2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Received secondary, recheck portal if you applied to both. I did not receive an email indicating the secondary for this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Received secondary, recheck portal if you applied to both. I did not receive an email indicating the secondary for this school.
Same questions as CCOM

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys using the same answer for the second prompt for both schools?

submitted 06/10 verified 06/11
Are you guys using the same answer for the second prompt for both schools?
No I am going to try to tailor it towards AZCOM specifically but I might just put the same thing for the second question

Also received secondary using the CCOM portal - did not get an email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a secondary that just applied to AZCOM?
I can't remember why I didnt apply to CCOM.

edit. I remember. It was because they weren't as OOS friendly compared to other schools.

Last edited:
AZCOM secondary received. Applied to AZCOM only!

Just received mine as well. I got worried for a second.

Are you guys submitting a resume? I feel like my AACOMA's application has everything and more about my life.
I may upload a general resume that I shared with few of my letter writers. You're right, resume is redundant at this point. I haven't had a chance to take a look at it - at work.

I may upload a general resume that I shared with few of my letter writers. You're right, resume is redundant at this point. I haven't had a chance to take a look at it - at work.
I am submitting my CV. Has much greater detail about every research grant I've worked on, more volunteering experiences, professional certifications, etc.

• Wow
These are the prompts!
Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

These are the prompts!
Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?
Thank you! Is there a word limit for each of these responses?

Just received an email from AZCOM saying that my app is incomplete/is missing items. When I log onto the portal, it states that everything is completed. Anyone else get this? I think it was sent in error

Just received an email from AZCOM saying that my app is incomplete/is missing items. When I log onto the portal, it states that everything is completed. Anyone else get this? I think it was sent in error
I did as well

Got a marked complete email at 4am lol.... less than a day after the "you're incomplete" one. At least they got it sorted!

is anyone seeing that their LORs are received when you click applicant checklist for AZCOM? I don’t see it on AZCOM but I do see it for CCOM.

is anyone seeing that their LORs are received when you click applicant checklist for AZCOM? I don’t see it on AZCOM but I do see it for CCOM.
Yeah! Same here. They said the two campuses do things differently so as long as you receive a complete email, you are good!

Yeah! Same here. They said the two campuses do things differently so as long as you receive a complete email, you are good!
Weird, everything says it’s complete on the portal but I have not gotten a complete email sent to me

I just randomly looked on the secondary website and saw that I got an interview invite! They have in person and virtual options available. I scheduled in person for September 9th.

Reactions: 2 users
I just randomly looked on the secondary website and saw that I got an interview invite! They have in person and virtual options available. I scheduled in person for September 9th.
+1, chose a virtual option. Super excited!

Congrats to you both. Would you mind sharing stats and complete date?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, quick question, where on the portal does it let you see that you have an interview?

II. 03:55 AM EST. OOS. cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.5. 507. URM. Secondary Submit: 7/3.