Back to the Basics? WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I stayed in last night protecting Jam. So, there is that.

Convenient...of course you did

Members don't see this ad.

CIgi8bm.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She is injured....it would be an unfair battle unfortunately

Also mod that is stuck waiting for delayed flight is bored. @Jamr0ckin whenever you care to weigh in, please do so. I think you have a lot of blood thirsty people watching on who want to see what will happen. Myself included :p

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry y'all.

Today was open house at UTK and I just got to a point where I could catch up.

I'm going to believe dyachei is still who I think she is, so...

lynch allie

Sorry y'all.

Today was open house at UTK and I just got to a point where I could catch up.

I'm going to believe dyachei is still who I think she is, so...

lynch allie
:bored: I hate waiting all day for no drama. I wanted drama! Betrayal! Arguments! Mud wrestling! :bored:

I could close it out but I wouldn't be able to write it up now anyway thanks to my flights being delayed up the wazoo... So I will allow until my flight lands for waffles. Aka that would place us at 12:30 am est. I will have to do the write up when I get back from my 2 and a half hour drive to the airport. So sorry for people watching, but it won't be up until 3 am tn :(. Blame the wonderful airlines and their non functional planes...

I wish there was something I could say to change your mind, Jam.

Twice now I've made it to end game and people have lynched me to lose it for the villagers....I hate end game

Moarrr action
stephen-colbert-popcorn-gif1.gif

So just landed... Won't be back until 3:15 the absolute earliest... I will try to do the write up tonight, but I do have work at 10 am, so I may wake up super and early and do it if I feel it will be lack luster. No matter what it will be up by 9 am tomorrow... I will do my best, just not sure how much of a toll driving for 3 hours will take on me...

Up for a limited time ;)

~protege~

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
So one of my close friends in the ER right now... I swear I didn't expect life to go this way today. I don't picture myself getting any sleep nor getting a chance to write up this before work tomorrow. I shall write it up on my lunch break tomorrow definitely, and I am really sorry to everyone for delaying this, this has not been one of the best days for me...

So one of my close friends in the ER right now... I swear I didn't expect life to go this way today. I don't picture myself getting any sleep nor getting a chance to write up this before work tomorrow. I shall write it up on my lunch break tomorrow definitely, and I am really sorry to everyone for delaying this, this has not been one of the best days for me...
It's okay! Take care of the real world first, WW can wait!

Reactions: 1 user

:naughty:

Well hello there. Chillbo provided the eye candy for the ladies, it's about time for the fellas to get some HAWTness

Well done allieh, I'd take you on my team over Chillbo anyday (lounge reference!)

Dyachei, you still have time for a brag video...

Reactions: 1 users
I see a video brag and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like I've given birth to a new brand of WW mocking.

Sniff.

Excellently done, Allieh!

Reactions: 4 users
Dyachei stares into allieh's eyes. "What do you have to say for yourself? Why did you join the mafia?"

Allieh hears the question, but her mind isn't there. Instead, her mind is off in a memory that was 5 years old...

"Do you believe that you are innocent?"

It was a weird question for her to hear. "Of course I think I am innocent." she thinks to herself. "I think I am about as innocent as a person can be."

"So you think that stealing is innocent? You think manipulating people is innocent?" Mad Jack's voice was now clearly growing angry in her flashback.

Allieh thinks for a second and responds honestly. "You are right.... I am not innocent. I at least try. I steal to help out my family, I manipulate to have the rich give to the poor. I am not a bad person, I just don't make the right decisions always."

"So do you think bad decisions have no repercussions?" Mad Jack is waving the gun in Allieh's face now. Allieh doesn't cringe but almost embraces the threat.

"They do, and I haven't been served my punishment yet. I deserve to be punished. If you feel that death is the fate I deserve, then so be it."

This answer shocked Mad Jack. Never had been as reasonable as her. Maybe he could have a use for her. Maybe, just maybe....

"What is your take on vigilante justice?" Mad Jack asks, a smile cracked at the corner of his mouth.

"It is a necessary evil, one that should not be taken lightly, but should not be completely unemployed neither."

"Perfect." Mad Jack can't contain his excitement. "I came here to kill you today, but I won't. Instead, I have a proposition for me. Help me do what I do. Let me train you. And when I need you most, I will call on your assistance. Also, once I die, I want you to extend my legacy. I want you to finish my life's work."

"Your life's work?"

"The purging of all that no longer deserve life. There will come a time where this purge will be most opportune. When our kills will not be blamed on us but by a different faction instead. And that is when we shall strike. And those who no longer deserve life, shall lose their right to life. Are you with me?"

