2023-2024 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for accepting a prematch offer, on the portal it says to submit final transcripts to the school - do yall know if this has to be done in addition to sending transcripts to TMDSAS? i got an email earlier this week from TMDSAS telling me to submit my transcripts which i just did and so i'm not sure if we also need to send transcripts directly to the school as well
IIRC, TMDSAS asks to send current transcripts to them (except for transcripts that will contain Fall 2023 courses). Then, you send the final transcripts to the school you matriculate to. Mainly, this matters for traditional applicants who still have coursework left. I think the school you matriculate to will ask for a final transcript, and then you send it then.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
for accepting a prematch offer, on the portal it says to submit final transcripts to the school - do yall know if this has to be done in addition to sending transcripts to TMDSAS? i got an email earlier this week from TMDSAS telling me to submit my transcripts which i just did and so i'm not sure if we also need to send transcripts directly to the school as well
Yes, you DO evemtually need to submit final transcripts to TTUHSC. If you are also part of a dual-degree program that involves TTU (MBA, Engineering, JD), then you will also eventually apply to and submit final transcripts to TTU as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
TMDSAS requires you to submit your mid year transcripts and so does AMCAS if I am not mistaken.

You turn in your final transcripts to the lone school standing after May 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
TMDSAS requires you to submit your mid year transcripts and so does AMCAS if I am not mistaken.

You turn in your final transcripts to the lone school standing after May 1st.
TMDSAS now only asks for transcripts once you have at least one TMDSAS offer of admission.
You can wait until Fall 2023 grades are final if you are still a college student.

You can, however, self-enter in your Fall 2023 grades on the TMDSAS portal if you wish to do that.
You might need to message TMDSAS in the portal to ask them to "unlock" that term so you can enter grades.

TMDSAS now only asks for transcripts once you have at least one TMDSAS offer of admission.
You can wait until Fall 2023 grades are final if you are still a college student.

You can, however, self-enter in your Fall 2023 grades on the TMDSAS portal if you wish to do that.
You might need to message TMDSAS in the portal to ask them to "unlock" that term so you can enter grades.
Sorry, I meant submit grades (not sure about official transcripts).

Do people without prematches not get the email requesting them to submit mid year grades?

Sorry, I meant submit grades (not sure about official transcripts).

Do people without prematches not get the email requesting them to submit mid year grades?
I don’t think so these days, @texasvandy
Applicants can enter their new grades if they want to, and only send transcripts to TMDSAS when TMDSAS emails them to ask for them.

This is why I applied EDP, I just wanted Tech. I built a life in Lubbock going to Tech undergrad and working at UMC and CMC. I was content knowing I put all of my eggs in Tech's basket, and would have to apply again if I did not get in. I poured my heart out for the area and the school on my primary and secondary and it paid off with an A. Not saying its for everyone, but for me who was sold on going to Tech, it was a golden ticket and I recommend it to anyone in a similar boat.

I applied to the EAP program back in 2018 while I was in undergrad there, but was rejected. It’s unfortunate because everyone I know who was in the program at the time ended up getting accepted to the HSC.

Where did you see that most OOS get accepted on 10/15?
They're on rolling admissions for OOS applicants. Were actually a separate pool so they go out throughout the year. Just not sure if it's like two weeks a month or two months post interview that you hear back. I saw other Texas schools give OOS As on days throughout year and they tell you it's rolling during the itnerview.

Where did you see that most OOS get accepted on 10/15?
I should rephrase that. It seems that most OOS get accepted very early (10/15 to mid-November) or very late (WL). There is obviously some movement in between those, but that is the general feeling I got from reading over the past 5 years or so threads. I also get that feeling from talking to classmates who got accepted OOS. Many of them had phenomenal stats and were accepted very early or just scraped by on the WL.

Do transcripts need to be sent to Texas Tech by 10/29, or just what’s on the drop down menu on the Tech AMP portal? Offer letter is confusing… thanks for any help anyone can provide here.

Do transcripts need to be sent to Texas Tech by 10/29, or just what’s on the drop down menu on the Tech AMP portal? Offer letter is confusing… thanks for any help anyone can provide here.
If you’re still in college wait until the end of Fall 2023 term.
Already graduated? Whenever is convenient for you.

When might it be time to panic/lose hope with match day being in February now? ☹️

Members don't see this ad :)
Even just for an interview?
Interviews will end in January this year.
The final deadline for TMDSAS primary submission is tomorrow, Nov 1, at midnight so the schools will then know they have seen the entire batch of applicants for this year.
They will continue selecting from their applicants for interviews.
I'll never tell an applicant it's time to panic!

