California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey can anyone who got invited for interview list their stats here please..?
like GPA ... work experience..

Members don't see this ad.

I received a call from the school today to tell me I have been accepted! :D

My stats are not that good: 2.98 cumulative gpa, 2.67 science gpa, year and a half as a technician, years of community service and active within college.

Goes to show that grades are not everything. Good luck to anyone else waiting for their call!

I received a call from the school today to tell me I have been accepted! :D

My stats are not that good: 2.98 cumulative gpa, 2.67 science gpa, year and a half as a technician, years of community service and active within college.

Goes to show that grades are not everything. Good luck to anyone else waiting for their call!

Congrats! Did you also receive an email? Or just the phone call?

But CONGRATULATIONS! :))))

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you also receive an email? Or just the phone call?

But CONGRATULATIONS! :))))

Just a call, they said they would send out an email on friday with all the information on how to proceed.

Congrats on your acceptance!!! My GPA is around your range due to some personal things explained in my PS and supplemental application. I do have backgrounds in Pharmacy internships, shadowing, Undergraduate lab research, and working for my Chemistry company. I'm really hoping I get in. It would be a dream!

that's good news! congrats! i'm still waiting for my call... what time did they call you?

has anyone else gotten a phone call also?

Last edited:
Congrats!!

So I heard this school really emphasizes team based learning..does that mean the professors barely lecture and you have to learn everything basically with your team??

that's good news! congrats! i'm still waiting for my call... what time did they call you?

has anyone else gotten a phone call also?

the same here, I am waiting for the phone call too, all three people from interview who I have their number got call and accepted, hope they are still calling for more people :luck:

Congrats!!

So I heard this school really emphasizes team based learning..does that mean the professors barely lecture and you have to learn everything basically with your team??

Well, they basically want you to come to class being prepared and have read the materials beforehand. Then you'll take a quiz by yourself, then as a group, and then the professor will go over the answers as a class and elaborate more on the concepts in class. So they will pretty much be involved in your learning process, it's just that you have to go over the materials over with yourself and classmates first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also received a call about my acceptance, but still have not received the e-mail. Does the one week period to pay the deposit start after the e-mail?

Also received a call about my acceptance, but still have not received the e-mail. Does the one week period to pay the deposit start after the e-mail?

its two weeks, and yes, it starts after you receive the email. you have two weeks to throw down 1.5k :eek:

is the waitlist a nice way of saying no? :( what are the chances....sighs.

Have hope! I don't know about this school, but I've heard people in general getting off the waitlist and getting into the school. You never know :)

atleast for you, you are on the waiting list! me I started freaking out

For those who got accepted, what kind of interview was it one-on-one or group interview and what kind of questions and how to prepare for the interview, interview is like my weakest area, I would appericate any suggestions

Congrads to all of you who've been accepted and good luck to those waiting, I recieved a call and email of congrads which said "Your acceptance material will be emailed shortly" but still haven't received the lengthly email. Is anyone else who was accepted experiencing the same and still waiting for the long email with all the info?
Yes I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for that lengthy email of Info pertaining to enrollment and such. :3

Did you guys respond to the email saying that we received it and could open the attachment? I did that and still haven't received any other emails yet.

If you're from the September interview, they already called the people who are accepted (I'm pretty sure because I know a lot of people who got in) I was anxious so I emailed the admission officers and received a wait list notification.

yeah Woahah, I sent a reply too saying I can open the attachment to the PDF, but no response yet either.

just got the Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request email! check yours!

Received the Dean's Letter of Acceptance today, but still no email about the deposit and where it goes from here. Jason did say he was training people during this period...yikes.

Congrats to all of whom were accepted! I have a little more than two weeks to go, and I am praying for that acceptance. If anyone has tips that they wouldn't mind providing, it would be really appreciated!

Hey guys, I received a call of acceptance a little bit over a week ago. And responded to the email that Jason sent to open the pdf, but I still haven't gotten anything back from the admissions office. Have all of the accepted applicants already received the Dean's letter of acceptance? I'm getting worried... :(

I just received the acceptance letter in the mail, but still haven't gotten the long email yet.

I'm on the same boat with you guys. Got the background check e-mail, but not the long detailed e-mail yet. I did get the acceptance letter today though. Maybe it's like what tonik said, they're still training people on the application process and still sorting things out.

to the people who got accepted: are you definitely going to accept the offer or are you going to keep options open?

as for me, I will 100% accept the offer to this school. not taking the chance that I wont get anywhere else! haven't heard back from other schools. I think its a good choice on my behalf :laugh:

to the people who got accepted: are you definitely going to accept the offer or are you going to keep options open?

as for me, I will 100% accept the offer to this school. not taking the chance that I wont get anywhere else! haven't heard back from other schools. I think its a good choice on my behalf :laugh:

Probably a good choice to accept admission to the school you have been accepted to... Call me crazy...

Still waiting. It looks like Jason is out as well as Gail (the person that was supposed to send that lengthy email) are both on vacation -_-

Jason emailed me back today and said "the next email should be sent soon"

Patience...is a virtue. It's alright, they are going to send us the appropriate information in time. Just need to have a little patience. This also gives us more time to gather the funds for that great deposit haha.

Patience...is a virtue. It's alright, they are going to send us the appropriate information in time. Just need to have a little patience. This also gives us more time to gather the funds for that great deposit haha.
Seriously, don't we just all sound so eager to send in the deposit? haha

Got my denial letter yesterday good luck everyone! and Congs to those that got accepted my be God has a plan for me.

I got accepted with my science and cumulative GPA's between 2.6-2.9. But I have 5+ years community service and work experience (~1500 hours), and my interview went very well. Like jarraiga said, grades arent everything. They like to see well-rounded applicants. Good luck!

Got the long email with all the items to be completed and info about the deposit, but I have a question...where can I find the General Catalog that the documents repeatedly tell me to read? Is it the Student Handbook? I'll call in Monday but any ideas?

They actually gave us the general catalog during our interview process. It should have been in that packet we received on interview day. So is the deposit actually $1500?

They actually gave us the general catalog during our interview process. It should have been in that packet we received on interview day. So is the deposit actually $1500?

During the interview I received an Interview Packet which includes some info on financial aid options but that was very few pages. I doubt that was it. I did find a Student Handbook, is that it? And yeah, the deposit is $1,500. Looking at the rest of the upcoming payments is giving me a headache :(

Wonderful. And yea, my bad. The general catalog wasn't included in the packet. I'm mixing up schools haha. I found their general catalog through their website though.

http://pharmacy.cnsu.edu/shareddocs/GeneralCatalog.pdf

Thanks for the link! Looks like their Student Handbook that I found. I realized their "search" bar was not working, that's why I could not find it. Are you putting down the deposit or are you waiting for other schools?

Does anyone have another interview date besides nov 8th? I'm wondering when's the next day they will invite people..

I sent my pharmcas application in early september and supplemental at the end of sept. I still have not heard anything from them yet. Do you guys know when is the next interview after nov 8th. I really hope i get an invite because i feel like some applied after and got a reply. Do you guys know how long do they take to get back to applicant?

I sent my pharmcas application in early september and supplemental at the end of sept. I still have not heard anything from them yet. Do you guys know when is the next interview after nov 8th. I really hope i get an invite because i feel like some applied after and got a reply. Do you guys know how long do they take to get back to applicant?

They generally get back to you pretty fast. I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental both late-September and was invited for the November 8th interview within a week or so. They might have slowed down more recently due to training of new staffs or possibly because high number of incoming apps :) Wait patiently for a few days then give them a call.