2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have an idea based on previous months' interview schedules potentially how many interview dates there will be available for April 2024?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the probability of being transferred to the Knoxville Campus after being placed in the Harrogate Campus?

Hi! Congrats to those who have gotten the A! If anyone whose been accepted is willing to be transparent (because it helps those who are still waiting to hear back) can you please share your stats/ experiences? Thanks 🥺
I gotcha. cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.8. MCAT 498-496 (lower second take, oops). ORM & in-state. I am a non traditional career changer. I have a very unique application with many other strengths (10 years with one employer, promoted 5 times and now run 3 states for the company overseeing 100+ employees). Unique hobbies such as musical theatre and scuba diving instructor. Single mom and LGBT. Good writer and I got stellar LORs. I was accepted very early in the cycle. I did indicate DCOM as my top choice in my interview, and I sent a letter of intent after my interview. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the probability of being transferred to the Knoxville Campus after being placed in the Harrogate Campus?
Idk if true, but someone in the accepted students group said that if you're accepted prior to around April, you are very likely to get your choice of campus. After it's hit or miss. Someone in the group was moved from Harrogate to Knoxville this week.

Reactions: 1 users
I gotcha. cGPA 3.7, sGPA 3.8. MCAT 498-496 (lower second take, oops). ORM & in-state. I am a non traditional career changer. I have a very unique application with many other strengths (10 years with one employer, promoted 5 times and now run 3 states for the company overseeing 100+ employees). Unique hobbies such as musical theatre and scuba diving instructor. Single mom and LGBT. Good writer and I got stellar LORs. I was accepted very early in the cycle. I did indicate DCOM as my top choice in my interview, and I sent a letter of intent after my interview. Good luck!
Congrats! Quick question, when you sent your LOI did you just send it to their admissions email? And how long after did you send it specifically, the Monday after it assuming it was a Friday interview?

Congrats!

Is it okay to send the letter of intent before II? Or is that frowned upon by schools?

Congrats! Quick question, when you sent your LOI did you just send it to their admissions email? And how long after did you send it specifically, the Monday after it assuming it was a Friday interview?
I sent it to Robin Mace in admissions. And yes, I sent it the Monday after my Friday interview. I sent thank you emails to my interviewers that Friday.

Congrats!

Is it okay to send the letter of intent before II? Or is that frowned upon by schools?
This is just my opinion and what worked for me:

Letter of Interest/Update Letter: These can be sent at any time in the application cycle. However, the general consensus is that they don't hold much weight, unless you have a very significant and positive update to include.

Letter of Intent: You are commiting to attend this specific school if you are accepted. Everyone will tell you that you should not send a letter of intent until after you interview at the school. However, I personally don't agree, under certain circumstances. I'm not the kind of person to hedge. If I know something/some place is right for me, I'm not going to "play the game" and pretend it's not. As you probably remember, LUM DCOM has an open secondary prompt that allows you to express anything additional you want the adcoms to know. I used that space to write a "Why LMU DCOM" essay, and I included in that essay that it was my top choice, and I would commit to attend if I was accepted. So you could say that I actually sent a letter of intent pre interview, within my secondary application. It worked for me. I got an interview soon after and was accepted extremely early in the cycle to my top choice DO school. I did also send the official letter of intent a few days after my interview.

The only other consideration at this point in the cycle is that it could come off as desperation rather than genuine intent/interest in the school. If LMU DCOM was truly your first choice and you would commit to attend if offered, then why wouldn't that be more apparent earlier in the cycle? If you are a good writer and think you can pull it off in a genuine way, I think it would be worth it at this point. Assuming you don't have another acceptance, you don't have anything to lose.

Reactions: 1 users
This is just my opinion and what worked for me:

Letter of Interest/Update Letter: These can be sent at any time in the application cycle. However, the general consensus is that they don't hold much weight, unless you have a very significant and positive update to include.

Letter of Intent: You are commiting to attend this specific school if you are accepted. Everyone will tell you that you should not send a letter of intent until after you interview at the school. However, I personally don't agree, under certain circumstances. I'm not the kind of person to hedge. If I know something/some place is right for me, I'm not going to "play the game" and pretend it's not. As you probably remember, LUM DCOM has an open secondary prompt that allows you to express anything additional you want the adcoms to know. I used that space to write a "Why LMU DCOM" essay, and I included in that essay that it was my top choice, and I would commit to attend if I was accepted. So you could say that I actually sent a letter of intent pre interview, within my secondary application. It worked for me. I got an interview soon after and was accepted extremely early in the cycle to my top choice DO school. I did also send the official letter of intent a few days after my interview.

