ATSU/KCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ha....at the rate they're going, they'll have enough people to fill the entering class of '12 too....Best of luck! :)

haha thank you, I am just hoping for an acceptance. Whether it be for this year or for next year is fine by me. :xf:

Just booked my flight/hotel for it :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

For accepted students, our next deposit is due April 15, so I'm guessing you'll probably be getting some news shortly after that.

Anyone in the accepted pending group hear anything yet? :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry to get your hopes up, but the deposit just needs to be postmarked by April 15th, so it'll probably be another week or so. Sorry!

I know at least one accepted pending will get good news because I didn't send mine in.

I got a call this morning from Donna saying that a seat had opened. However, I recently accepted a seat at another school so I will not be taking the one at KCOM. Good luck to whoever gets my seat. By the way, I interviewed on 1/27.

I got a call this morning from Donna saying that a seat had opened. However, I recently accepted a seat at another school so I will not be taking the one at KCOM. Good luck to whoever gets my seat. By the way, I interviewed on 1/27.

Thanks for the update!

Has anyone heard of any more movement on the seat pending list?

I just received an email from Donna. Looks like the class is full. In the past there has been little to no movement after the may 15 deadline but possibly a few spots in the summer may open up...here's to hoping.

I just received an email from Donna. Looks like the class is full. In the past there has been little to no movement after the may 15 deadline but possibly a few spots in the summer may open up...here's to hoping.

I got the same the email. I'm hopeful that spots will become available too! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry for the lack of update. Finally got a spot! I received a call from Donna on the same day as TheMusicMan. She told me a few spots opened up. After she told me, she said she had to make a couple of other calls. So...maybe around 5 people got spots on that day? I'm not sure. Come the week of May 15, you guys should definitely get more movement. I'm thinking 5 or so spots will open up again.

Also, for people that are on the accepted but pending list:
If KCOM is your first choice, you HAVE TO let them know. Whether it be in the form of a letter or email to let Donna know. KCOM's pending list is indeed listed by rank. That could mean by GPA or MCAT score or just pure interest in the school.

Does anyone know about how many people are on the accepted pending list right now?

I am currently away from home on an extended trip, and I didn't bring along the information about the website address for the deposit payments. Could somebody please post it? I would really appreciate it.

May 15th... Let the accepted pending list movement begin! :smuggrin:

i was added last week too!! heres hoping to all of us getting phone calls soon! :confused:

I keep getting excited while at work every time I get a new mail notification, only to be disappointed when it is spam. :rolleyes: Let the ~1 year wait continue and :luck: to us all! We ARE in, just depends when :thumbup:

Has anyone from the pending acceptance been given a spot for this year lately?

How's the trend for accepted pending students getting spots that fall at KCOM? I heard for the last 2 years all the pending at SOMA were accepted for the cycle they interviewed. It seems like there's not as much waitlist movement this year though.

How's the trend for accepted pending students getting spots that fall at KCOM? I heard for the last 2 years all the pending at SOMA were accepted for the cycle they interviewed. It seems like there's not as much waitlist movement this year though.

In the email I received from KCOM, it stated: 2 years ago all students on the accepted pending list were able to be offered seats in that year's class. Last year, not all students on the accepted pending list were able to be offered seats for that year's class (also meaning the wait list was not utilized at all last year).

This is what I was emailed when I got m accepted pending notification.

See ya'll in K-Vegas this year or next!

I hope we start seeing movement soon, but so far I have seen little to no movement. I hope we get some type of hint soon for whether or not a spot this year looks likely because my lease here is about to end... a couch seems in my near future until I find out if I could sign a new lease.

In the email I received from KCOM, it stated: 2 years ago all students on the accepted pending list were able to be offered seats in that year's class. Last year, not all students on the accepted pending list were able to be offered seats for that year's class (also meaning the wait list was not utilized at all last year).

This is what I was emailed when I got m accepted pending notification.

See ya'll in K-Vegas this year or next!

Ok wow I wonder how much of the list they were able to bring into the class last year

I hope we start seeing movement soon, but so far I have seen little to no movement. I hope we get some type of hint soon for whether or not a spot this year looks likely because my lease here is about to end... a couch seems in my near future until I find out if I could sign a new lease.

Yeah it seems like there hasn't been much movement at the 3 schools I'm on waitlists at. Either people are really holding out for their top choices or they're satisfied with the acceptance they have.

Is anybody who has been accepted to KCOM this year waiting for a spot at TUCOM-NV or WVSOM?

