Away Rotation Alternatives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BB88921

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a derm away scheduled in August and in October but I am having difficulty securing a rotation for the month of September and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on something else I could do that could help boost my application. I am considering doing a burn unit rotation at my home school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have a derm away scheduled in August and in October but I am having difficulty securing a rotation for the month of September and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on something else I could do that could help boost my application. I am considering doing a burn unit rotation at my home school.

Thanks!

Nothing you do in September of your MS4 year is going to significantly affect your derm application (it probably won't even go on your Dean's Letter most likely). No one is going to care about what 4th year electives you choose to do. Also, 2 away rotations (assuming you have a home department) is also plenty. Any more than this and you'll risk burning out.

Assuming you don't have to be on a rotation that month, I'd recommend just taking it off and making sure your ERAS is polished for the September 15th submission deadline and that everything (letters, Dean Letters, etc.) are ready to go on October 1st.

Reactions: 1 user