Besides, @Guardians4312, you have had 2 interviews. More than many have had by this date.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Even just for an interview?
Match day only pertains to admissions which is what I thought you were asking about.

Interview calls end when all interview dates are filled. They call usually a month in advance for their last date of interviews which should all be concluded probably at least a few days before rankings are due on February 2nd.

Match day only pertains to admissions which is what I thought you were asking about.

Interview calls end when all interview dates are filled. They call usually a month in advance for their last date of interviews which should all be concluded probably at least a few days before rankings are due on February 2nd.
Have you heard of schools conducting interviews AFTER match day? TCOM seemed to hint that it might be possible.

Have you heard of schools conducting interviews AFTER match day? TCOM seemed to hint that it might be possible.
Not for TMDSAS schools, it's not protocol.
They can make offers of admission after Match Day for those who have interviewed but didn't match.

Interviews will end in January this year.
The final deadline for TMDSAS primary submission is tomorrow, Nov 1, at midnight so the schools will then know they have seen the entire batch of applicants for this year.
They will continue selecting from their applicants for interviews.
I'll never tell an applicant it's time to panic!

Besides, @Guardians4312, you have had 2 interviews. More than many have had by this date.
Thank you. By no means am I trying to sound snobby, ungrateful or anything to that tune. My parents live in Lubbock now and I would just love the chance to be close to them again.

Sorry if that came off the wrong way asking.

Thank you. By no means am I trying to sound snobby, ungrateful or anything to that tune. My parents live in Lubbock now and I would just love the chance to be close to them again.

Completely understandable buddy! Your situation is similar to mine with TCOM. Hope you hear back from Tech soon :D

• Care

It is not snobby if you want to know when the interview season ends.
This will apply to the 2 private schools in Texas - TCU and UIWCOM.

Question: do y’all know if TTUHSC SOM allows letter of intent? Or don’t prefer them? I’ve scoured the internet and have yet to find a solid response.

Question: do y’all know if TTUHSC SOM allows letter of intent? Or don’t prefer them? I’ve scoured the internet and have yet to find a solid response.
They are open to communication but only send a letter of intent if you have already interviewed there, it’s pretty meaningless otherwise

Reactions: 2 users
They are open to communication but only send a letter of intent if you have already interviewed there, it’s pretty meaningless otherwise
Thank you! Is there a preference on emailing the dean or director of admissions?

I have my Preview Day scheduled for this Saturday, 11/11, but still haven’t received any information about it. For people who have attended a session already, what day of the week did you typically receive the schedule?

I have my Preview Day scheduled for this Saturday, 11/11, but still haven’t received any information about it. For people who have attended a session already, what day of the week did you typically receive the schedule?
Is this only for people who have interviewed?

Hi all! I’m normally shy with my posting, but trying to help where I can. I already completed Preview Day here and I got the schedule 2-3 days in advance, so waiting until closer is normal. You will likely get it tomorrow or Thursday!

Also, yes, this invitation only goes out to those who have already completed their interview with the school.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reactions: 3 users
This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to Texas Tech University (HSC) SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

Does anyone know if TTU expecting (or have historically) sent out a batch of prematches sometime soon? Trying not to put all my eggs in the “prematch” basket, but the waiting game is getting to me 🫠

II received! although, the application portal isn’t loading for me. has anyone else been having this issue?

Reactions: 4 users
I got my interview schedule and it lists the second interview as “standby interviewer”. Does anyone know what that means?

I got my interview schedule and it lists the second interview as “standby interviewer”. Does anyone know what that means?
They might need to replace a regular interviewer who couldn't be there that day. Nothing to worry about.

They might need to replace a regular interviewer who couldn't be there that day. Nothing to worry about.
I would have thought it means they run around to coffeeshop and find the first person who might look like they know what they are doing. :)

I would have thought it means they run around to coffeeshop and find the first person who might look like they know what they are doing. :)
That's what student ambassadors are for... and getting coffee for the interviewers and admissions leadership.

JUST KIDDING! I love our student ambassadors! They are the best!

• Haha
I received a preview day invite (already completed my interview) but with the two date options given, I need to register for the one in late January because the December one is during finals. Does anyone know, do they ever offer A's to someone who has not yet attended the preview day?

I received a preview day invite (already completed my interview) but with the two date options given, I need to register for the one in late January because the December one is during finals. Does anyone know, do they ever offer A's to someone who has not yet attended the preview day?
Yes, preview days are not mandatory but are helpful to you to see the campus environs

Just adding that I prematched here on 10/15! LM score 71, interviewed in August, was complete mid-July

Reactions: 3 users