Bcps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngmc11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to study for BCPS? How did you approach it? Any advice?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all!
I'm planning on sitting the BCPS early next year, from the UK. I have the book by ACCP, however, is that enough to pass the exam?
Does anyone have the lectures and if so, are they beneficial? Is it worth me purchasing them?

I, too, passed BCPS. I do have the PDF version of 2014 updates in therapeutics by ACCP. If anyone is interested in, please PM me.

I probably seriously studied for 2 months. For those who is interested in a High Med Review, what is worth buying is stats portion only like many others have recommended previously. I did use updates in therapeutics bio stats module; however, it was harder to grasp what was considered to be "important" on actual exam itself. On the other hand, High Med Review was just to point- short lectures well described all essentials only, and quizzes were relevant. I actually studied High Yield Med Review stats a day before my exam, and stat section was probably one of my best section on the actual exam.

For the rest of High Yield, I felt the material was a bit older than the most current guideline (e.g. Drastic difference on JNC VII based HTN in updates in therapeutics vs. older guideline based materials in High Yield. Just note that they did send "updates" in a thinner package separately, but at that point, I was focusing on updates in therapeutics on any clinical materials.)

I am thinking about CGP next- I see a deadline for January and February registration is approaching (12/15). Has anyone taken it before? If so, how long did you study (I am assuming that people have been using the on-line materials which are equivalent of updates in therapeutics by CCGP)? I will appreciate any information.

Have a good holiday everyone- as usual, I will be working on Christmas again (last 6 yrs, I was always working on Thanksgiving and Christmas. That is how it is in hospital pharmacy...)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all!
I'm planning on sitting the BCPS early next year, from the UK. I have the book by ACCP, however, is that enough to pass the exam?
Does anyone have the lectures and if so, are they beneficial? Is it worth me purchasing them?

Yes--the lectures were very helpful. They certainly help you to hone in on the key points. I took a cue from the Blonde Pharamcist and listened to them in my car in the last few weeks before the exam.

Happy New Year To All !!!
I am planning to take the BCACP exam in the fall. Does anyone have study materials from last year and any advice is welcome.
Thanks Lets all make it a great year!!

has any one used the BCPS preparation high yield med reviews course .any one want to share or trade the meterials for 2014 accp materials

hiii everyone
i was wondering about ASHP review materials ....are they good?? are they better than ACCP materials
i have already ACCP materials 2014

Looking for 2014 ACCP printed workbook! Hope to take May exam so need a book ASAP. I'm not sure about the pdf - like that old-fashioned book in my hand! PM me!

I realy thinking about using the High Yield Med Review this year i hate accp so confusing and a lot to remmber any one has insight about this matter please let me know .

hiii everyone
i was wondering about ASHP review materials ....are they good?? are they better than ACCP materials
i have already ACCP materials 2014
Don't waste your time with the ASHP materials. They are good for recertification, and that's about it. I used them to study for the exam last fall, and the actual test questions were nothing like what I studied. ACCP materials most closely replicate actual exam-style questions. Good luck!

I took the BCOP for the first time this year and I did guess on ~60% of the exam. Specifically, I was able to narrow down ~60% of the questions to 2 answers and had to pick the "best one", so the odds of getting them right were 50-50 at that point. For the remainder of the exam (~40%), I knew the questions had a clear-cut/obvious answer. There was also a handful of oddball questions, where I had to basically "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" them.

I think a small part of the reason why I had to 50-50 so many questions is due to the fact that I left clinical/direct-patient practice a year ago. So for some questions, I had to try and think what/how situations were handled in the past; and some memories/recalls are, quite frankly, fuzzy and blurry :shifty:

I wouldn't say I'm completely surprised that I passed; the first time I took the BCPS, I thought I completely failed, too; especially after the second part of the exam :eek: only to end up passing it with flying colors anyway.

But I'd have to agree with @moolman on this; personally looking in retrospect, I tend to do worse on exams when I think I've done well, simply due to the fact that I didn't know enough to realize what I was answering wrongly. For me, this habit has gone way back... since high school :cool:
I am looking for books, study courses and mock exams materials to buy for BCOP - can I buy yours?

Hey all!
I am too from the UK taking the exam - where did you buy ACCP materials and what year 2014 or 2013 review materials - my email [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Can I buy your study materials - I am taking BCOP this spring and worried I may not do well without appropriate materials - email me at [email protected]
Kinzs77 iam also looking for the same BCOP material from ACCP ( audio . Book and mock exam ) would it be possible to share / sell these material if you get them . Will really appreciated .