Allieh thinks for a second. "Yes."

Allieh's mind becomes a whirlwind at this point, as she recall the long and arduous training that lasted a full 4 years. But by the end of it, she was a better person. And a better judge of character. And she came to a sad realization. Mad Jack was one of the people who no longer deserved to live. His ideals had corrupted him, and he was not the person he was 4 years ago. She knew if the time came... she would need to take him out.

"Allieh! Allieh! What do you have to say for yourself." Dyachei's voice burstss through the flashback, dissipating any thoughts of it from her mind.

"Nothing. I have nothing left to say. You know I am the man in black. I know you are the doctor. And I know that Jamr0ckin is the weatherman. I have realized that none of us, myself included deserve to live. However, if a majority of citizens believe that I am the least deserved to live, then so be it. I know what must happen."

Out of Allieh's pocket comes a gun, the gun swings around, with the barrel originally facing dyachei, then Jam, and finally, herself.

Dyachei finally exclaims. "Before you do it, just answer us this. Why? Why don't we deserve to live?"

"It has nothing to do with who you are, and has everything to do with what you are. If you don't understand that, then you don't deserve to know, almost as much as you don't deserve to live." With that, Allieh cocks the gun, briefly smiles, and presses the trigger. Dead is Allieh, the protege, who had a separate win condition from EVERYONE else in the game (including the killer who she was teamed with). She was originally able to pm with the killer, and once the killer died, gained the ability to kill as the man in black.

Villagers win! Moderator fun stuff to come.

An aside: I really enjoyed moderating this game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the energy that was generated over this game. The game is nothing without great people playing it, and thus I thank each and everyone of you for playing in my first ever game. As a final note, you all proved SobSob wrong who thought villagers didn't have much of a shot of winning, so great job villagers (and "men in black" for your assistance!)

Reactions: 6 users
Great job, STL. I think you really showed some creativity here....

I really liked my homeless role. Having to figure out results is a lot of fun. Though when I visited Chillbo and he PMd me with my role I about had a heart attack thinking visiting people outed everything...glad that wasn't the case....

It would have been more fun to visit more people (died on my second available night), but info needed to be outed...

Thanks! I had fun!

And thanks to the Director too. That seemed like a fun role to play with as well.

Reactions: 1 users
The roles in this game and their descriptions!

As a description of the style of this game. I made this a difficult game for the villagers, but they did have a total of 4 seers (jayna - the student, chillbo - the private investigator, escalla - the homeless woman, and UFprevet12 - the detective) and 1 backup seer (EC - the retired cop). None of them were full seers, with the most accurate of the seers being chillbo and jayna. Also, all the roles had at least 1 check or balance to it. AKA, the politician and the ex mayor were a check on each other. The necromancer was a check on the killer as the necromancer was supposed to be mafia leaning (wanted villagers lynched) while the killer would be forcibly juxtaposed to villager leaning if they wanted to win, lawyer and district attorney, etc. There were several fall roles, such as the drug dealer, the connoisseur, and if only the protege remained, the retired cop was supposed to be a fall role for the man in black, but I guess no one picked up on that.

Brooklyn

1. The politician – You will have no abilities until elected mayor. Once elected mayor, this player gains three abilities:

a) Pardon – You may elect to one time pardon anyone other than yourself following a lynch vote.

b) Hire the Private Investigator – You may communicate at all times with the private investigator, whose name and role description will be communicated to you once you become mayor

c) Influence a citizen – Once during the course of the game you may take another player’s ability and use it as your own for the night. If the person is a wolf, you will not gain their ability to kill. The person whose ability you are stealing MUST be pmed to me PRIOR to the end of the day (before lynch results are out). (The person being controlled cannot do anything for their turn during the night. The politician will not be informed of what the action is, but will rather just be told to choose a person or person(s) do to their action upon.)

2. The Doctor – You are able to protect one player each night, including the ability to protect oneself. You may only protect one person 2 out of every 4 night.

3. The Godfather – You are the head wolf. You shall be immune at night while the mafia bodyguard is alive. At night 6, if you are still alive, you will be able to convert one player. At night 8, if you are still alive, you will be able to convert a second player. These conversions may not be blocked. On night three, you may elect to reveal your role to the current mayor (not mandatory, but must be in a chat with me in it), and offer to convert them to the mafia. This will reveal both your role name as well as your player name. Note that if you are killed, another mafia member may take your place in order to maintain the mafia's ability to convert, but they will forfeit any previous abilities that they had!

