AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted all three of my transcripts on Aug 5th.
All three were received yesterday (Aug 17th).
All three were verified today (Aug 18th).

Wasn't expecting it to go that quickly!

Lucky. I sent mine on the 15th, one came in last night and hasn't been verified yet. Just says it was received and processed. Best part is that that transcript is only for two classes I took in the summer -__-

I ended up making an extremely detailed shadowing log, since I had that stuff recorded anyways. Now I just need one more LoR from a podiatrist. I assume I can have them write it, seal it, and I can mail the copies to each school?

Members don't see this ad.

Lucky. I sent mine on the 15th, one came in last night and hasn't been verified yet. Just says it was received and processed. Best part is that that transcript is only for two classes I took in the summer -__-

I ended up making an extremely detailed shadowing log, since I had that stuff recorded anyways. Now I just need one more LoR from a podiatrist. I assume I can have them write it, seal it, and I can mail the copies to each school?

You can do that, but it would probably go faster if you sent the podiatrist a request through Interfolio. That way they can submit it (sealed) online, and you can e-mail it to the schools you want (received the next day). Keep in mind that Western and Arizona do not accept e-mailed LoR, but Interfolio will mail it to them for you.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got verified yesterday too. What to do now lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got verified yesterday too. What to do now lol
My thought exactly.
I'll be trying not to drive myself insane by checking my e-mail every 15 minutes looking for something from the schools.

Still waiting for my transcripts to be received...undergrad said they sent them out on the 11th

How do we know if schools got our MCAT scores?
I would call AACPMAS to ask them. If it's attached to your app then the schools can see it even before your app is verified. I released my MCAT score to them on 8/05 and AAMC confirms that it was delivered and received but AACPMAS said that they couldn't see it. I resent it today electronically and also emailed them a verifiable copy of my score report. I've read that people in the past sometimes have trouble with the score going through.

I would call AACPMAS to ask them. If it's attached to your app then the schools can see it even before your app is verified. I released my MCAT score to them on 8/05 and AAMC confirms that it was delivered and received but AACPMAS said that they couldn't see it. I resent it today electronically and also emailed them a verifiable copy of my score report. I've read that people in the past sometimes have trouble with the score going through.
Same thing. Released my scores on Aug 5th. Just got off the phone with AACPMAS and they don't have mine either. They said they were going to do a "manual" search for them. So I sent the scores electronically again. They said someone would be calling me within the next few days to let me know what's going on.

How do we know if schools got our MCAT scores?
If you go to Manage My Programs > Program Status, then click the downloadable application link to the right of the school name, then scroll down to where your MCAT score is listed. The title will have "Unofficial Test Results" if your score was not attached to your app, and it will say "Official Test Results" if it was attached.
Just got off the phone with AACPMAS and the woman I talked to confirmed this.

Sent my scores on the 5th and it still says unofficial on my app. Thinking I'm gonna have to make a call tomorrow...

Sent my scores on the 5th and it still says unofficial on my app. Thinking I'm gonna have to make a call tomorrow...

Same. I feel like MCAT score are the easiest thing to verify

Same. I feel like MCAT score are the easiest thing to verify
Seriously, it should all be pretty straight forward. I just sent an email to them, and I guess I'll make the call tomorrow if I haven't heard back. Really hoping I don't have to resend my transcripts out and have to wait even longer

How long does it take AAMC to send out MCAT scores to AACPM? I sent mine on 8/11. In regards to transcripts from the university all I had to do was to have the Registrar attached that printout to my Official transcript and have it sent to AACPM right? I dont have to send it individually to each school? How long does this all take? I sent my transcripts on 8/10.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out my transcripts 8/6 and only one has arrived. The other one still says "not received." I'm calling AACPM again today to see what happened. I really hope I don't have to send it again. Also MCAT scores are not received either...sigh so stressful:boom:

Just got an email that they AACPMAS has received my transcript. Now awaiting verification.

Transcript received today! Sent it on the 11th. Still waiting for the MCAT to verify after sending it twice...

Sending my MCAT score for the third time now. Just accept it omg. :bullcrap:

How will I know that my LoRs have been received by the schools? I got the delivery confirmation from Interfolio, just not a receiving confirmation from aacpmas or schools.

How will I know that my LoRs have been received by the schools? I got the delivery confirmation from Interfolio, just not a receiving confirmation from aacpmas or schools.
You won't get any LOR confirmation from AACPMAS. You may get an LOR confirmation from the schools, but probably only if the admissions staff has nothing better to do. You'll probably have to email or call the admissions department for each school you sent LORs to if you need confirmation that they were received. That's the only way I know of.

I originally submitted my MCAT score on Aug 5th. I called AACPMAS two days ago (Aug 18) and they didn't have my MCAT score, so I had AAMC resend them.
They were finally posted this morning as "Official Test Results" in the downloadable application.
Now I wait.

I originally submitted my MCAT score on Aug 5th. I called AACPMAS two days ago (Aug 18) and they didn't have my MCAT score, so I had AAMC resend them.
They were finally posted this morning as "Official Test Results" in the downloadable application.
Now I wait.
Hazaa! My MCAT was updated to official this morning too. They're still taking their sweet time on my transcripts though...

I cannot wait to start working on my application after taking the MCAT this Saturday. AHHH!

