2022-2023 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @Seahawk14 for sharing this year's questions-

2022-2023 Washington State Secondary Essay Prompts

1. How will you contribute to the mission and vision of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine? Support your response with your experiences and/or attributes. (300 words)

2. What experiences have you had with rural and/or underserved communities/populations? What have you learned from these experiences? (300 words)

3. Describe your connections to Washington communities and your interests in practicing medicine in Washington. (300 words)

4. How have you built your resilience? (300 words)

5. Learning from others is enhanced in educational settings that include individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Please describe your personal characteristics or experiences that would add to the educational environment for your classmates. (300 words)

6. If you are a re-applicant to WSU College of Medicine, describe what you have done since last applying to strengthen your candidacy for our medical school. If you are not a re-applicant to the College of Medicine, please leave blank. (300 words)

7. Please share any disruptions in your academic/volunteer/work/personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (Optional) (300 words)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take for residency to be verified? Is there an estimate? Trying to decide at what point I should reach out to admissions.

Has anyone else not even received the residency verification? My AMCAS was verified on 7/13

Just wanted to come on and say I got an II a few days ago! Was complete end of June:)

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who already received the secondary; are the prompts the same as last year’s?

For those of you who already received the secondary; are the prompts the same as last year’s?
Not sure what last years were but here are the prompts. @wysdoc

1. How will you contribute to the mission and vision of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine? Support your response with your experiences and/or attributes. (300 words)

2. What experiences have you had with rural and/or underserved communities/populations? What have you learned from these experiences? (300 words)

3. Describe your connections to Washington communities and your interests in practicing medicine in Washington. (300 words)

4. How have you built your resilience? (300 words)

5. Learning from others is enhanced in educational settings that include individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Please describe your personal characteristics or experiences that would add to the educational environment for your classmates. (300 words)

6. If you are a re-applicant to WSU College of Medicine, describe what you have done since last applying to strengthen your candidacy for our medical school. If you are not a re-applicant to the College of Medicine, please leave blank. (300 words)

7. Please share any disruptions in your academic/volunteer/work/personal life related to COVID-19 that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider. (Optional) (300 words)

Reactions: 1 user
Should I reach out to admissions? I was verified on 07/14 and haven’t even received an email about residency verification yet.

Should I reach out to admissions? I was verified on 07/14 and haven’t even received an email about residency verification yet.
I am IS and never received a residency verification prior to secondary submission or II. Are you OOS?

I am IS and never received a residency verification prior to secondary submission or II. Are you OOS?
I am IS. Looks like they need all LORs to be in and I’m still waiting on one of my writers to submit theirs, so that must the the reason for my delay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how OOS friendly this school is.
They are not. To get a secondary you need 3 out of 4 of these ties:
  1. Born in Washington
  2. Childhood address in Washington as indicated on AMCAS
  3. Graduated from a Washington high school
  4. Parent/guardian currently lives in Washington

Anyone got an II's? Submitted 7/29 and haven't heard anything.

Anyone else still under review? It’s been a few weeks for me

IS II today! Submitted 7/30.

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to anyone that has received an interview. I was looking around the WSU College of Medicine’s website and come across some tips from current students from the CougDoc Applicant Mock Interview (CAMI) Project. The file will be included in this post as an attachment.

Also a doctor on YouTube called Dr. Ryan Gray through his YouTube channel called Medical School HQ has a playlist of 11 videos in regards to medical school interviews. I have used his advice to craft my work and activities section, personal statement, and secondary essays. I hope to continue using his advice for medical school interviews if I am fortunate enough to receive some.

Attachments

• CAMI-Project-Interview-Tips-V1.pdf
    264 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: 3 users
so far the last II waves have been two weeks apart. Hopefully we will see more II released on 9/28. I am getting a little anxious. Radio silence submitted 7/16

Reactions: 4 users
submitted 8/4 and have not heard anything since...hopefully we get some II this week

• Care
II hot off the press! Complete near end of August

Last edited:
  • Love
II, fresh out the oven. 2nd completed near end of August.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if they’re going in chronological order from time of completion….

Looks like the 2 week schedule holds. Sad I didn‘t get a II complete July.

Last edited:
Has anyone received a pre-ii rejection yet?
I've been under review since early July. Expecting an R at this point since people who submitted way after me are getting interviewed.

its seems like in the past they have invited people that submitted july/august later on in october too but idk if this is a pre-covid thing....i'm still worried that I could be getting an R at this point

last year, i had a friend who submitted in july but then they interviewed in february. don't stress y'all

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone got resources to prep for the interview, like questions that were asked in previous years?

Anyone got resources to prep for the interview, like questions that were asked in previous years?
No you sign an NDA at the start of the interview so people can't share previous years' questions

Reactions: 1 users
So there have been no A/R's sent out at all at this point?