2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard its closer to the latter, but not exactly. They are trying to build a class that has a large variety of experiences, and demographics is a part of that. I am sure there is some sort of ranking that comes in to play when multiple applicants would satisfy a niche within their cohort though.
As a white guy, I don't like my chances.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m begging to be removed off this waitlist I’ll be a good behaved student I promise pookie

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
not sure how to feel about no communication since august....anyone have any insights?
Davis was my #1 but they’ve left me on read since August too :(

Reactions: 1 user
Hi again everyone! I was reading last year's thread and noticed that the last pre-ii Rs went out on March 22nd. I know there was a wave of pre-ii Rs recently but was wondering if anyone knows if they're still interviewing/what's next? If you have any information you'd be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully I'm speaking on behalf of those still waiting for any news! Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been waiting for either an R or a II. Wish they would just send out decisions 😭

Hi again everyone! I was reading last year's thread and noticed that the last pre-ii Rs went out on March 22nd. I know there was a wave of pre-ii Rs recently but was wondering if anyone knows if they're still interviewing/what's next? If you have any information you'd be willing to share, it would be greatly appreciated! Hopefully I'm speaking on behalf of those still waiting for any news! Thanks in advance :)
A lot of stuff seems to be delayed this year for multiple schools, so I think all we can do is wait unfortunately

Ouch, just got the post-II R :( II 2/1, interviewed 3/8. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the waitlist, genuinely sad about this one 😔

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
holding out hope for an II bc davis is my dream school grew up close by & my whole family is there

• Care
Just got the A call! Thank God! I'm hoping the best for the rest of you in this cycle truly, it's been a rough ride but Grace will be with you all ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got an II today... thought it was kinda late so I'm kinda surprised

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
BTW if you dont mind dropping a quick tip, how did you guys prepare for MMI?

IS pre-ii R. this one stung lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre II R IS

Me being delulu thinking this was their April fools joke 🤪

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A call yesterday and have been crying ever since. Very shocked…. Sending good vibes to all of you. It’s a wildly rough process, but please, please keep your head up and trust that your journey will lead you to wherever you need to be in the moment. Interviewed 3/11. IS, no NorCal ties. MCAT 500. GPA 3.4. Mini postbacc GPA 3.8

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got the A call yesterday and have been crying ever since. Very shocked…. Sending good vibes to all of you. It’s a wildly rough process, but please, please keep your head up and trust that your journey will lead you to wherever you need to be in the moment. Interviewed 3/11. IS, no NorCal ties. MCAT 500. GPA 3.4. Mini postbacc GPA 3.8
+1. As a fourth-time applicant, this feels so surreal. It is rough out there. Interviewed 3/11, from SoCal (no NorCal ties), MCAT 517 and GPA 3.8.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know how much scholarship money is provided to students in the pathway programs like ACE-PC, TEACH-MA, etc ?

Does anyone know how much scholarship money is provided to students in the pathway programs like ACE-PC, TEACH-MA, etc ?
It can vary per student and probably by program as well. You should have received or will receive an email with the exact amount once you get accepted to one of those programs

• Care
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if they have accepted a full class size worth of students yet?

Same here, but I'm worried it's just for a WL spot
They’re still actively interviewing for a a spot. They interview for a spot until the end and then they pull from the waitlist afterwards.

Just withdrew my A!! I also wanted to share my financial aid offer ($35k per year for 4 years, EFC=0; unsure if merit or need-based) because I feel transparency is very much needed throughout this process (mainly for future SDN lurkers looking to see what schools are offering)

Good luck to everyone!!!

• Care
Reactions: 14 users
Just withdrew my A!! I also wanted to share my financial aid offer ($35k per year for 4 years, EFC=0; unsure if merit or need-based) because I feel transparency is very much needed throughout this process (mainly for future SDN lurkers looking to see what schools are offering)

Good luck to everyone!!!
Best of luck to wherever you decide to go!

• Love
once students are provided their estimated financial offer, does that mean that they are no longer being considered for any other merit-based/need-based scholarships through the SOM?

Does anyone know if every accepted student gets a scholarship?

Not Davis rejecting me and then sending me this postbacc email for students who "do not currently have competitive GPA or MCAT scores" when both my GPA and MCAT are above their averages...like i get it we're not compatible just lose my number 😭
They are just jealous of your stats🥺

lmaooo davis can kick rocks a postbacc when i have been accepted elsewhere. this school is insane

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users