4. The Prostitute – By sleeping with others, you will be able to block one players moves during each night cycle.

5. The Drug Dealer – An unfortunate name, for you are a vanilla villager, who is simply “suspected” of dealing drugs to support your family

Bronx

1. The Private Investigator – You are the private investigator and can seer a person to determine what their role does (but not their role name nor their affiliation).

Exception: Unable to seer role of protégé accurantely, will only see ability to communicate with mentor until the killer is killed. (yes Chillbo, feel free to ask sobsob but this was in the rules many drafts before the game started)

2. The homeless woman –Every third night (starting with night two), you may ask a player to take shelter in their home. If they agree, you are perfectly welcome to snoop around and see what you find. If at any time you are rejected to take shelter into someone’s home, you must find shelter the next night in someone’s home (you may ask a different person) or you will die of hypothermia. (would fairly accurately show role with a little bit of deductive skills)

3. The Priest – You have two main abilities, a day ability and a night ability

Night ability: Once in the game, after night 5, you may elect to resurrect a player. This person will have no recollection of who they were in the past.

Day ability: You may protect one villager during each day cycle (must be determined during the night) from the forces of evil. What could that evil be? Who knows…. (the evil was the resurrection of skeletons)

4. The Killer: You are a chaos character and have a separate win condition from the villagers. You must be one of the last two people standing. You have three abilities

a.) Every night, you may elect to kill a character. You may also elect to NOT kill a character. Be aware that the more you kill, the more “evidence” that can be obtained as to your true identity. (evidence was linked to jayna's role of the student)

b.) Rampage: This is a one-time move. This allows you to kill through being blocked on the night of your choice. Note that this not go through other role abilities/items. (side note, was never used during the course of the game!)

c.) You may communicate with your partner in crime, the protégé.

5. Mafia Bodyguard – You are the mafia bodyguard. You can protect the Godfather without dying yourself. You also have a non-gunshot based kill called, “Swimming with the fishes,” which can only be used one time. (swimming with the fishes would have 100% killed the person regardless of anything, also wasn't used during the game)

Queens

1. The (corrupt) Lawyer – You are the mafia’s defense attorney. Lucky for you, anyone investigating you will simply see you as a normal everyday defense attorney. Once per night, you may choose someone to protect from being lynched the next day. You may not use this ability on the same person more than 2 times in 4 nights.

2. The copycat – You are a villager and also a man of many roles. This has its perks and its downfalls.

Perks: Once every third night (starting with night three) you may copy someone’s abilities and use them during that night cycle. This excludes the wolves killing abilities (but as Cyndia found out, not the mafia's converting ability....). You must send in the pm of the person you would like to copy prior to the end of the lynch.

Cons: Anyone investigating you will see you as a key member of the opposite team. Wolves will seer you as the villager seer, villagers will seer you as being a wolf

3. The protégé – You are a chaos character and have a separate win condition from EVERYONE else. Your goal is to be the last person standing (or be one of two people left with the other person being a VILLAGER role that is NOT a seer). You may communicate with your mentor, the killer. If the killer dies, you will assume the killer’s role. If you and the killer both remain at the end of the game, you will lose the game.

4. The pharmacist – You love concocting an assortment of drugs. Some can be used for good, others for less humane purposes. Beware that each vial you have concocted has a chance of being mixed incorrectly, and thus having negative side effects on the player. At your disposal is:

a) 2 vials of antibiotics – allows you to heal 1 player at night (protection in similar manner to the doctor)

b) 2 vials of barbituates – causes you to stun 1 player at night (blocks the player for the night)

c) 1 vial of tricyclic antidepressants – I wonder what this will do?(50% chance of making the person happy, 25% chance of blocking them, 25% chance of killing them)

5. The Retired Cop – You are an unconvertible villager. You don’t see any purpose in doing anything while the detective is still alive. If the detective is able to verify you as the retired cop, you will be able to talk directly to him via pm. If the detective dies, you will take his place and continue on his investigative duties.

Manhattan

1.The connoisseur – You are a person of many fine tastes, you must post as if you are more knowledgeable than everyone else in whatever matter you are discussing.

