2022-2023 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Glad to see that the list is moving. Can’t wait to get off the list and join you all 🙂

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you need to get all 3 pairs of your scrubs embroidered?

Does anyone know if you need to get all 3 pairs of your scrubs embroidered?
you need to have any scrub top you wear outside of anatomy lab embroidered with your name and the emblem. i would reccomend getting max 3 shirts done! should be more than enough!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@Ellesandra319 do guys and girls have to be shirtless during OMM?
unless you have a religious exemption or some other approved accommodation, guys are required to be shirtless + athletic shorts and girls are required to be in sports bras + athletic shorts or biker shorts. important to note though you come to OPP lab with those items *underneath* your school scrubs, and only remove your scrubs when it’s time to practice! (usually there’s 10-20 minutes of lecture / review before you actually practice in OPP lab)

Reactions: 3 users
This plus each course's syllabus will have its remediation plan outlined. Definitely don't worry about needing to remediate things before you even start!!
^^this!!! and they’ll give you the scary talk at orientation with all the details hahahaha the short story is: you get lots of chances. if you’re struggling, ask for help!

• Love
Do students at WCUCOM usually take both step 1 and COMLEX or just COMLEX?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
#6 on waitlist on monday 6/5 and accepted today! will be attending! could someone please pm the gc link? i’m so excited to meet everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
@NOLADO84 can I ask how much you spent on tuition+living expenses for all 4 years? I understand if you dont wanna answer.

@Ellesandra319 Hey! Not sure if this was asked but do you think WCUCOM's yearly student budget of 70k (tuition+living+misc) is accurate?
is yours 70K? or are you estimating because our 2nd year budget is higher and our first year budget was higher than 70K. but either way yes i felt like it was more than enough. i personally lived in a more expensive city on a 35K/year pre-tax salary for many years, so maybe i was just used to that, but yeah 44K a year with no taxes coming out was more than enough!

i know people have different thoughts on this, but I do suggested either taking out the max if you’re on your own financially like me, or being a little generous with your budget if you’re not gonna take the max, because you don’t wanna be in a position where you run out of money in say november or april! but that’s just my opinion!

Our budget is $87,500? Where are you seeing 70k?
ahhh perfect that sounds about right! 44-46K of that should be tuition and the rest (87.5k-46k) is the max you can loan for living expenses (at least for federal loans, can’t speak for private). that will come in 2 disbursements (one in late august and one in january).

How many pairs of scrubs would you guys say is enough? 2 regular pairs and 1 cheaper pair for anatomy?

How many pairs of scrubs would you guys say is enough? 2 regular pairs and 1 cheaper pair for anatomy?
3 shirts
2 pants (maybe 3)
2 pairs for anatomy just in case!

you’ll collect more as the years go on!

Anyone know if we can buy Patagonia’s and get them embroidered at scrubs n more 👀

Anyone know if we can buy Patagonia’s and get them embroidered at scrubs n more 👀
Probs wouldn't do this. I have on good authority one of the clubs is gonna be doing personalized Patagucci this fall and it'll be cheaper to purchase through the club!

gave up my spot today but unfortunately i already had housing arranged so if anybody is looking for housing at ivy row in a female unit please message me!

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does anyone know if they are officially done interviewing? I've seen in past threads they have sent a few II in June, but this cycle also seemed more competitive than previous ones so I wasn't sure...

Sorry if this is a dumb question but does anyone know if they are officially done interviewing? I've seen in past threads they have sent a few II in June, but this cycle also seemed more competitive than previous ones so I wasn't sure...
When I asked 2 weeks ago for my alternate list rank, they said they stopped interviewing applicants. That could change though depending on how fast waitlist movement is. I’m pretty sure they will move onto the deferred list next before interviewing more applicants. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! I was just accepted, is there a GroupMe and/or Facebook group to join?

Just placed on alternative list! Hopefully acceptance is around the corner!

• Love
For OOS/internationals, are you buying a car or bringing your current one?

For OOS/internationals, are you buying a car or bringing your current one?
Bringing my current one, lease ends next year and I can’t buy it out so gonna save as much as possible to purchase one next year.

Bringing my current one, lease ends next year and I can’t buy it out so gonna save as much as possible to purchase one next year.
What’s the market like in America right now? All used cars prices are inflated in Canada and waitlists for new cars