Is anyone planning on taking the critical care exam? How are you preparing? Are you attending the accp review in April? Please message me.

Is anyone still selling 2014 ACCP materials, mock exams, or HYMR? Please let me know! I am planning on taking it later this year.

I am looking for 2014 ACCP Pharmacotherapy Mock Exam with answers. Please PM me if you have it.

I am currently studying to take the Spring 2015 BCPS exam. Any advice regarding how to get recent updates on all the clinical guidelines for 2015? Any website that has all the major guidelines? I will appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone! I have the PDF's to study the BCACP, but looking for the audio/visuals.

Please PM me if you have the recordings/mp3's

Thanks!

I am willing to exchange materials for the CGP exam for 2014 BCPS materials. PM me if you are interested!

I am curious when people took the BCPS exam. I am finshing a PGY-1 and starting a PGY-2 in ID. Did you take the exam during your PGY-2 or wait till afterwards? Thanks.

I am curious when people took the BCPS exam. I am finshing a PGY-1 and starting a PGY-2 in ID. Did you take the exam during your PGY-2 or wait till afterwards? Thanks.
I'm taking mine in October after I get done with my PGY2. If I were you, I would plan to take it this October. I feel like for me, my PGY2 still exposed me to a lot of the topics that the BCPS covers, but I don't think an ID PGY2 would do that as well. Also, you're going to be going up against a bunch of ID residents for jobs and a BCPS will help you stand out a little bit more. Just my opinion. :)

I took my BCPS during my PGY2 ID. This was back in the day when it was only offered once a year. Passed with no issue. I don't think it makes a huge difference when applying for your first job.

Anyone using high yield med reviews? Opinions? I think I'm going to sign up. Does anyone have a referral code they'd like me to use? Just figured I'd ask before I sign up!

I would focus more on ACCP. High Yield for biostatistics. Most people that passed seemed to have used ACCP. Just my opinion.

Dear fellows, I planning to take BCPS in Fall-Oct, I really need help finding any updated 2014 materials (not sure when 2015 is coming out), if anyone's taken it in Spring 2015, plz share with me!!!?? Price is negotiable! Thanks!!!!!
Email: [email protected]

Does anyone know any good study materials for pharmacokinetics? I'm pretty good with most of it, but need help getting comfortable with the equations/calculations part of it. I'm taking the BCPS this Fall and have the ACCP materials from 2014. I feel like the PK chapter really glosses over the equations. I'm going to read the PK chapter from Dipiro, but are there any other PK study guides out there that would be good for what's on the BCPS exam?

Last edited:
To whoever took the BCPS and passed the test: What is your recommendation as far as studying materials? Should I get everything - All-Access Pass Packages or only minimal stuff? What are the core stuff that you must have??? I am planning to take in Oct and anxious/nervous about it!!!! If you have any suggestions/advices, plz let me know!!! Thank you very much!!!!

To whoever took the BCPS and passed the test: What is your recommendation as far as studying materials? Should I get everything - All-Access Pass Packages or only minimal stuff? What are the core stuff that you must have??? I am planning to take in Oct and anxious/nervous about it!!!! If you have any suggestions/advices, plz let me know!!! Thank you very much!!!!

I took and passed the exam in fall 2014--if you purchase and study the ACCP material you will be fine. I purchased the all access and I thought for me personally the lectures and mock exams were very helpful. I listened to the lectures over and over in my car on the way to work. HYMR is good if you want or need more basic background info but is not necessary to pass the exam. Good luck!

Just took the test earlier this month. For those of you who took it last year or whenever it changed to electronic, how long did you have to wait for your results? Still around 60 days? Thanks in advance.

I decided to go ahead and get the HYMR lectures. That combined with last year's ACCP materials should get me a passing grade for this Fall. But damn, there's so much material to review!

Reactions: 1 user
I decided to go ahead and get the HYMR lectures. That combined with last year's ACCP materials should get me a passing grade for this Fall. But damn, there's so much material to review!
I got it too. I haven't even started studying yet. There's too much to go through!

Would you be interested in sharing last years ACCP material?

My friend gave me the old materials a few years ago. I just finally decided to take it this year. Is it better just to buy new materials or can I get by using 2011 materials?

My friend gave me the old materials a few years ago. I just finally decided to take it this year. Is it better just to buy new materials or can I get by using 2011 materials?

I would think 2011 material may be a bit outdated. There's been some recent guideline updates since then. I plan on using 2014 stuff for the 2015 test, but that's only a year old. I think once you get more than a couple years out, you may need to think about updating just in case.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing 2014 material with me? I need mock exams or HYMR from 2014 if you do, I am willing to pay for it...