2. The necromancer – You are a chaos character with a separate win condition. Your army of skeletons must total 1 more person then the total number of people left in the game (including yourself). You have several abilities

a) Each day, if a villager is lynched, that villager becomes one of your skeletons. All of the skeletons in total contributes one overall vote towards the lynch cycle. You may communicate in a separate chat with all skeletons

b) You may bring yourself back from the dead once before night 7, but your skeletons will not return with you.

c) You may, on every fourth night (starting on night four), place a spell on any villager, where if they die that night, they join your army of skeletons

3. The Mayor (or ex-mayor) – You have no abilities unless elected mayor. If you are elected mayor:

a) You will be unconvertible

b) You will gain a bodyguard that will protect you on two nights of your choosing.

c) Your vote will count twice that of a normal vote

4. The Snitch – Sometimes snitches work for the cops, sometimes they work for a big crime syndicate. This time, you work for the mafia. Once per night, you may investigate another player’s role, but not affiliation nor role ability.

5. The District Attorney – You have two role abilities

a) You may twice per game give strong closing arguments to help try and prevent a lynch escape (50% chance of working). This ability MUST be used as soon as the lynch is closed (within 30 minutes of the lynch being closed (ie. Contingent convict STL if he has most votes at the end)). You will not know if the person can or cannot escape the lynch before using this ability.

b) You may cut a deal and elect not to prosecute a person once during the game, allowing them to escape a lynch. This ability may NOT be used on yourself, and the action must be pmed to me within 30 minutes of the lynch closing.

Staten Island

1. The Detective – You are the city seer. You have two main abilities:

a). You may seer one player each night to determine the role of a player (but NOT role description)

OR

b) You may plant a stakeout for 1 person each night and see each person that interacts with them/what that person does

2. The Senior Stock Broker – As a woman with tons of money, you may avoid one death by killing by presenting the killer with your suitcase full of money (which you casually carry around with you at all times).

3. The Student – As a woman of great intelligence, you have the ability to analyze one post (yes, thread post) each night to determine it’s wolfiness. The specific post must be from the most recent day/night cycle.

4. Broadway play director – Each night, you must create a new idea of a Broadway play, with a cast of 2-4 people, and your chosen actors must play out the play throughout your choice of the day or night (depends on if you want a matinee or not)

5. The Taxi Driver – Each Night you may elect to drive yourself or someone else from one borough to another.

Extra Roles that I may allow into the game if they REALLY want in or for revival:

1. The weatherman: As the weatherman, you are quite skilled (terrible) at predicting the weather. Your ability is that you may predict a snow storm for either the night or day cycles twice per game (but you must do once for night and once for day). By doing so, you either stop all night actions, or you will end the lynch at the moment of your prediction (because you know, everyone needs to get their perishable bread and milk and all of that).

2. The Tourist: You are a visitor from France visiting the wonderful city of New York. If you are able to find your “typical New York ware”, you may be able to blend in with the crowd and avoid a wolf attack.(would have come into the game with the priest revival)

3. The Coffee Barista: You know how to energize those around you. As a result, when you brew your coffee every fourth day (starting with day 1), you may choose one person to give your coffee to and allow them to do TWO night actions during the night time. Note that this will deplete limited nightly abilities in an accelerated fashion (ie. 2 times vs. 1 time). Pms for this MUST be in to me prior to the start of the night. (would have come into the game as a mafia revival)

Student:

Formula to determine killer percentage: Number of chaos characters in group/total number of people in group + Number of kills x 7% + random factor of 1-3%

Messages if percentage is between:

0-35%: You are 100% positive that this person is not a wolf, but you receive a percentage of __ from your calculations

36-43%: You are sure this person is not a wolf, but you receive a percentage of __ from your calculations. You wonder what that could mean…

43-55%: You are sure this person is not a wolf, but you obtain a fairly high percentage of __. This seems suspicious.

56-75%: You are sure this person is not a wolf, but with a percentage of __, you know this person must be dangerous.

76%-100+%: This person is the killer, you know this for a fact.

Formula to determine protégé: Number of chaos characters in group/total number of people in group + number of kills done by killer x 3% + number of kills done by protégé x 10% + random factor of 1-3%

0-40%: You are positive that this person is not a wolf, but you receive a percentage of __ from your calculations.

41-60%: You are positive this person is not a wolf, but you receive a percentage of __ from your calculations. Something seems fishy….

61-80%: You are positive this person is not a wolf, but you receive a percentage of __ from your calculations. This person does not seem to be working for the villagers.

81-100%: This is the killer’s protégé! You are sure of it.

Results for necromancer: A strange force prevents you from receiving a percentage back on the necromancer.

For all mafia members and villagers: Number of mafia members in the group/6 (rounded to nearest whole number) + Number of kills done by the person x 10% + (Number of kills done by the mafia – kills done by the individual person) x 4% + random factors of 1-5%

Message: This person’s post indicates a wolfiness level of __%.