AP Physics B vs College Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterMood

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking AP Physics B right now and I never actually opened the college textbook for learning physics. Furthermore, I didn't understand the teacher, so I bought a review book for physics and thats how I've been learning physics.

When I retake general physics I and II in college, will I have to read the textbook because AP wasn't that comprehensive, or is physics more geared towards problem-solving. I ask this partially gradewise and MCAT-wise.

Members don't see this ad.

Hermit MMood said:
When I retake general physics I and II in college, will I have to read the textbook

Three things:
1. Your college professor will choose what is most important in his class that may or may not overlap with what you have learned in high school.

2. You will learn SO much more in a year of high school physics than you need to learn to get a 5 on the AP.

3. Chances are, your course will be graded on a curve and many of the students in your class will have already taken Physics B and done just as well as you. If you want to beat them for the A, you'll need to know more than them, not just the basics you learned in high school.