2021-2022 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a little late but since I was on vacation I wasn't able to check the mail until today but I interviewed 11/30 and was put on the Acceptable List. IS LM 69 ORM

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
a little late but since I was on vacation I wasn't able to check the mail until today but I interviewed 11/30 and was put on the Acceptable List. IS LM 69 ORM
I feel you- interviewed 1/11 and wait listed as well. I’m not hopeful for myself but I hope something works out for you- best wishes. And now we wait… potentially for 6 months- so this should be fun!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview here in a few weeks-- any advice on how to prepare, other than practicing standard med school interview questions? What is the interview day like? Thanks in advance!

I have an interview here in a few weeks-- any advice on how to prepare, other than practicing standard med school interview questions? What is the interview day like? Thanks in advance!
There's some more comments about this from like mid-October in this thread about this, but it's super relaxed. Just have your standard stuff ready and otherwise be ready to have a conversation about yourself or things you're interested in. Probably best to have some questions ready for the interviewers to facilitate just in case but otherwise everyone is very friendly. Best advice IMO is to relax and don't stress about prepping.

Reactions: 1 user
The interviews were blind so definitely know your application inside and out, and be prepared to talk about yourself (which I feel like is the most difficult part). The faculty I interviewed with was very dry and came across as uninterested, so it was especially hard to stay engage, so be prepared for any kind of person haha. Student interview was superrrrrr chill. We just talked. But best advice is to know your app and all that you've accomplished so you can answer any questions to the best of your abilities. Good luck! 🔥

I was placed under active review in November and still haven't heard anything, anyone else in the same boat??

• Care
When does WL start moving? End of May?
From the letter (being on the acceptable aka the wait list), it said that the timeline of pulling people off of it is not specific, but it could be all the up up to July. Just says if you‘re pulled from the list that they’ll contact you immediately.

Hey y’all I interviewed 1/4 and got my A by email this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS here, applied 6/30, Pre-interview R just now, good luck to everyone still in the runnning!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS with strong ties. Was under Active Review 12/8. Denied today.

• Care
This is just a repost but if you’d like to be the accepted GroupMe just send me your number! Only for those that are absolutely going to Shreveport. Goodnight with the cycle yall!

Congrats further doctor! Were you on the acceptable list first or only received an A??
Well this is embarrassing, I posted in the wrong school. Must be my excitement. But to answer your question, I only received an A.
I have yet to hear anything back from Shreveport. Best of luck, everyone!

• Haha
  • Care
Well this is embarrassing, I posted in the wrong school. Must be my excitement. But to answer your question, I only received an A.
I have yet to hear anything back from Shreveport. Best of luck, everyone!
was that school lsu nola?

In state and got the pre interview rejection after being under review since October. Confused because I got an interview at lsu Nola with a lower mcat score. Not impressed with the admissions process here and felt that the school has some chip on their shoulder about being NOLA’s stepchild.

I'm sorry man. I especially hate it when in-state schools reject their own local/regional applicants.

• Care
II today. Dates were from beginning of March to first week of April.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
In state and got the pre interview rejection after being under review since October. Confused because I got an interview at lsu Nola with a lower mcat score. Not impressed with the admissions process here and felt that the school has some chip on their shoulder about being NOLA’s stepchild.
+1

Just got an II. App never said under review or anything

What is the “round table discussion” section of the interview day like?

Last edited:
What is the “round table discussion” section of the interview day?
When I interviewed, it was just Dr. Thomas answering any other questions we had that didn't get asked during the Q&A with the M1s and M2s. Some people asked about the area/ community around the school, and what the living arrangements are like. Not sure if it's different for each interview day. There was also a info session with some people from Financial aid.

Last edited:
When I interviewed, it was just Dr. Thomas answering any other questions we had that didn't get asked during the Q&A with the M1s and M2s. Some people asked about the area/ community around the school, and what the living arrangements are like. Not sure if it's different for each interview day. There was also a info session with some people from Financial aid.
Thank you! So did it last the full 2.5 hours?

Waitlisted? If you have to take a gap year what will you do? LSU Health Shreveport now offers a 12 month, non-thesis MS in Medical Sciences that includes gross anatomy w cadaver lab, shadowing experiences on our campus, and many other features.
MS in Medical Sciences - LSU Health Shreveport
Begins May 23, 2022. If you are on the SOM waitlist and are ultimately accepted into medical school for Aug 2022, you will be released from the MS program.

I wholeheartedly agree.

To be fair, no need to criticize the school. It’s applying to medical school, it’s hard and doesn’t always workout. But they have been polite and cordial with every correspondence I’ve seen to my friends and I.

Appreciate that you had a good experience. However, not everyone will have an identical experience and not acknowledging that medical admissions processes are flawed in general by the state is misleading. People are allowed to express feelings without them being invalidated. Generalizing admissions experiences and saying “it’s hard” downplays the barriers and outside factors that go into receiving a rejection vs acceptance. Constructive criticism has nothing to do with being fair

Not gonna argue that there are flaws in the system, but phrases like “this school has a chip on their shoulder for being NOLAs stepchild” isn’t really conservative criticism. All the best for the rest of the cycle.

Restrict comments to those that are either informational or supportive of each other (preferably both).
Debates that can be generalized to many schools belong in the general forum, not the school-specific threads.
Sanctions will be issued for a continuation of this argument.

Last edited:
can someone in the fb group message or group me tell us how many students are in there please

• Hmm