link today!

Has anyone opted to do the in-person interview? I’m trying to make that work but don’t know if anyone would have any comments!

Has anyone opted to do the in-person interview? I’m trying to make that work but don’t know if anyone would have any comments!
I wanted to as well. However, I am OOS and couldn't make it work in the short timeline with my employer. I decided to interview virtually and (God willing) if I get in, I will schedule a visit further out that works better with my schedule!

I wanted to as well. However, I am OOS and couldn't make it work in the short timeline with my employer. I decided to interview virtually and (God willing) if I get in, I will schedule a visit further out that works better with my schedule!

Thanks for replying. After much consideration, this is what I am planning to do as well!

any current students want to share their experience at the school? how is the faculty? how conservative is this school, and do you feel that in your lectures? also if you're from a different religious background, how has your experience been like?

any current students want to share their experience at the school? how is the faculty? how conservative is this school, and do you feel that in your lectures? also if you're from a different religious background, how has your experience been like?
also curious. not very religious but love the location of this school. I am from va

Anyone receive a call yet? IS interview 1 week ago today!

Interviewed here today (8/18) and realized this is not the program for me. I will withdraw my application as I’ve already been accepted into ACOM. Good luck to you all

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed here today (8/18) and realized this is not the program for me. I will withdraw my application as I’ve already been accepted into ACOM. Good luck to you all
Same experience as you. Although I do not have an A to another school so will not withdraw.

How long did it take you guys to receive the payment email? I submitted my primary weeks aho. Should I email?

How long did it take you guys to receive the payment email? I submitted my primary weeks aho. Should I email?
no need. the payment is attached with the II. So you just have to wait and see if you get a II. Good news is they only had two waves of II so im sure there will be plenty more!!! stay hopeful, your time will come

• Care
no need. the payment is attached with the II. So you just have to wait and see if you get a II. Good news is they only had two waves of II so im sure there will be plenty more!!! stay hopeful, your time will come
Ohh okay thanks so much!! I was so confused. Do they send out a complete email? Or just the II and that just means you can pay and you are complete.

Ohh okay thanks so much!! I was so confused. Do they send out a complete email? Or just the II and that just means you can pay and you are complete.
no complete email for me. just one email requesting payment and schedule an II

Is there a portal to check the status of my application?