2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone, I have a bedroom fully furnished at ivy row for this coming school year 2023-2024 with fellow WCUCOM males 4 bedroom 4 bath for $670. Everything is included (electricity, gas, water, trash) and it comes fully furnished brand new. Please DM asap. Posting for a friend.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I have a 2 bedroom apartment available for anyone that needs housing. It is located in Ivy row, this is a female only housing. Please message me if you have anymore questions and are interested. Feel free to ask anything :) good luck

y'all, I'm so behind :cryi: where y'all getting your white coats and scrubs from? pls advise
I got mine last year from Scubs N more in Hattiesburg. I was able to get my scrubs & white coat embroidered + have the school patch sewn on for a decent price (can't remember what it was but the school gave us a discount). See if they're offering the same deal for y'all this year.

What are popular apartment complexes for Hattiesburg? Looking for last minute options and want to live alone.

What are popular apartment complexes for Hattiesburg? Looking for last minute options and want to live alone.
sometime early spring they’ll send out a list of housing options available through the school as well as a list of reccomended apartment complexes! they’ll also create an official accepted student facebook where you’ll be able to get in touch with folks looking for roommates. LOTS of folks in my class found their roommates there! if you wanna start getting an idea of what’s out there / price range, here’s some places where a lot of Carey folks live! obviously folks live other places but most folks live in the apartment complexes in and around west hattiesburg.

-The Met
-Breckenridge Apartments
-The Chelsea
-Cross Creek
-Parkwest Apartments
Been answered a ton in this forum!

Reactions: 1 user
if anyone just got accepted and planning to go to WCUCOM, please lmk if you are looking for housing! I have some apartment units that I like in Eagle Flats and reserve at long point.

I got an interview. Invite last week. Said they were interviewing 15 more. I’m already committed elsewhere but very interesting late cycle offer.

Reactions: 1 user
@Ellesandra319 does the curriculum pick up quick once classes start in august? or were you eased into it?
so last year we had 2 days of orientation and lecture material "due" that week. We didn't have exams for 3ish weeks after classes started though so that was really nice! word on the street is your orientation is going to be longer so I feel like that will definitely ease you into it as I can't imagine they would have lecture material for you that week!

so last year we had 2 days of orientation and lecture material "due" that week. We didn't have exams for 3ish weeks after classes started though so that was really nice! word on the street is your orientation is going to be longer so I feel like that will definitely ease you into it as I can't imagine they would have lecture material for you that week!
Thanks! And can you expand on your experience last year? Was it a rough start?

Thanks! And can you expand on your experience last year? Was it a rough start?
obviously in comparison with the rest of the year it was definitely in retrospect the easiest time academically, but its also one of the hardest times because you're adjusting to the heightened course load and proverbially "drinking from a firehose." but not having exams for a few weeks definitely helps and I'd just encourage you to set up good routines and not get behind from the get go! how difficult the adjustment period is for you will depend on your previous experiences, but just trust yourself and the process and you'll adapt quickly!

i have a unit i’d like to sublease from ivy row! please message me if you’re interested. you’d bypass the ivy row waitlist and get my spot directly

Does anyone know the discord server or have the link for it? I tried joining using one already posted and couldn’t access it.

Any current students that were on the alt list.....how long were you on it? Been on it about a week.....Anxiety is killing me lol