2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the email saying I was waitlisted for an interview

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No formal rejection, but I got an email regarding me being “non favorable”, and recommending I consider their transfer program.

Honestly offensive hahahaha

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not a total R. They just want a 50k check from you before they accept you into their med school

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No formal rejection, but I got an email regarding me being “non favorable”, and recommending I consider their transfer program.

Honestly offensive hahahaha
If we got the same email, it says "although you have not received a favorable response in this program". There is nothing in that email calling you unfavorable or to be directly offended about. Also, my guess is that they likely send this email to all applicants who didn't get IIs, in case applicants want to consider applying to other programs to strengthen their profiles/do something else with the gap year they may have to end up taking if they do not get in this cycle, and the formal rejection email would likely come after the secondary deadline in March or whenever they're done interviewing for the cycle.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed earlier this month and I've been checking the portal every day for updates on my application. Has anyone who interviewed this month gotten an update?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed earlier this month and I've been checking the portal every day for updates on my application. Has anyone who interviewed this month gotten an update?
They mentioned in my interview that the committee is meeting the last week of Jan (this week) and will let applicants know in feb

It is a 30 minute, 2-on-1 interview. Faculty interviewers and traditional questions. Open file, not sure if they have scores but they have your essays and ECs.

Dropping this link here again for any accepted students!
Hello,
I am an accepted 2027 AZCOM student and i'm unable to join the discord server. May I get a PM for an invite?

Same I interviewed earlier this month and haven’t heard anything. At my interview they said the admissions committee will meet and decide by the end of January

Do we think Jan interview people will hear back today/this week?
Hey everyone! I interviewed on the 25th, and they said that everyone who interviewed in January will hear back this week. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my A today. OOS, interviewed 11/8 and accepted 11/30. Best of luck to all of you :)

Anyone who interviewed on the 24th get any updates yet? Not me being anxious and neurotic and checking the portal every few hours 🥲

Anyone who interviewed on the 24th get any updates yet? Not me being anxious and neurotic and checking the portal every few hours 🥲
It took them about 3 weeks to get back to me. I interviewed early January

Interviewed 1/25, accepted today 1/31
Congrats!! Did they send an acceptance email? I called in to their admissions office and they said I was accepted but I never got an email or phone call

Received pre-II waitlist yesterday, probably because of low MCAT. Anything I can do to improve my chances (letter of interest etc.)?

I think I’m accepted? Interviewed 1/24 and the accepted page just updated now!! First A so happy

I interviewed the 20th, still eagerly waiting and checking the portal constantly! Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow with an A!

Interviewed 1/13, accepted today via the portal. Good luck everyone!