I got my first email from a school today woohoo. They said all they need is my MCAT verified (which I sent over a week ago) and then I'm good to go

Reactions: 2 users
MCAT posted this morning for me too! Also some new page titled "Designation Information" that says my submission status for AZPOD is complete. Does anyone else have a page like that in their downloadable app?

I got my first email from a school today woohoo. They said all they need is my MCAT verified (which I sent over a week ago) and then I'm good to go

Update. 20 min later I get my MCAT results official

Reactions: 2 users
Received a letter for NYCPM saying they got my application. Sent my MCAT scores from AAMC a 2nd time.

Now I wait.
Where in the world is the downloadable version of my app? :ninja:

Where in the world is the downloadable version of my app? :ninja:
Manage My Programs > Program Status > *Click Download Button, Image Below*
Download Button.jpg

Woohooo verified this morning!!!:zip:

Is applying in November/December too late?

I can submit my app now but will not have my MCAT done until around the end of November. Would I get interviews without the MCAT or no?

I can submit my app now but will not have my MCAT done until around the end of November. Would I get interviews without the MCAT or no?
You can get interviewed now but won't get accepted without an official MCAT on file. The longer you wait the fewer seats will be left and the greater the competition. It all depends on your GPA and what your MCAT ends up being, but that would probably be a better conversation for the WAMC thread. People are routinely accepted up through Spring, so if your GPA and MCAT will be competitive you shouldn't have much of a problem waiting. Whenever you do apply, remember that the application/verification process can take weeks. You should probably submit your application at least a month before you'll get your MCAT score so that as soon as you do you'll be ready to interview.

how will you have the mcat done at the end of november? the last test date till 2016 is september 23rd

how will you have the mcat done at the end of november? the last test date till 2016 is september 23rd

Oh I was unaware. Looking at test dates it looks like I would take it in January. Would love to take it in September but no way I would be ready.

So the real question..."Is applying in January/February too late?"

Me too!!! Anyone have a timeline about any of the schools? I read somewhere that NYCPM takes three weeks from when youre verified.

cGPA: 3.6-3.7
sGPA: 3.8

Lots of volunteering and a TON of work experience. Worked full time almost the entire time through undergrad. Had to support myself 100% since I was 17.

Thanks!

cGPA: 3.6-3.7
sGPA: 3.8

Lots of volunteering and a TON of work experience. Worked full time almost the entire time through undergrad. Had to support myself 100% since I was 17.

Thanks!
Your stats are way high for pod school. Just don't bomb the MCAT. Get any where around a 494 and you should get in somewhere, even if you wait till January/February.

Hi guys I was wondering what goes in the EXPERIENCES section and what goes in the ACHIEVEMENTS section. I'm a bit lost any help will be appreciated. Also, where it says essays, only one is listed; I keep hearing about a second essay for Kent, where would one find this?

So the real question..."Is applying in January/February too late?"

From what I can tell, I don't think Jan/Feb is late. Most of the school's deadlines are by June and on the aacpm website, I believe it mentioned that April is the competitive deadline. I also called a couple of schools to see if what my chances were a while back. It seems that applying before December is considered early. The lady at temple told me that if I applied after jan, I would be ok. It might have to do with your stats as well. With lower stats, applying early would be better.

Hi guys I was wondering what goes in the EXPERIENCES section and what goes in the ACHIEVEMENTS section. I'm a bit lost any help will be appreciated. Also, where it says essays, only one is listed; I keep hearing about a second essay for Kent, where would one find this?

Imo, for experiences, that would be your shadowing, work, volunteering, any other activities, etc. for Achievements, maybe something like: the Dean's list, awards for volunteering, recognitions, etc.

For the second essay, on the main page, go on Program Materials and click on Kent state. There will be two tabs near the top: Home and Documents. Click on Documents and you will have the option of attaching Resume, Personal statement, and research publications.

Last edited:
Just got back from overseas and finally starting my application. Question. Where we enter colleges attended and degrees earned are we a) adding colleges where we took transient classes and b) how do we post two degrees from the same university. I earned my BS at my current university and am working on my MS at the same one. However, the application isn't letting me put my degree is in process since it would apply it to both my BS and MS

also, when I am reporting my standardized tests, do I have to post expired MCAT test scores that are over 3 years old?

1. They say to enter ALL coursework. As long as it will be on any one of your transcripts you must enter it or they will kick it back to you during verification as undelivered.
2. I don't think it let's you post in progress work this time around. You'll have to just tell AACPMAS what has been completed so far and then after this semester you will update each school individually by sending the schools updated official transcripts, not AACPMAS.
3. They say to report ALL MCAT scores, although obviously only ones within the past 3 years count. When your scores are released to them they will still see your older scores and so to match your records I would enter even the old scores. Any discrepancies could have the application kicked back to you during verification, which is a waste of time.
4. If you REALLY wanna be 100% sure about all of this, then just call AACPMAS. You'll usually only be on hold about 10 minutes, but then you'll get answers directly from the application service.

Hey there,
Will the AACPMAS send off your application without official MCAT scores? I have everything verified but the MCAT score which is unofficial at this point. I was unaware that the MCAT score wasn't sent automatically until I read this thread today. Also it also has been helpful to read this thread because it has answered most of the questions I have had. Thanks guys!