2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was given the conditional for army last Monday. I am like 80% sure that I will commit but I have not accepted the offer on amcas yet. Can I still be a part of the facebook group or do you have to get your unconditional and fully commit?
Was that conditional based on medical or security?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's security because I am medically qualified based on dodmerb

Also I feel like these things go at their own pace, but how long was it till you received your unconditional after getting the conditional
I got my unconditional 5 days after getting my conditional

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know who to contact to receive a proof of employment/salary letter? Mostly for renting purposes
I sent my leasing office a copy of my unconditional acceptance letter and my anticipated salary based on what’s publicly available on the DoD website, but I’m pretty sure you can also ask for a letter from your admissions counselor!

Reactions: 1 user
Any waitlist movement recently? I was under the impression this school would have a lot of movement sigh

Anyone commissioning for army? In one of the documents it says bring your medical records but in the other document it says that civilian records are not needed. I technically don't have a primary care doctor right now since his practice dissolved recently so getting those records is challenging. Should I bring my records?

Any advice for applicants without any prior service or ROTC experience?
Is ROTC important for USU? From my understanding I thought your MCAT, GPA, Clinical, Shadowing, volunteering, etc. were much more important than ROTC. And that you should focus on those aspects over ROTC. Should I take it when I head to college this fall?

Hi all, is there a popular apartment complex near the school that a lot of students live at? It has been over a week since I requested to join the Facebook page and am still waiting. I am trying to plan my move soon. Thanks in advance!

Any waitlist movement recently? I was under the impression this school would have a lot of movement sigh
I talked to admissions recently to ask about waitlist movement because I finally had my medical waiver approved, but unfortunately, they told me that they were not expecting much more waitlist movement... I'm still hoping a few more of us may get off soon!

Last edited:
Is ROTC important for USU? From my understanding I thought your MCAT, GPA, Clinical, Shadowing, volunteering, etc. were much more important than ROTC. And that you should focus on those aspects over ROTC. Should I take it when I head to college this fall?
If you have ROTC experience it's a bonus, but it is not required. Most applicants to the school have no military experience or background.

Hi all, is there a popular apartment complex near the school that a lot of students live at? It has been over a week since I requested to join the Facebook page and am still waiting. I am trying to plan my move soon. Thanks in advance!
There have been some posting about possible roommates and living arrangements. If you still need the info I’ll DM you.

Hi! Applying for the 2023-2024 cycle, USUHS is my #1 choice. I was wondering if anyone didn't answer the COVID question?
Were there any significant disruptions in your academic/volunteer/work/personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider in reviewing your application?
I didn't have any significant disruptions during COVID-19.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi! Applying for the 2023-2024 cycle, USUHS is my #1 choice. I was wondering if anyone didn't answer the COVID question?
Were there any significant disruptions in your academic/volunteer/work/personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider in reviewing your application?
I didn't have any significant disruptions during COVID-19.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I left it blank for two years and didn't even get an interview. This year took the opportunity to tell another story and got the A!
So, use the space to talk about how you helped someone who was impacted or any new hobbies you picked up during lockdown or how it changed your views on the health system.

thank you so much!
I left it blank for two years and didn't even get an interview. This year took the opportunity to tell another story and got the A!
So, use the space to talk about how you helped someone who was impacted or any new hobbies you picked up during lockdown or how it changed your views on the health system.