No idea what rank I was on the accepted-pending list, but I just got a spot into this year's class!! :soexcited: That means there IS movement happening so don't give up hope :thumbup:

No idea what rank I was on the accepted-pending list, but I just got a spot into this year's class!! :soexcited: That means there IS movement happening so don't give up hope :thumbup:

Just stopping by from the ATSU/SOMA thread, but congrats to you Raisenbran! I hope there will be some significant movement soon for SOMA well :)

Is anybody who has been accepted to KCOM this year waiting for a spot at TUCOM-NV or WVSOM?

Nothing against the schools but I personally would choose KCOM over TUCOM-NV or WVSOM....:thumbup:

Just wanted to let everyone on the waitlist know, I just got accepted off the waitlist at another school after being accepted to KCOM back in October, and decided to decline my acceptance to KCOM this morning, hope that means good news for one of you soon!

i recently received an email from donna sparks asking if i had already made plans for the fall, or if i'd like to stay on the alternate list. i also got a voicemail today about the same thing. i'm already committed & happy to attend VCOM-CC, so i withdrew my alt spot! good luck, future colleages :)

I received an email a little over a week ago...no voice mail but I did respond that same day...congrats on your acceptance @ VCOM and good luck! I'm still hoping for a spot at this school so hopefully so more movement!

Any swaying words from KCOM current students? I was 100% set on KCOM after rejecting my acceptances at 2 Florida schools. I was just accepted at DMU this morning though and am having a very tough time deciding between the two!

Last edited:
Were you on the alternate or seat pending list?

i recently received an email from donna sparks asking if i had already made plans for the fall, or if i'd like to stay on the alternate list. i also got a voicemail today about the same thing. i'm already committed & happy to attend VCOM-CC, so i withdrew my alt spot! good luck, future colleages :)

Any swaying words from KCOM current students? I was 100% set on KCOM after rejecting my acceptances at 2 Florida schools. I was just accepted at DMU this morning though and am having a very tough time deciding between the two!

If your acceptance to DMU has changed your eagerness to get to KCOM, then DMU is probably the right place for you. Congrats

Accepted Pending List seems to be moving awfully slow... I'm guessing it's due to all D.O. schools having a significant increase in applicants, every year is becoming more and more competitive! :claps:

Anyone else considering accepting a spot for KCOM 2012 if they don't get a seat this year? I'm accepted elsewhere but really love KCOM - The Founding Osteopathic Medical School! :thumbup:

Accepted Pending List seems to be moving awfully slow... I'm guessing it's due to all D.O. schools having a significant increase in applicants, every year is becoming more and more competitive! :claps:

Anyone else considering accepting a spot for KCOM 2012 if they don't get a seat this year? I'm accepted elsewhere but really love KCOM - The Founding Osteopathic Medical School! :thumbup:

i'm in the same boat as you... but i decided that i would rather wait a year and go to KCOM then go to the other school I was accepted too (LECOM Seton Hill)... plus this also gives me the opportunity to try and get into a school in my home state next year.. but if not KCOM is always there and I really did like it there! but lets hope both of us get seats this year.. somehow :D :thumbup:

Anyone on the accepted pending list hear anything ?

See ya in 2012!!! :lock::banana:

See ya in 2012!!! :lock::banana:

is there a reason you bumped last years thread? and if you just got accepted, the general rule of thumb around here is that you change from pre-med to medical student after you start, not after you have been accepted. but congrats none the less.

Just withdrew from my interview October 10. Good luck if you are waiting for an interview!

is there a reason you bumped last years thread? and if you just got accepted, the general rule of thumb around here is that you change from pre-med to medical student after you start, not after you have been accepted. but congrats none the less.

I didn't bump anything and thanks for the advice but once you're accepted you can go ahead and change status... sorry if that hasn't happened for you yet.

Last edited:
Just cancelled my interview for 10/21, short notice but if you can, snatch it up! Good luck! :thumbup:

Just set my interview date for Dec. 15th! Can anyone comment on how fast they were accepted after the interview?? It's 10 days before christmas which means tons of traveling..which ALSO means lots of stressing over missing a call from KCOM.

I don't know if I should still submit my secondary here? I got a 23 MCAT, 3.59 cum. GPA and 3.33 science with a lot of volunteering, research, and clinical experience...did anyone with a low MCAT get accepted to KCOM this year? I wonder if they have a cut-off when giving interviews??

Last edited: