2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they still sending interview invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I applied for Teach-MS as well
i think thats why we're still waiting. seems like theyve only hit 2 of the pathways so far. i applied for reach and prime and both havent started sending iis

i think thats why we're still waiting. seems like theyve only hit 2 of the pathways so far. i applied for reach and prime and both havent started sending iis

I applied to prime and my regular MD interview is this Friday, nervous for this one

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for PRIME and REACH as well, is it a bad sign if I haven't got an invite for regular MD?

One of my lab volunteers got an interview at Davis last week.

Me - nothing. 😔 UCs hate me so much.

Reactions: 3 users
Does Davis accept letters of interest pre-II? Haven't heard back from this school yet and it is my top choice so I'm starting to get worried.

I applied for PRIME and REACH as well, is it a bad sign if I haven't got an invite for regular MD?
i honestly dont think its a bad sign, before COVID, i went to one of their open houses and one of the students that had applied prime said he didnt hear anything back until like late march, so i think we're good?

i honestly dont think its a bad sign, before COVID, i went to one of their open houses and one of the students that had applied prime said he didnt hear anything back until like late march, so i think we're good?
We r in it for the long run🥲

On the website, they said : "Qualified applicants will be invited for a CHS interview between January and April"
The programs select applicants for a second interview after the SOM interview is done and then anytime between now to April, we'll hear back on a rolling basis

OMGOMGOMG IS ii! Complete 8/29. First interview availability 3/1 to mid march

504 mcat/ 3.4 with ucd ties this is my dream school I’m so happy to have a shot

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Also adding to the thread. My ii was for MD track (I also applied to pathways and am curious) and the email stated this about pathways

Attachments

• IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 140
Also received an II this afternoon!! Did anyone email their photo directly to the admissions email or is the upload photo tab enough? My photo looks like it uploaded, but the invite email says: "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided."

Reactions: 1 users
Also received an II this afternoon!! Did anyone email their photo directly to the admissions email or is the upload photo tab enough? My photo looks like it uploaded, but the invite email says: "Submit your photo via email to the application portal. Follow the instructions provided."
I uploaded my photo and that was enough to unlock the "schedule interview" tab. Congrats!

OMGOMGOMG IS ii! Complete 8/29. First interview availability 3/1 to mid march

504 mcat/ 3.4 with ucd ties this is my dream school I’m so happy to have a shot
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing what time you received the email at? I'm lowkey worried with the same MCAT and both ties to ucd/northern/central california 😭

Did anybody have technical issues during their interview today? I swear to god, my site stopped working so early into the interview. I could not load the page where you're supposed to view the prompt. The admissions office said all that stuff about "download a new browser" etc. But the issue was not my computer. I had all the latest browsers and good internet access and everything. Everything worked except that one page. My MMI rater said I was the second person today who told her that I couldn't view the prompt. It was crazy.

Did anybody have technical issues during their interview today? I swear to god, my site stopped working so early into the interview. I could not load the page where you're supposed to view the prompt. The admissions office said all that stuff about "download a new browser" etc. But the issue was not my computer. I had all the latest browsers and good internet access and everything. Everything worked except that one page. My MMI rater said I was the second person today who told her that I couldn't view the prompt. It was crazy.
My video wouldn't turn on for two stations! It got fixed when I logged out and logged back into the browser though

My video wouldn't turn on for two stations! It got fixed when I logged out and logged back into the browser though
Did you report it to the admissions office? It seems like the admissions office might be under the impression that I'm the only one who had a technical issue.

were you not able to participate in sessions because of this?

Last edited:
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing what time you received the email at? I'm lowkey worried with the same MCAT and both ties to ucd/northern/central california

Feb 1 at 10:58am pst

I probably know the answer to this question, but: do you guys think sending an LOI is a bad idea if they say, "Please do not send any new information, transcripts, letters of recommendation, updates, or materials unless requested by the Office of Admissions" when you haven't even received an II? They didn't metion LOI. 😬😁🙃

I probably know the answer to this question, but: do you guys think sending an LOI is a bad idea if they say, "Please do not send any new information, transcripts, letters of recommendation, updates, or materials unless requested by the Office of Admissions" when you haven't even received an II? They didn't metion LOI.

I personally wouldn’t do it. That could suggest to AdComs that a person doesn’t know how to read and follow basic directions.
Refer to the following:

If I have a new mcat score, how do I let the administration know?
The school web page should state what the last MCAT date is that they will consider for this app cycle.
MCAT scores are automatically forwarded to your AMCAS account, if your “new score was soon enough according to the school’s cutoff they should see it if reviewing your app.

i havent received any info in regards to an II or pre II R, yall know when those are sent out?

Does anybody have any tips for interviewing? Mine is coming up but I don't think I received details about whether it's MMI or traditional.

Does anybody have any tips for interviewing? Mine is coming up but I don't think I received details about whether it's MMI or traditional.
They have quite a bit of information on their secondary webpage. It's an MMI with 10 stations, two of which will be rest stations. They even have an example question/prompt.

MMI. Think of anecdotal responses. Don't just answer the question, relate prior experiences to justify your answer.

MMI. Be true to yourself. Whatever your answer is make sure it’s true to who you are. Good luck!

They have quite a bit of information on their secondary webpage. It's an MMI with 10 stations, two of which will be rest stations. They even have an example question/prompt.
The MMI info video they sent out indicated it's actually 12 stations:
-7 scenario based
-2 traditional
-meet the dean
-2 true rest stations