2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS A (Interviewed 1/12 for those who wonder about timeline)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just to clarify, UC Davis does not accept letters of interest pre-interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Where do we access to those us news reports? Do we need to pay to see them?
Yeah, unfortunately, but its honestly not that expensive to just subscribe for the one year and get access to the admissions stats for almost all med schools in the US (although I guess knowing the stats aren't that useful except for helping with anxiety lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the A call (interviewed 1/19)!! I felt bad coming out of the MMI, so kinda surprised to get the A - keep this in mind for those of you still interviewing, a bad feeling after your interview doesn't necessarily mean a rejection!!

Good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got the A call (interviewed 1/19)!! I felt bad coming out of the MMI, so kinda surprised to get the A - keep this in mind for those of you still interviewing, a bad feeling after your interview doesn't necessarily mean a rejection!!

Good luck everyone!!

Insane turnaround time must’ve rizzed them so hard congratulations!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does Davis take/recommend post interview thank you notes? I know it’s MMI so would addressing it to adcom be fine?

Members don't see this ad :)
longtime lurker on sdn who has no updates for UCDSOM, but I wanted to come in here and manifest an ii as this is my absolute dream school - silence since submission in mid-August, but UCD alum with ties to the school/area. I’d love more than anything to get a shot here :’) 🙏🏼

if this is not an appropriate post, I’m happy to take it down! just thought I’d take any chance to hold onto hope and shout into the void since I know interview season is slowly wrapping up and this might be all I can do. I leave it to fate now 🫡

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Has anyone who submitted a secondary in October/after hear back yet?

longtime lurker on sdn who has no updates for UCDSOM, but I wanted to come in here and manifest an ii as this is my absolute dream school - silence since submission in mid-August, but UCD alum with ties to the school/area. I’d love more than anything to get a shot here :’) 🙏🏼

if this is not an appropriate post, I’m happy to take it down! just thought I’d take any chance to hold onto hope and shout into the void since I know interview season is slowly wrapping up and this might be all I can do. I leave it to fate now 🫡
Manifesting an II for you!! ✨💫✨

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
If I have a new mcat score, how do I let the administration know?
i dont think they'll take it unless if you put in your AMCAS app that you had another upcoming test date. if u did that then they'll automatically receive it

they're slowly killing me with a 08/16 complete date 😭😭

• Care
7/20 complete date, haven’t heard anything else! Hopefully soon?

on their admissions process link on the UCDSOM site, it says that they interview til Feb but ive been reading on here that sometimes they go later? does anyone know when they stop sending out IIs?

7/20 complete date, haven’t heard anything else! Hopefully soon?
literally they haven't given us any indication of what they want...like either js send me the R or an II...stop playing with my emotions :rofl::cryi:

literally they haven't given us any indication of what they want...like either js send me the R or an II...stop playing with my emotions :rofl::cryi:
In one of their emails they sent out on Friday, they really emphasized how they have seen a lot of last minute cancellations, so hopefully that means you will get a chance to interview!

• Care
In one of their emails they sent out on Friday, they really emphasized how they have seen a lot of last minute cancellations, so hopefully that means you will get a chance to interview!
omg that would be lovely! they have me on the edge of my seat everyday since mid august 😨 and they've past my date so many times for Rs and IIs so should i still be trusting the process or honestly kinda time to pack it up?

Are only accepted students getting this email? 😯

anyone know if u havent heard by now, its practically a R right?

Is II today. Not sure what my odds are given my clinical experience is how we say, not recent and my stats are a lot higher than their median. But I'm so excited to get a little public school love.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Is II today. Not sure what my odds are given my clinical experience is how we say, not recent and my stats are a lot higher than their median. But I'm so excited to get a little public school love.
Congrats!!

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing if you applied for a pathway along with your complete date?

Is II today. Not sure what my odds are given my clinical experience is how we say, not recent and my stats are a lot higher than their median. But I'm so excited to get a little public school lov
Yay for the public school love! Also I remember your post a little while back about a lab mate getting an II from Davis, so excited that you are interviewing too! 🎉✨ When are they scheduling for?

Yay for the public school love! Also I remember your post a little while back about a lab mate getting an II from Davis, so excited that you are interviewing too! 🎉✨ When are they scheduling for?
Not a lab mate, a volunteer. I run the lab and wrote his letter of recommendation. lol

• Love