2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nah @SR2001 @PossibleFutureD but I will say you guys will either get accepted or waitlisted. I am pretty hopeful! Stay alert I feel sometime this week we will get the decisions.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How does campus selection work/is it competitive to get the campus you want?

I noticed on Medical School Statistics – Admit.org (which uses their real data) that out of 1,016 interviews conducted they send 940 acceptances that include the waitlist which runs until July. This is a 93% post-interview acceptance rate. Seems like mostly everyone from the waitlist eventually gets an A... Can anyone confirm this data?

• Wow
I noticed on Medical School Statistics – Admit.org (which uses their real data) that out of 1,016 interviews conducted they send 940 acceptances that include the waitlist which runs until July. This is a 93% post-interview acceptance rate. Seems like mostly everyone from the waitlist eventually gets an A... Can anyone confirm this data?
I’ve just heard that the WL is very fluid here

93%?? Dang that's even higher than I thought. I remember a post from a previous year's thread saying it was like 79.50%, which is still high. Granted, the info in that was from like 2018.

LMU might have the most students out of all the medical schools in the US. (450 seats) to me is insane lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah ^^ I do not think the waitlist is piling up, They still are accepting its a ratio of how many they accept/reject/waitlist regardless of how many seats are open or filled. This makes it easier for them to pull people off the waitlist.

for example: 30 interview--> 10 accepted/10 rejected/10 waitlisted, 5 accepted drop their seats then the 5 on waitlist get the opportunity when the waitlist opens.

But it does not seem anyone is getting rejected post interview unless it is just not getting reported. Do they just heavily screen pre-interview as a way to reject applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know until when LMU DCOM is interviewing

LMU might have the most students out of all the medical schools in the US. (450 seats) to me is insane lol.
Well its between two campuses I think, so 225 ish per campus makes sense to me.

@futuredocro Its still pretty surreal that this school has that many seats despite the two campuses. 450 medical students, need to dig into the attrition rates for some of these schools.

Weird. I only see past posts that most people get the campus they prefer.
Most people accepted in June and July were basically told they were going to Harrogate campus, no option to pick what campus in their acceptance email

Nah but if they just got back 03/01 I would wait either for this friday or after spring break lol

• Okay...
Harrogate or Knoxville its still a great school to matriculate to.

Did anyone hear anything guys? 3/8 Interview

Hi! Congrats to those who have gotten the A! If anyone whose been accepted is willing to be transparent (because it helps those who are still waiting to hear back) can you please share your stats/ experiences? Thanks 🥺

@futuredocro Its still pretty surreal that this school has that many seats despite the two campuses. 450 medical students, need to dig into the attrition rates for some of these schools.

It’s really not that surreal. That’s pretty typical class size per campus for a DO school. KCU-COM does the same thing with 433 students between their KC campus and their Joplin Campus. If you think the numbers are big now wait until LMU opens their Florida campus in 2026

Hi! Congrats to those who have gotten the A! If anyone whose been accepted is willing to be transparent (because it helps those who are still waiting to hear back) can you please share your stats/ experiences? Thanks
I do not mind. It was very unimpressive. My undergrad was a 2.7 ( i know) SMP (3.9) MCAT 488 to 506.

I was literally the epitome of a dreamer but I took a year off, sat down and was like " can i dedicate 2-3 years to fixing this mess." Once i decided I could, i did it. Took 12 credits at community college, got straight As, applied to and SMP, got 60 credits w/ 3.9 and got my MCAT up to 506 on my second attempt. That plus a lot of clinical hours put me over the edge. Was a lead TA during my SMP, did research w/ the dean of my college, was student leader and was active on our campus clinic.

Reactions: 4 users
So, Idk if this is true and I don't go to lmu-dcom. But, if this came from u/Rambojesus on Reddit, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I had a current LMU-DCOM student tell me that her and most of the class know who he is and he's extremely unprofessional and rude to faculty at LMU-DCOM. He bashes the school a lot on Reddit. I know lmu-dcom isn't perfect, but a lot of the stuff he says about the school isn't true.
I would like to hear more about this. If people are insulting me I'd really like the chance to defend myself. I'm not rude to faculty nor am I unprofessional. I am a direct and straightforward person though. Nothing I've said about the school is untrue. Yes we had ~70 students fail anatomy last semester between both campuses. That number I'm getting is from one of the anatomy scholars so whether it's true or not I don't know but I do trust them.

Last edited:
Is the waitlist and alternate list the same here? I know at other schools they are considered different.