C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering if I have a chance at this school

Pharmcas: 3.5GPA overall, 3.5GPA science, 68PCAT, 4 years pharmacy tech.

You have a chance at this school and many other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone interview yet and get accepted?

good luck to those interviewing this Thursday :) Let us know how it goes !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did the interviews go?! I still haven't heard anything back from my supplement application...my portlet still hasn't said it has been processed..:(

How did it go?

Interview went well! At least I think it went well lol wasn't intense or anything. Everyone there made us feel comfortable so it wasn't that bad. They say the committee meets the day after interviews are given

Interview went well! At least I think it went well lol wasn't intense or anything. Everyone there made us feel comfortable so it wasn't that bad. They say the committee meets the day after interviews are given

Are the questions similar to those on SDN?

Glad your interview went well!! Do you mind letting me know your stats...how did The essay go?

The adcom makes it very easy. Very similar questions asked that are found on SDN. Just come prepared and you are fine. I just called to verify if I'm accepted. Yes, I'm in. Good luck everyone!

The interview went well. Lovely campus. For everyone that went to the interview on the 17th, you should call them :-D I got accepted. Soooo soooo excited.

The interview went well. Lovely campus. For everyone that went to the interview on the 17th, you should call them :-D I got accepted. Soooo soooo excited.
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted! I received a phone call from Lauren not too long ago too and I'm in!!! ^_^

&& it wouldn't hurt to read over the SDN interview questions. Every little bit helps

Members don't see this ad :)
My status changed to under review of committeeeeee...wonder how long this step takes..I'm so nervous people already getting accepted and I just got my application under review...eeek

My status changed to under review of committeeeeee...wonder how long this step takes..I'm so nervous people already getting accepted and I just got my application under review...eeek
Did you call them to check?

Hey guys

I submitted my Pharmcas app last Tuesday got a confirmation email yesterday saying my application was received and also the info to access the supplemental .... hope interview date is next ..... I am so excited and nervous at the same time!!!! Good luck everyone!!

Hey guys

I submitted my Pharmcas app last Tuesday got a confirmation email yesterday saying my application was received and also the info to access the supplemental .... hope interview date is next ..... I am so excited and nervous at the same time!!!! Good luck everyone!!

My status just changed today so ill give it a few days??

I'd say give it a few days. LECOM seems to be pretty good at keeping you up to date on what's going on. If you get really worried just give them a call

Hey guys

Best of luck, I think as long as you get an interview, you should have a really good chance of getting in. I was super nervous before pretty much about everything.

Best of luck, I think as long as you get an interview, you should have a really good chance of getting in. I was super nervous before pretty much about everything.

My interview is this thursday, i'm super nervous because of my low PCAT...do you mind sharing your stats? And what should I be expecting from the interview? Should I prepare a few questions to ask?

My interview is this thursday, i'm super nervous because of my low PCAT...do you mind sharing your stats? And what should I be expecting from the interview? Should I prepare a few questions to ask?

Well, Lecom does not have minimum pcat requirement. In my case, I will have BS before matriculation, so I can be exempted from having pcat. You are in a very early cycle and you are already invited to interview, so you shouldn't be worried about it much. For interview questions, they asked general questions like "Tell me about yourself, why pharmacy?, something like that". My interview was vey relaxed and the faculty members are very nice. One thing, at the end of the interview, you should ask them questions. I asked about three questions and my interviewer really took time to answer them. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Don't worry too much about you Pcat at this point, I was on the same boat. I did horrible in the Pcat since I work and go to school all day everyday. So I was able to study for it the night before, but that didn't help much. With that being said, try to hint that to them during the interview (if there is any reason why you got that score). As many people have said, don't tell them your negatives instead turn that into something positive. Also expect this question: "Tell me about yourself" It's like listing your resume pretty much, and tell them about your passion(s).
As for my stats: GPA: 3.56 sGPA: 3.3 -3.4 (I did horrible my freshman year but since then, it's an up hill trend). over 500 hours of volunteering total.