The only other consideration at this point in the cycle is that it could come off as desperation rather than genuine intent/interest in the school. If LMU DCOM was truly your first choice and you would commit to attend if offered, then why wouldn't that be more apparent earlier in the cycle? If you are a good writer and think you can pull it off in a genuine way, I think it would be worth it at this point. Assuming you don't have another acceptance, you don't have anything to lose.
Sounds great, thank you for sharing that insight!

Idk if true, but someone in the accepted students group said that if you're accepted prior to around April, you are very likely to get your choice of campus. After it's hit or miss. Someone in the group was moved from Harrogate to Knoxville this week.
I have high hopes!!!

For anyone who interviewed, how does the three interview group sessions work? Is it like, you are randomly put into one session, but then during the other two sessions you just go to the main room and "chill" and interact with others or something?

For anyone who interviewed, how does the three interview group sessions work? Is it like, you are randomly put into one session, but then during the other two sessions you just go to the main room and "chill" and interact with others or something?
So for mine we were put into a huge zoom of 60+ people and then when it was time I got put into a breakout room. I was the first group so I went right away and was able to log off at 10:35... If you are the 2nd etc group you sit in the main room and chat with whatever presenter is in there answering questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting off the campus preference waitlist for Knoxville? I was accepted but placed at Harrogate. Also, is there an accepted students chat? I was only added to the Teams.

So for mine we were put into a huge zoom of 60+ people and then when it was time I got put into a breakout room. I was the first group so I went right away and was able to log off at 10:35... If you are the 2nd etc group you sit in the main room and chat with whatever presenter is in there answering questions.
Thanks so much! Hopefully I can be in the first group and get it over with lol.

If you don't mind me asking how did you feel the interview was? Were the questions tough or pretty simple and similar to what's on SDN's LMU-DCOM page? I'm also not sure how a group interview will work (first time I've been in one), is it conversational or did it feel intimidating?

Thanks so much! Hopefully I can be in the first group and get it over with lol.

If you don't mind me asking how did you feel the interview was? Were the questions tough or pretty simple and similar to what's on SDN's LMU-DCOM page? I'm also not sure how a group interview will work (first time I've been in one), is it conversational or did it feel intimidating?
you can message me :) happy to answer these

Does anyone know the likelihood of getting off the campus preference waitlist for Knoxville? I was accepted but placed at Harrogate. Also, is there an accepted students chat? I was only added to the Teams.
You're invited to my new group 'Knoxville LMUDCOM Class of 28’ 🥼' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

There’s one for harrogate too!

For interviews, is there an option you have in terms of dates you can choose from or do they simply let you know?

Anyone hear anything yet from the 03/15 interview day?

Do you guys think that the 70 number is actual matriculants or total called off regardless if the students chose to accept the offer.

But like half of the people dropped their seats I bet for another school. Usually, schools accept double the number of applicants throughout the cycle to compensate for the loss of matriculants. I feel being in the waitlist is another way of saying "you will get accepted until the last month" it's good in a way where I do not have to chuck out a deposit fee right away but bad in a way because of uncertainty.

Yeah, you're in one main lobby and then they do the breakout groups where you go into a separate room with your 2 interviewers and 2 other applicants. It's a really chill interview. In my interview they asked what I liked to do outside of studying and what I would do if I failed an exam. I know they asked another question but I can't remember because it was like a year and a half ago at this point.

Idk if this is 100% true but someone in the accepted groupchat said that most students get their campus choice if they're accepted by April-ish. I only have the groupchat for Knoxville. There's one for Harrogate too I think but you'll have to get that from someone else.

Idk if this is 100% true but someone in the accepted groupchat said that most students get their campus choice if they're accepted by April-ish. I only have the groupchat for Knoxville. There's one for Harrogate too I think but you'll have to get that from someone else.
Thank you for this! I’m in that chat too. Still need to get in Harrogate chat. I messaged Jennifer R. this morning and she said there’s no timeline for campus waitlist movement, sadly. I hope I get some more info soon and am moved my May the latest.

Worried that I'm interviewing for an automatic WL or R this Friday. I know it's late in the cycle. Hoping for the best though

anyone / current student know who " Hollow Knight" is as there is bashing of the school on here by him/her?
can a current student comment on rotation experience by their upperclassmen??
Thanks

anyone / current student know who " Hollow Knight" is as there is bashing of the school on here by him/her?
can a current student comment on rotation experience by their upperclassmen??
Thanks
there is a user both on reddit and SDN that always has a lot to say and I had a current student DM me on reddit explaining that the student was just a salty student wanting to bash the school for issues that many other schools may well have

Just got the A call! Interviewed 3/15

Reactions: 3 users
hey everyone! 2 questions. if i submit my deposit soon, how likely are my chances of gettting knoxville? Also, am I allowed to submit my deposit here while already having submitted one elsewhere? someone said it's acceptable until April 30