2023-2024 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview this Thursday 1/11! Any advice?
It's MMI but pretty standard for mmi. Nothing to stress about. The interviewers are super nice and I thought it was overall a low stress day

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody know anything about the exam schedule in the pre-clinical classes? I don't remember from interview day if they covered it, like if it is just a final exam for each block, a midterm & final, exams every couple weeks, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where tech is at the cycle? Will more interviews be sent atp??

So excited and pleasantly surprised to get an II today. There's still hope! IS, ORM, LM 64.9, nontrad, primary transmitted 7/31, secondary completed 8/8, reapplicant.

What’s does LM and this number mean

Hey guys! I interview tomorrow and I’m really excited! I do have a question that I hope someone who has interviewed already can help me with. On the schedule the interview block is 3 hours. Will we be in MMI interviews the whole time? Or how is the 3 hours broken down? That’s just a long time and is making me nervous. Any insight helps! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I interview tomorrow and I’m really excited! I do have a question that I hope someone who has interviewed already can help me with. On the schedule the interview block is 3 hours. Will we be in MMI interviews the whole time? Or how is the 3 hours broken down? That’s just a long time and is making me nervous. Any insight helps! Thanks!
there are 9 stations total: 8 interviewing stations, and 1 rest station... your interview time will be as long as it takes for you to get through all those stations.

you will have 1 minute to read the prompt for every station, and 6 minutes to respond... so give or take your interview will be anywhere between 56 minutes to a little bit over an hour depending on where your resting station falls.

some of yall will begin interviewing at 12 mst, and some of yall will begin interviewing at 1 mst... so just keep an eye out for that :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are they still sending interviews ??
when i interviewed they said our group was the second to last batch of applicants they were interviewing... so i think the last interview day is tomorrow and are no longer sending ii

there are 9 stations total: 8 interviewing stations, and 1 rest station... your interview time will be as long as it takes for you to get through all those stations.

you will have 1 minute to read the prompt for every station, and 6 minutes to respond... so give or take your interview will be anywhere between 56 minutes to a little bit over an hour depending on where your resting station falls.

some of yall will begin interviewing at 12 mst, and some of yall will begin interviewing at 1 mst... so just keep an eye out for that :)
Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know! Good luck to you!

when i interviewed they said our group was the second to last batch of applicants they were interviewing... so i think the last interview day is tomorrow and are no longer sending ii
I assumed I was either the last day or close to the last day. I received the invite at the beginning of the month and we are getting close to Feb. 2.

What's the point of in-person tour after rankings for applicants have already been submitted..?

Ah, I guess you could have other acceptances OOS and you might want to see your TMDSAS match school in person to compare.

what wouldn't make sense is a in-person tour in between ranking submission and match day! El Paso is having a in person tour after the match day.

I got that email too, I wonder if they might know something we don't yet (who matched with them or who got on their waitlist).

I got that email too, I wonder if they might know something we don't yet (who matched with them or who got on their waitlist).
Hey guys! I got the tour email as well. I have already toured with them a couple of months ago, and I also ranked them below a very desired prematch I received. As such, I did not match with them, nor am I on the waitlist because I already matched with my prematch at the very least. I wanted to offer some insight in that I don’t think the tour email means anything special for those who received it. I know anxiety is getting the best of us right now and it’s normal to hope. 1 more week guys let’s all hang in there! 😃 (talking to myself right now as well lol)

Reactions: 5 users
Pre II rejection just now. They seem to be offering 1 on 1 consultations for applicants which is freaking awesome of them

“We will also be offering a virtual reapplicant workshop on March 22th, 2024 that will include one-on-one consultations to review your application and provide concrete steps for strengthening your application in the future.”

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I've never heard of a school giving 1 on 1 consultations for pre-II rejected applicants. only for post-II. how kind of them

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Reapplicant here. I signed up for their Reapplicant workshop and 1-on-1 review last year and it was extremely helpful in understanding what they are looking for and how to improve your application overall. I would definitely encourage reapplicants to sign up.

Reactions: 4 users
Reapplicant here. I signed up for their Reapplicant workshop and 1-on-1 review last year and it was extremely helpful in understanding what they are looking for and how to improve your application overall. I would definitely encourage reapplicants to sign up.
What are they looking for in an app?

I still havent gotten a Pre-II which is super strange. However I know its an R with match day being tmr. Have any other OOS not heard anything?

I can't seem to find this anywhere in my notes for some reason.. but is this school true P/F? or graded

Pre-matched back in November and matched today. Was my second choice after UTMB. They sent the same acceptance email but included a scholarship offer. Blessed and grateful.

Reactions: 3 users
haven’t seen anyone post a link to a gc so i made one on groupme!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all who matched! If you have any questions regarding El Paso or the school shoot me a DM or ask away on here!

Reactions: 1 users
oos waitlist how it works?
Just have to wait it out and hope a seat becomes available and they offer it to you. Our school tends to have a lot of waitlist movement so try to be patient. Ppl have been accepted days before orientation!

Does anybody knows if Foster school of Medicine has already informed In state WL . I haven't received anything Neither WL nor R

Does anybody knows if Foster school of Medicine has already informed In state WL . I haven't received anything Neither WL nor R
We generally waitlist everyone. Most schools, at least in TX, do not send out a waitlist email. It sucks...