2022-2023 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Probably... that happened last year too during this week of acceptances. If that's the case, we should get an email next week with our standing.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably... that happened last year too during this week of acceptances. If that's the case, we should get an email next week with our standing.
I think they only update you once per cycle with your status. I don’t expect to get another email from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea of how many people they accept vs. waitlist of those that they deem "Eligible"?

I wonder if they have done calls already this week/last week and just the people who got accepted don’t use this forum?

Oh I don’t like this take at all

Id prefer to believe they haven’t called yet this month and they are waiting to call me on Monday

Reactions: 2 users
Good morning, WSU adcoms

My phone is now on and ready to receive calls. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Robocat

ps: please, please call me

Reactions: 3 users
Good morning, WSU adcoms

My phone is now on and ready to receive emails. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

No II gang

ps: i miss u </3

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Good morning, WSU adcoms

My phone is now on and ready to receive emails. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

No II gang

ps: i miss u </3
I would like any communication at this point, even if it’s an R. Radio silence since my app was complete :((

• Care
Goddamnit WSU I told you my phone was ON

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know what came over me last night, WSU. I guess I was mad thinking you ghosted me, but I know that can’t be true.

Please call me. We can work this out.

Reactions: 9 users
During the podcast that Dr. Harrison participated in a few years back, she mentioned that what WSU COM is looking for is right on their website and that she wants applicants to reflect as to what they got out of an experience. They don't want an application with just facts in it but one that includes reflection in it as that reflection is where maturity is demonstrated. Dr. Ryan Gray from the youtube channel Medical School HQ has a series called Application Renovation. In that series, Dr. Gray advocates for applicants to use stories instead of stating facts as we as human beings communicate and build a connection with each other through stories and shared experiences. After I had submitted my primary and secondary applications, I felt that I understood myself better as I tried to reflect what I got out of each experience that I put down in my application.

MS2 at WSU here. My brief experiences and overall impression of Dr. Harrison is that everything you said is true. This school is a rare exception to the whole “holistic review” thing. Whereas, I do believe they do that here.

I know it’s too late for you all, but for anyone who views this forum for the following years definitely take this to heart. Don’t just state what you are, let the admissions folks know *who* you are. I too used a lot of the resources from Dr. Gray (PreMed Years podcast, personal statement book, etc.) and found them very helpful. Ended up with this and one other (DO) acceptance. I am definitely NOT a stellar applicant. WSU definitely puts their A’s where their rhetoric is.

Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?

Not sure if this has been answered yet. Things are a bit different this year. They keep changing things (grr). Now we’re on a fairly consistent 1 per month exam block. Only they don’t call them exams now. They call them “Monthly Knowledge Check’s”…because that makes it so much better. :)

They’re also playing around with grading, anatomy pin tests, etc. I’m not sure exactly how it’s working for the MS1s, but for we MS2s they lump all exams and pin tests into a pool. These are supposedly weighted by question amount) You have to get over 70% to pass the term. If you don’t, then you remediate or something. All exams have to be over 70% too. So you can’t get a 50% on two and then a 100% on one (for example).

Hey all. MS2 here. Just answered a couple of things that were posted earlier in the thread. I’ll be checking in over the next couple of weeks while we’re on winter break. If you have any questions, please tag me in a question and I’ll do my best. I also answered a number of questions last year. So go check out last years thread to see what I said.

As others have said, NDA on the interview questions. And, to be honest, I can’t remember a single thing they asked me. I assume they asked my name at some point but I’m not sure. Best advice for interviews is to know your application, especially your secondaries and essays. The admins want to know who you are as a person and why you and WSU are a good fit. Go through the school Mission/Values statements. Think about those and how they relate to you, as well as how you see yourself fitting into them. You won’t fit all. But what resonates? Be calm, relaxed as best you can, and listen. Make it clear you are listening. We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Listen twice as much as you speak. This is more of a personal thing, so YMMV.

For those pre/post-II: Focus on what you can control. You cannot change if/when they call you. Live your life as best you can until that time.

Can’t believe I interviewed in august and still no reply :”)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Can’t believe I interviewed in august and still no reply :”)
Oh wow that really sucks, I think it would be reasonable to reach out to them honestly because it seems like everyone else has gotten some sort of decision whether WL or acceptable range

Reactions: 1 user
Lol my bad I said that wrong - they gave me a status update that I’m eligible but ever since then nothing

Has anyone who interviewed November 14th heard back on their status yet?

Omg I just got a call to schedule a zoom meeting with the dean! When I asked what it was for she said “the dean would like to follow up on your interview experience” what does this mean 😭😭 should I be happy or sad

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Omg I just got a call to schedule a zoom meeting with the dean! When I asked what it was for she said “the dean would like to follow up on your interview experience” what does this mean 😭😭 should I be happy or sad
It's an A!!! Congrats, future doc!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Just got a II! Are they still interviewing for spots or the waitlist?

• Love
Congratulations!! That's amazing!

got a call earlier today too!!! :') cried for 20 minutes straight

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else not receive any update today? I got a SUC about a month ago but didn’t received an update of any kind today

Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thank you!! I wasn't complete until super super late, mid-November. I apparently got the secondary day after I was verified on June 24th but it went to my junk email! I thought I didn't even get the secondary.

Did anyone else not receive any update today? I got a SUC about a month ago but didn’t received an update of any kind today

Yeah no call for me- was deemed “eligible” after the interview but no A yet

Does anyone know WSU's post-interview acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 users