2022-2023 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Marked complete on July 9th, and was told I was the second phone call of the cycle so far. I also applied for fmSTAT.
oh wow they called? congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
stupid question but would a "B-" be considered a low grade? it's the lowest grade i ever got and i feel like it's low but idk if they're talking about Cs and below :\

stupid question but would a "B-" be considered a low grade? it's the lowest grade i ever got and i feel like it's low but idk if they're talking about Cs and below :\
I personally wouldn't mention a B- for any question about low grades. If it's not specifically mentioned that they consider B- to be a low grade, then I wouldn't bring it up. Also generally those questions are for Cs and below

I personally wouldn't mention a B- for any question about low grades. If it's not specifically mentioned that they consider B- to be a low grade, then I wouldn't bring it up. Also generally those questions are for Cs and below
that's what i thought! also figured that it's better just not to bring attention to it anyways haha. thanks so much for your input!

Received secondary OOS. Verified today 7/19

This might be slightly neurotic, but how low of a gpa should be explained? I have a 3.78 cGPA but had a 3.2 freshmen year.
I wouldn’t draw attention to yourself. If they said something about discuss if you have an “upward trend”, but a cGPA of 3.78 shouldn’t be explained

I wouldn’t draw attention to yourself. If they said something about discuss if you have an “upward trend”, but a cGPA of 3.78 shouldn’t be explained
The way the prompt is worded, it sounds like they want you to explain why you got low grades during a time period especially if you got a C or less during that period. I would say that a 3.2 warrants a response. You can just frame it in a way that talks about why you got a 3.2 (poor study habits, bad health, etc.) and after that you got mostly As. Just my opinion.

The way the prompt is worded, it sounds like they want you to explain why you got low grades during a time period especially if you got a C or less during that period. I would say that a 3.2 warrants a response. You can just frame it in a way that talks about why you got a 3.2 (poor study habits, bad health, etc.) and after that you got mostly As. Just my opinion.
I agree, I didn’t necessarily go back and read the wording like I should have, so I agree, during that time period, it warrants a response

Hey all, for the pre-requisite part where we drag courses into the respective categories, should I drag ALL courses that apply, or just the minimum? Thank you in advance for your help :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally only did the minimum, but idk
I did the minimum + a higher level course for pre-reqs I filled with AP credit. I think the idea is just to make it as easy as possible for adcoms to see you meet their standards.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else having trouble paying the fee? I tried both on my laptop on the phone and the link doesn't take me anywhere :/

If not addressed in your application, what are you currently doing now?
How are y'all approaching this question? Most of my current gap year activities are just the continuation of what I addressed in my application, with a couple of new activities that I have just started or scheduled to start next month. Is it safe to talk briefly about everything I am doing or should I only talk about the new experiences?

How are y'all approaching this question? Most of my current gap year activities are just the continuation of what I addressed in my application, with a couple of new activities that I have just started or scheduled to start next month. Is it safe to talk briefly about everything I am doing or should I only talk about the new experiences?
I'm on my second gap year and all of my current activities are a continuation of the activities I've been doing during my first gap year and that I already addressed on my primary. I discussed them all again and a little about how they were contributing to my preparation for entering medical school.

I'm on my second gap year and all of my current activities are a continuation of the activities I've been doing during my first gap year and that I already addressed on my primary. I discussed them all again and a little about how they were contributing to my preparation for entering medical school.
Thanks for the help! I think I would do the same and discuss each activity briefly as this is what I did for the other schools.

Hello,
I took my MCAT twice and and for my second attempt, I dropped 2 points. Is it worth mentioning this on the secondary prompt where it talks about "Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application"? Thanks

Hello,
I took my MCAT twice and and for my second attempt, I dropped 2 points. Is it worth mentioning this on the secondary prompt where it talks about "Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application"? Thanks
No. Lapses means periods when you were not in school and then returned to school.

To those of you who are 'complete,' did you have to have your CASPer score to be considered?

For the poor grades question, should you explain any Ws as well?

Anyone receive an II and was complete on or after 7/17?

Is it too late to apply for this college? In late July or early Aug should still be OK? I feel I need to apply to couple more colleges since my initial list was not that great, plus considering how my secondaries are going.
They do not practice rolling admissions like some other schools, so I would say you can still apply

Just some stuff I did for ppl curious.
1. Poor grades question. I just talked in general about poor undergrad performance. I am a non-trad and attended post bac years later. Just talked about how I was immature and had poor study habits at the time as well as did not take study as seriously as I should have. Then pointed to my post bac GPA as indicator of my current academic ability. IF you have something negative like this be sure to try and bring a positive.
2. For first question I find it best to stick with a COVID issue, be sure to also stick to ONE particular challenge you faced. I talked about losing my job essentially and the consequences of that. Then just went into talk about issues others faced due to COVID.
3. keep it short an sweet for the more "optional ones" as someone stated earlier, was told adcoms time is precious and they appreciate it if you do not waste it.

Received an interview invite today. Complete 7/5

Reactions: 6 users
Is there any pattern to their interview invites? Like only send them out once a week, etc.

Is anybody else still waiting for a secondary from them? I was put on hold on 6/27 because I hadn't received my MCAT score yet, but they got my MCAT score over 2 weeks ago and still not off hold with them.

Anyone revived IS interviews yet?

II received! OOS (but grew up in VA), complete 07/09, LM 63

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
IS, secondary completed 7/11. Crying 🥲. MCAT 509, gpa 3.3 (critical care RN 3 years). *some research*

Ahh complete on 7/17 but my casper score wasn’t reported until 7/21. I hope they didn’t wait until it was submitted. This is my top choice, desperate for an II here!