I think the only reason that i got in was because I was honest with them not my stats. I basically told them everything about myself and my struggles (they asked a question about this).

But yeah, you got the interview, now show them who you are and why they should pick you. Also, forgive me for my grammar errors and stuff like that, english is not my first language, hope you can read what i wrote without much problem.

Thank you very much!!! ... I will have my bachelors by the end of next spring but I took the PCAT as well... did not do well on comprehension and verbal ability ( English is not my first language) so my percentile was not as high... did you applied to any other schools?

Thank you very much!!! ... I will have my bachelors by the end of next spring but I took the PCAT as well... did not do well on comprehension and verbal ability ( English is not my first language) so my percentile was not as high... did you applied to any other schools?

I applied to ROSEMAN in Nevada since it's close to home and I want to go out of state for my grad, but i do like Lecom because of the cost, which is one huge factor for me. Which state are you in right now?

Well, I live in Florida just an hour away from Lecom... I have also applied to other schools, USF ( closer to home) and NOVA ( which is very expensive) and I would really like to avoid it ... if possible... however the real truth is getting accepted to any of the schools I applied is what matters the most......
Trying to stay positive!!!!

Well, I live in Florida just an hour away from Lecom... I have also applied to other schools, USF ( closer to home) and NOVA ( which is very expensive) and I would really like to avoid it ... if possible... however the real truth is getting accepted to any of the schools I applied is what matters the most......
Trying to stay positive!!!!

Apply to UF st Pete campus

I really don't like the online distance classes at UF ... I am aware of the good reputation of the school though... are you there? if yes ... how is it having all the classes in that format

I really don't like the online distance classes at UF ... I am aware of the good reputation of the school though... are you there? if yes ... how is it having all the classes in that format

I'm at the Orlando campus. It's awesome and I love the school. Def the best in the state of florida hands down. Even in Gainesville where you can attend live lectures there is usually on 20-30 since attendance is not mandatory. The test scores are on average the same no matter what campus you are at.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow! I'll be there at 7:45 sharp.

For everyone that have an interview tomorrow, best of luck :cool:

Good luck everyone today..very soon actually...:D

To those of you who had interview today when did you submit your Pharmcas application?
Best of luck to you all!!! ;)

What kind of interview was it?
Group or one one one
And what kind of questios, really want to go there!!
my stat are 3.01 GPA
PCAT 56
6 months volunteer in inpatient department - pharmacy
3 months surgical department volunteer
working as a teacher on weekend
BS in chemistry with pharm concentration and minors in biology

Do I have a chance??

To those of you who had interview today when did you submit your Pharmcas application?
Best of luck to you all!!! ;)

I think some submitted end of august through September. I submited the end of September didn't get mailed to lecom until Oct 5. I recieved my supplement Oct 10 then my status changed to under review like the 20th....no interview at this time. Sigh

What kind of interview was it?
Group or one one one
And what kind of questios, really want to go there!!
my stat are 3.01 GPA
PCAT 56
6 months volunteer in inpatient department - pharmacy
3 months surgical department volunteer
working as a teacher on weekend
BS in chemistry with pharm concentration and minors in biology

Do I have a chance??

Yes as long as your science is above 2.7 gpa. I met someone with lower stats and a 37 on pcat and she got in...just nail your interview

I had my interview on the 17th as well, and I didn't call, but just got my acceptance letter in the mail today. Congrats to everyone who I met there! Are any of you guys planning on accepting or are you waiting to hear from other schools? I just got my interview invite from UF for 11/19, so maybe I'll be seeing some of you there? I hope!

For anyone asking about the interview -
Like everyone says, just be yourself - but the most confident and comfortable version of yourself. Everyone was really nice and genuine. The biggest complaint appeared to be the professional dress code and no eating or drinking in classrooms.

I have my interview 11/17 ..I'm soooo excited...hope everyone did well yesterday! Happy happy...who else will be going on the 17th?

Congrats! Interview was very laid back and a great environment. Just use SDN as your guide and you will be successful.

Yeah that would be me. Best 36 dollars spent in my life. How'd your interview go?