Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to study for BCPS? How did you approach it? Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated in May 2012 and I started working in retail, did it for about seven months then got hired by a hospital. I've been a hospital pharmacist for a year but I've only been a practicing pharmacist for a little less than two years. I will be eligible to take BCPS after I finish three years so I still have a while left but I've been browsing various forums for advice/materials. Do you guys think it's appropriate for me to start studying/looking over materials now or wait til I get close to being eligible to take the exam? Also, anyone have any good advice/materials to share?

Members don't see this ad :)
can i also get a copy of biostatistic material by Dr. DeYoung also? thank you so much in advance. i'm planning to take my exam in october this year. any other tips?

I took BCACP last year. I've never taken biostatistics before, so it was hard for me to understand the lecture. The lecture that saved me was the one from BCPS 2010 by G. Robert DeYoung. He explained things really well. :)

Was that the ACCP lecture? I bought Clinical Pharmacists Guide to biostats and literature evaluation by robert ed dicenzo, and it seems to be a pretty good reference. Anybody else use it?

Also, now with summer and work piling up, havent been able to study as much, so nervous, application has been approved for the fall test already.

Was that the ACCP lecture? I bought Clinical Pharmacists Guide to biostats and literature evaluation by robert ed dicenzo, and it seems to be a pretty good reference. Anybody else use it?

Also, now with summer and work piling up, havent been able to study as much, so nervous, application has been approved for the fall test already.

Yeah, it's from the ACCP prep course.

Hello,
I'm currently selling both ACCP workbooks from 2013 for $30.00 plus shipping. If at all interested, please let me know.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took BCACP last year. I've never taken biostatistics before, so it was hard for me to understand the lecture. The lecture that saved me was the one from BCPS 2010 by G. Robert DeYoung. He explained things really well. :)
Is it possible that I can purchase the G. Robert DeYoung lecture from you?

Anybody who used the 2013 ACCP study guide, does anybody know where (if anywhere) the answers to the Post-Test documents are for each section? (Not the questions at the end of each chapter, the ones for each section) or if anybody has them, could they send them?
Thanks

Have a couple of questions about signing up for the exam…. when you sign up and pay for the test, do you get several options for days to take the test? Are they starting to fill up quickly already? How many test locations are there?
Castle worldwide contacts you in August, nobody can schedule an exam yet. There is a list of sites on the castle website that is provided in the candidate guide

What's important to know for HIV?? There is so much information!
There was 1 question about HIV when I took the exam and it was related to opportunistic infection treatment.

I felt the same way about the HIV chapter. You're going to be just fine.

Is there anything I should focus on as a major topic for the exam besides stats?
Stats is your friend. They didn't try to make it tricky.

I felt like I had a lot of HTN questions. I recognized one question directly off the BPS website sample questions. But mostly it felt really random.

The regulatory questions were the worst for me. I studied the ACCP Updates in Therapeutics material and it was weak in this regard.

Not really. I studied what I had and it was enough. But I would have preferred not guessing my a$$ off! Reading the questions I would consider what we do at the hospital and then decide if 1) that is a potential answer and 2) is it the best sounding answer?

My two cents on people taking BCPS test: First, if you are worried about STATS, definitly purchase the High Yeild Med Review Stats. It was by far the best product I used that explained STATS. Also, for Regulatarory-just go over basically everything on the FDA website. I clicked through tons of stuff on there and just kept reading and it really helped me.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those who passed. I have a couple of questions... I have the 2013 ACCP review material and was wondering how I could access the answers, or of anybody have them?
Also does anyone have the Updates in Therapeutics 2014 version? :)
Thanks!

What's important to know for HIV?? There is so much information!
Well, you have to know all the drug interactions and 1st and 2ndary preventions. depends on which version of the test you get, you could have 10 questions or 1 question. and also you have to know the treatment guidelines for HIV as well.

So for bcps regulatory questions - what exactly are they asking? I know we can't say exact questions, but I want to know the gist of it. i.e. Joint commission standards? National Patient Safety Goals?

Hi all! If anyone is looking to sell their 2013 BCPS review materials, please send me a PM. Or, if for some reason you want to sell your 2014 edition, I'd also be interested. Thanks! Good luck to everyone studying and congrats to those who passed!
Hi all! If anyone is looking to sell their 2013 BCPS review materials, please send me a PM. Or, if for some reason you want to sell your 2014 edition, I'd also be interested. Thanks! Good luck to everyone studying and congrats to those who passed!

Does anybody have the answers to the 2013 post test questions, or the '13 or '14 accp mock exam?????????????

Does anyone have the DeYoung lecture on biostatistics that's been discussed on this forum? I would love to get my hands on that.

I would really appreciate it if someone couldsend me the 2014 ACCP mock exam (with answers). Please send me a private message if you can help me out!
Same here....please,
I have a clinical pharmacists guide to biostats which is very helpful.
Also, as far as htn guidelines, goals and therapy recc, are we to use the new jnc 8 or aha or what , too many

So, I don't really keep myself updated on therapeutics (I suck) and I was thinking of taking the Fall 2014 exam coming up. Few questions if you can help out:
1. Deadline to sign up is tomorrow, August 1st. If I sign up tomorrow morning, does that mean I get approved that day or do I have to wait a few days?
2. If I wait til Spring 2015 to take the exam, do I have to purchase the new materials? I was planning on just studying the 2013 ACCP books I have.

Thanks!

I just scheduled my exam for October 2nd. I am looking for PDF version of 2014 or 2013 ACCP Updates in Therapeutics for BCPS pharmacotherapy. If anyone is interested in selling, please PM me. Thank you!

Yep- I applied for the 1st window. For those ppl, registration has started on August 1st. It is a rolling registration, so later you have applied, later you would schedule.

Is it necessary to get the 2014 study materials? If you have the 2014 PDFs please message me. Thanks

Hey I'm thinking of taking BCPS when I become eligible next year...I already know that I am going to have a very difficult time with biostats so I was wondering if I could purchase this from you as well? I would really appreciate it! Thanks in advance! :)

Exam scheduled for the 2nd of October....soooo...does anybody have the answers to the 2013 accp post tests or the mock exam? Or any 2014 material

Working on the 2013 mock exam- about 25% of the way thru and getting about 70% correct. Is this good enough to pass? I kno I need to brush up more on stats and clinical trials- I've missed a couple of those those that I hope to get right after reviewing those topics again.
i would like to to know that too

hiiiii everyone i'm really glad to find this forum. I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I'm 3 years graduated and already working in hospital pharmacy (no residency) oncology department for 2 years now. I wanted to take BCOP to enhance my knowledge & improve my practice. I'm aiming to apply to exam 10/2015. I have already accp materials. If anyone have any advice or tips regarding the exam & how to be prepared PLZ share with me.

Last edited:
If anyone is sharing the Deyoung lecture, I'd love to get my hands on it! I had a hard time with the current lectures. :/

Does anybody have the answers to thequestions that are at end of the sections? Not the individual chapters, the "updates in therapeutics" questions for the blocks....if u have the real accp review or went live, u know what i am referring to, thanks

Well I signed up for the Fall exam, but just haven't had time to study. Does ACCP let us postpone the test to Spring?

I'm interested to buy 2014 BCPS study material. As most of you are about to take the exam, I would highly appreciate if anyone of you, who is interested to sell the study material, PM me. Good luck everyone!