2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
florida schools today:
E-xJUoZVcAMu25S.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
acceptance call received! interviewed early september

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
2nd Acceptance today!!! Truly amazing how God has delivered. Trust God and have faith yall!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
First acceptance, very happy! Now I can sleep peacefully at night (somewhat)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
First Acceptance this morning!! OOS, LM 70. So thrilled. Interviewed 10/04. Guess the first date went well ;)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My first acceptance too! So relieved, I can finally relax!!! 🤞

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
for those who already did the interviews, how were they? were the questions casual (about you/your app) or more about ethics/healthcare issues?

Last edited:
for those who already did the interviews, how were they? were the questions casual (about you/your app) or more about ethics/healthcare issues?
A mix of both, a couple of "tell me about a time..." behavioral questions for each interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like a question potentially on a lot of people’s minds is relevant to a recent Reddit post regarding FIU’s high attrition rate and that it “runs like a Caribbean school”,, do you feel like those comments have any truth to them?
I'm also a current M4 - I'll make a few comments. First, I don't think the attrition rate at FIU is particularly high, it is just not widely known that many medical schools have a few students held back each year. As pre-meds, everyone tells you that you "just need to get in". That is not true. Medical school is challenging! However, it is certainly doable. You all have everything within you that you need to succeed. However, I also think the recent changes to FIU's grading and curriculum will probably reduce the number of students held back, as well as Step 1 going pass/fail.

As for running like a Caribbean school, I find this to be baseless and generally just intended as a dig. I personally feel that I received a very strong education, and even on my away rotations feel that I was better prepared than some of my peers. Remember that every story has bias, the Reddit post included.

If you have any specific questions, I am happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Reactions: 10 users
Can anyone tell me what the interview experience was like? Sorry if this was asked before, I would just like to know if it was chill/casual or if was more intense with ethical/healthcare issue questions? How do you think I should prepare for it? thank you!

Can anyone tell me what the interview experience was like? Sorry if this was asked before, I would just like to know if it was chill/casual or if was more intense with ethical/healthcare issue questions? How do you think I should prepare for it? thank you!
Mostly conversational and ‘tell me about yourself’ type questions. A few behavioral type questions thrown in, but certainly not the toughest I have faced on the interview trail. Take a deep breath and believe in yourself and you will do well. Best of luck!

IS RD and still no II. When should I start getting nervous?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else nervous for tomorrow's release? Im really hoping they really do it tomorrow so Im not waiting for nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
How many questions did each interviewer ask? Were the content of questions different between interviewer?

How many questions did each interviewer ask? Were the content of questions different between interviewer?
4-6 questions each. The content of the questions is different between interviewers but they are designed to evaluate the same attributes.

For those who were accepted - how many service hours did you all have in total?

Reactions: 1 user
is fiu gaining baptist facilities as a primary teaching hospital for students or will M3s as of right now still have to rotate around multiple clinical sites? randomly saw it on the news. i know theyre building a hospital with baptist on fiu grounds, but idk if that's the transition they were talking about

Reactions: 1 users