2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it even worth it to submit a secondary here anymore?
If you can afford it I would say go for it. Not going to deny the increased difficulty with it being so late though

Members don't see this ad.

They are still sending out interviews. Unless you want to wait another year for better odds, I think it is worth it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! May I pls ask for stats? LM or whatever you are willing to share. Thanks so much!
ty! sure, LM 83. i just didn’t want to stress anyone out bc i don’t think lubbock cared that much! they were way more interested in my story

ty! sure, LM 83. i just didn’t want to stress anyone out bc i don’t think lubbock cared that much! they were way more interested in my story
Thank you!! Gorgeous LM score! Congrats again!!!😃

• Care
What is the typical schedule on a preview day ? There are no flight back to Austin after 2:30 pm from Lubbock.

Last edited:
just interviewed here, school was super friendly and the interview went really smoothly. (I was really stressed out initially). I got really good feedback from both interviewers. Good luck to everyone!

Are there more interviews at this school and would sending update letter help?

I keep getting an email that just says “Texas Tech Store” and seeing “Texas Tech S” just makes my heart drop

Thirst is deeper than ever for a hopeful interview 🥵

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I keep getting an email that just says “Texas Tech Store” and seeing “Texas Tech S” just makes my heart drop

Thirst is deeper than ever for a hopeful interview

I think there’s still some time, but my hope begins to dwindle day after day.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched this morning as well! Interviewed 11/17 LM 75. I was starting to lose hope on getting a prematch but now I know I'm going to be a doctor 😭

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
IS ii!!!! LM 64, complete 7/11, West Texas ties. I think I can die happy now. So happy to be given a chance!

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
IS ii!!!! LM 64, complete 7/11, West Texas ties. I think I can die happy now. So happy to be given a chance!
Congrats, I’ve been noticing you in this thread. That’s awesome go kill it! Happy it worked out

• Love
IS ii!!!!!!! LM 69.1 complete 9/20. Lots of West Texas ties

I’m shaking

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats y'all!!! y'all deserve it!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Will they send any more II. I was complete mid October and haven’t gotten one yet

Will they send any more II. I was complete mid October and haven’t gotten one yet
According to this linked post from @wysdoc, there was one on 01/10/23, so more may be sent for this cycle in early 2024.

You may also find this helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed a month ago and I haven’t heard back. I really want to go to this school. Should I send a letter of intent?

interviewed a month ago and I haven’t heard back. I really want to go to this school. Should I send a letter of intent?
If they accept them and there is no chance you would rank any other school that may interview you in the future higher seems to be the consensus.

If they accept them and there is no chance you would rank any other school that may interview you in the future higher seems to be the consensus.
Thank you! Now does anyone know if they accept LOI or should I email them 😂

The student social was awesome. Makes me even more excited for the interview day tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone. You guys are going to absolutely kill it 🙏🏻😈

What is % of prematch vs. match?
I don't think the school releases this information publicly. I am a current student and know that at least 50 people received pre-match offers (based on attendance at a function for my class that had been held before Match Day). The Dean of Admissions says that only a "small minority" of students get pre-match offers. There is a TON of movement on Match Day, so definitely keep your hopes up if you've had an interview and want to attend here.

hi yall, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the MD/MPH application - I prematched for MD in October (🥳) and got another email a few weeks ago with an acceptance to the MD/MPH program where I was told to fill out a separate application for the MPH admission. from what I saw online, it looks like there's a deadline to submit the MPH app in April 2024, but i was wondering if any of yall knew exactly how this timeline works or if admission into the MPH program is essentially guaranteed provided the app is submitted before the deadline. especially since i will be ranking other schools that i have not prematched to above TTU, i just wanna know if it would be fine to wait until after match day (or at least until i have a clearer idea of where i'll be ending up) to finish the MPH app. any input would be appreciated!

hi yall, just wondering if anyone knows anything about the MD/MPH application - I prematched for MD in October (🥳) and got another email a few weeks ago with an acceptance to the MD/MPH program where I was told to fill out a separate application for the MPH admission. from what I saw online, it looks like there's a deadline to submit the MPH app in April 2024, but i was wondering if any of yall knew exactly how this timeline works or if admission into the MPH program is essentially guaranteed provided the app is submitted before the deadline. especially since i will be ranking other schools that i have not prematched to above TTU, i just wanna know if it would be fine to wait until after match day (or at least until i have a clearer idea of where i'll be ending up) to finish the MPH app. any input would be appreciated!
Waiting until after Match Day sounds reasonable, and if you land at Lubbock you have plenty of time to apply to the MPH

MPH is an automatic for anyone who is admitted to MD. Lot of people enroll after enrolling in MD too.

IS II Today! Super excited since this is my Alma mater

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I know it’s been asked but does a letter of intent actually have an impact on how they rank you for the match? Or is it mostly for your own sanity?

Can’t decide if it is worth it to send one. Going to rank them #1 either way

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

I know it’s been asked but does a letter of intent actually have an impact on how they rank you for the match? Or is it mostly for your own sanity?

Can’t decide if it is worth it to send one. Going to rank them #1 either way
I talked to a dean about it and he STRONGLY implied your rank is set after the interview and that a letter of intent and updates weren’t going to move it

Has anyone gone to the post-interview Preview Day? Wondering what the dress code is. Also, it is for the applicant only correct, not for family members?

received an interview today! your sign to not let other discourage you from applying to anything (even if its late) :)

Reactions: 5 users