2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haven't heard jack since 2022

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
should we start a support group?

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Excel sheet for hold status peeps? For updates. We can use our usernames here

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I just got my FA award offer today for anyone curious.

Officially half way to April 28th and all is quiet on the hold frontier…

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an A today! Now what am I to do!?!? Move my whole fam or stay home. Oregon heritage here

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got an A today! Now what am I to do!?!? Move my whole fam or stay home. Oregon heritage here
I'm a non-trad current student and am happy to chat with you if you want to weigh some pros and cons. DM me if that would be helpful.

I'm a non-trad current student and am happy to chat with you if you want to weigh some pros and cons. DM me if that would be helpful.
Thank you! I may take you up on that. Getting through the shock and adrenaline.

Hi Everyone,

I was accepted yesterday and I have a few general questions for current students/ others who have already been accepted.

1) Does anyone know how the scholarships work? in the interview, it seemed like they will basically reach out to you and let you know if you are awarded a scholarship based on your background and you don't have to apply to them. Or is there something I can start doing now to apply?

2) Are there any Facebook groups or forums for accepted students to discuss housing and roommate options? Also, for any current students, is there a consensus on the best place to look for housing that is particularly convenient/cheap for OHSU med students?

Thanks, and congrats to everyone with recent acceptances, and for everyone on hold don't give up!! This is my second time through the process and it requires far too much patience...

• Wow
Hi Everyone,

I was accepted yesterday and I have a few general questions for current students/ others who have already been accepted.

1) Does anyone know how the scholarships work? in the interview, it seemed like they will basically reach out to you and let you know if you are awarded a scholarship based on your background and you don't have to apply to them. Or is there something I can start doing now to apply?

2) Are there any Facebook groups or forums for accepted students to discuss housing and roommate options? Also, for any current students, is there a consensus on the best place to look for housing that is particularly convenient/cheap for OHSU med students?

Thanks, and congrats to everyone with recent acceptances, and for everyone on hold don't give up!! This is my second time through the process and it requires far too much patience...
Hi! Congrats! OHSU is awesome.

1. Hopefully another current student can answer this with more authority but I believe you are right. If you qualify, they will reach out to you. You'll have opportunities to apply for other scholarships once you are a current student.

2. The student admissions liaison will reach out to you with the Facebook link sometime in the coming weeks. There is a spreadsheet that will be shared to help with housing and roommates. Most first-years tend to live around the South Waterfront, as it is convenient for getting to class every day. People tend to move to other parts of town after first year. I wouldn't call the South Waterfront cheap but it's definitely where most people end up at first. Look at the Matisse, Osprey, Emory, and Douglas.

Happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to DM me. :)

I did not see anyone on hold get an A or R yet. There may be some movement tomorrow. Most decision this year have come out on Friday.

I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m just going to get rejected at this point.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I’m losing hope. I feel like I’m just going to get rejected at this point.
Let’s all hang in there. This is my only hold and potential A. 🙌🏻☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Care
I'm here with y'all. Interviewed 09/13 and hold on 12/09. It's been a long 7 months but I still have hope. :) Kudos to us for waiting this long!

• Care
I also got put on hold on 4/20. Interviewed 2/2. Hoping for the best for all of us next week!

• Care
It’s crazy that so far no one in the hold pool has posted about an acceptance. From last year’s thread at least a handful of people were accepted before the deadline.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s crazy that so far no one in the hold pool has posted about an acceptance. From last year’s thread at least a handful of people were accepted before the deadline.
Why would the school rush though? If they just wait a few extra days, they will get a free left foot.

• Haha
lol apparently I got the R on 4/7 but they didnt bother to email me about it, check your portals people!!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if notifications go out at a certain time on Friday?

laughs cage GIF

me, internally rn & for the last 5 months

wait, they're going out on Friday? i thought it was Monday
I thought since the deadline is April 30th (which is Sunday) info would go out the Friday before - at least that’s what they’ve done in previous years, but I’m not sure

I thought since the deadline is April 30th (which is Sunday) info would go out the Friday before - at least that’s what they’ve done in previous years, but I’m not sure
ah i must have misread the earlier thread. there was this message from bigpremedguy a little while ago:

"Ya, should be Friday before. I think 30th was Saturday my year and I got my decision around 1130am that Friday, first with a portal update then an email notifying me of that update 20-30 mins later or so"

I interviewed in December, was put on hold in 3/17/2023, and was accepted 4/24/2023. I wish the rest of you luck. Thank you forum users and lurkers for helping keep me sane (sane-ish) throughout this process.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OMFG!!!!!
A!!!!
Freedom from hold purgatory
Interviewed last week August
Hold Thanksgiving!
Late Birthday gift!

Oregon here I come!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users