2022-2023 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R received. I submitted my app on 08/16, and was complete/under review on 01/02

Members don't see this ad :)
just go the complete email I genuinely forgot about this school. Submitted mid September

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to those who got II. Seems like they are focusing on IS applicants. Submitted secondary on 10/24 and still haven’t received complete email. I’m an international applicant btw.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For those that have been accepted, how soon after the interview did you get a decision?

For those that have been accepted, how soon after the interview did you get a decision?
I got in 2 weeks, they call next week and will email if they can’t get to your file that week.some heard the next week itself.

I interviewed on Feb 10 and was placed on the Alternative List today. Does anyone know if this school has ranked waitlist?

Received an email today stating that my application is now complete and will be forwarded for review. Submitted the Secondary all the way back in first week of November.

Received an email today stating that my application is now complete and will be forwarded for review. Submitted the Secondary all the way back in first week of November.
Are you IS or OOS? I submitted secondary in October but haven’t received complete email from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got a complete email (complete October)-- they are really behind with processing applications lol. OOS

anyone knows the WL movement here?? Waitlisted back in Oct. Curious to know if they accept LOIs

Nothing is more disappointing than getting the “We did not get to review your application today” email. Guess another week of stress it is then.

During my interview I thought they said no WL movement until May 2nd but I may be wrong.
Interesting, because I got this email.

"Greetings from MU-COM.

I wanted to make you aware that we selected a few candidates off the alternate list today. This process can happen periodically through the spring semester but know the largest movement from the alternate list will begin on May 2, 2023."

Finally got the A call! Feel like I aged 10 years from stress. Congrats to a everyone else who got in. To those on the WL, good luck. Hope all ends well.

Got the A today! Interviewed 2/17/23. Has anyone started a GroupMe or anything like that? Good luck to everyone still waiting on an A, it'll happen!

Congratulations on the Acceptances. Is anyone still waiting for the complete email? I submitted secondary in October and haven’t received one.

Congratulations on the Acceptances. Is anyone still waiting for the complete email? I submitted secondary in October and haven’t received one.

Im currently in the same boat as you. Submitted late October. Radio silence so far

Never got the complete email but got an II so idk if they send it to everyone.

Does anyone have any input on the Masters? I got accepted but I’ve heard some negative reviews on it. My ultimate goal is to get into Marian.

Never got the complete email but got an II so idk if they send it to everyone.
Ok. Thanks for the info. May be they don’t send it to everyone then. It just seems like most late applicants received one. I applied last week of October.

Does anyone have any input on the Masters? I got accepted but I’ve heard some negative reviews on it. My ultimate goal is to get into Marian.

I completed the masters program 2019-2020. It is meant to be a med school lite program to show you can perform well in a med school-like environment. I have nothing bad to say. The teachers are amazing and you will develop study skills that will translate to med school. My LORs both came from teachers in the program. If you have a 497 MCAT and 3.5 GPA in the fall semester, and complete your application by December 1st, you will qualify for a guaranteed interview when you apply. It doesn’t have to be that year. A large amount of my classmates ended up getting into Marian and I will be starting in the fall.

I completed the masters program 2019-2020. It is meant to be a med school lite program to show you can perform well in a med school-like environment. I have nothing bad to say. The teachers are amazing and you will develop study skills that will translate to med school. My LORs both came from teachers in the program. If you have a 497 MCAT and 3.5 GPA in the fall semester, and complete your application by December 1st, you will qualify for a guaranteed interview when you apply. It doesn’t have to be that year. A large amount of my classmates ended up getting into Marian and I will be starting in the fall.
Hey! Thanks for replying! I saw a thread on SDN with lots of negative reviews that’s why i was hesitant on the masters program. Also, do you know if we can take different classes than what is planned for students? I know medical microbiology is a class in the program but I already took that and got an A.

What percentage of students matriculated to Marian, if you know? The website states a high number but that SDN thread mentioned that it’s a lie so idk 😫

What percentage of students matriculated to Marian, if you know? The website states a high number but that SDN thread mentioned that it’s a lie so idk 😫
In regards to the classes, those are set for the program. Even though you may have taken them before, its a nice refresher and it was a lot more info than I learned in micro during undergrad. The only variation is taking ethics or stats if you do the one year program. If you do the research track over 2 years you take less classes. As to how many students matriculate to Marian, I do not know exactly but I do know that probably 1/3 matriculated to Marian in the school year after the BMS program and a bunch more matriculated after. I know atleast 2 that were in the next year and I will start this fall. I would say atleast half of the BMS program matriculated to med school starting right after, quite a few people went to schools closer to home for them that wasn't Marian. Marian knows what it takes to succeed in the BMS program and knows that will make you a better student. I think doing the BMS program is the only reason I have gotten into 3 DO schools so far this cycle.

Complete email just now even though I submitted secondary in September LOL

Is the class full? I still have not heard anything from Marian after submitting secondary months ago.

Reactions: 2 users