Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hope it is, but generally from what I have heard Joy Henderson calls you to schedule an interview (that is who called me). But I still have my fingers crossed for you, I loved interviewing there and am looking forward to starting there in August.

If it is an interview then Good Luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

I hope it is, but generally from what I have heard Joy Henderson calls you to schedule an interview (that is who called me). But I still have my fingers crossed for you, I loved interviewing there and am looking forward to starting there in August.

If it is an interview then Good Luck :)

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok, I got a missed call from Mrs. Westmoreland today. My file is complete and already under review so I was trying to figure out why she would call me. Wonder if it is an interview invite :thumbup: ;)
Ms. Westmoreland called me for my ii... could be....

Yea it was for an interview for the waitlist but it could change if some people decide not to attend this fall.

Good luck to those interviewing today

Hi! Do you mind if I ask about the types of questions they ask you at the interview at CUSOM? Is it like "why do you want to become a doctor" or "why Campbell"? This is going to be my first interview, so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of what they actually ask you. Plus I'm so NERVOUS! haha

Good luck to those interviewing today

Hi! Do you mind if I ask about the types of questions they ask you at the interview at CUSOM? Is it like "why do you want to become a doctor" or "why Campbell"? This is going to be my first interview, so I'm not sure what to expect in terms of what they actually ask you. Plus I'm so NERVOUS! haha

Did you get my PM, or do you need some more info? I'd be glad to answer any more questions.

Does anyone have an Idea how many people have accepted and are on the wait list?

Anyone else checking their phone every 5 minutes today? Haha! They said evening in the email, does that mean after 6 PM?

Anyone else checking their phone every 5 minutes today? Haha! They said evening in the email, does that mean after 6 PM?

Lol, it's terrible, the longer the day goes, the more restless I get. And, every time I hear my email ding, I have a mini-panic attack haha. It seems from earlier acceptees they heard back between 5-6. So, the next hour is going to suckkkk.

Thanks for the info! You know it's bad when you are googling the definition of evening like I just did. Lol

I'm right there with all of you! I do remember joy talking about calling people a month ago when the "ice storm" hit and she said something to the effect of wanting to stay until 6-7pm to call candidates but she was literally sent home for her safety!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard either way...really freaking out meow.

Well hopefully that's a good sign for you and means Joy will give you a phone call :)

Keep us updated!

I'm guessing they are almost full if they are wait listing that many people.

I'm guessing they are almost full if they are wait listing that many people.

Yeah, the fact that people who just received ii's were told that it was essentially for a waitlist spot prepared me for Joys email. Probably even more than most schools, I would expect significant movement from the waitlist. Being a new school (and on the east coast), I am sure many had this school as a "back up" and will pass on their acceptance if accepted elsewhere...

Well I still hope you all get in :)
Good luck on getting waitlisted, that itself is an achievement.

Just interviewed this past Monday (2/11/13) and the group asked the associate dean how many spots were left, he said that so far they had received 117 deposits (150 students will matriculated next year). Recently people seem to be saying they're being wait listed in this forum but I'm hoping they'll still give acceptances, but I won't know until February 22nd! Fingers crossed.

To ziggstar, im curious, so they called you for an interview specifically for the wait list? :confused:

Rhodesja that is a really good estimate then because I know several people including myself whose deposit was due February 10th.

Just interviewed this past Monday (2/11/13) and the group asked the associate dean how many spots were left, he said that so far they had received 117 deposits (150 students will matriculated next year). Recently people seem to be saying they're being wait listed in this forum but I'm hoping they'll still give acceptances, but I won't know until February 22nd! Fingers crossed.

To ziggstar, im curious, so they called you for an interview specifically for the wait list? :confused:

Yea Mrs Moreland made it clear that the interview would be for the waitlist but it is subject to change because a deadline is coming up for the people who were accepted.

Good to know, thanks for sharing!

I thought my interviews went amazingly well and, absolutely not trying to sound over-confident, I thought that with my stats/ECs/etc I was hoping that I would receive an acceptance. Even though I was wait listed, I'm not being discouraged and will hopefully receive a call from Joy in the future!

Good luck with your acceptance!

How long after you received the call for an interview, was it before you received the confirmation email?

Has anyone else been accepted to CUSOM for class of 2017???? I'm so excited, moving up there in August, just wanting to get connected with future class mates :))

Has anyone else been accepted to CUSOM for class of 2017???? I'm so excited, moving up there in August, just wanting to get connected with future class mates :))

Join the Facebook group and meet a bunch of us! You'll find the link a few pages back.

Hey guys! do you think it's okay to book my departure time for 4:15...my interview starts at 7:45? The lady I spoke to said that I will be done around 1:15. I would also have to return the rental car. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! do you think it's okay to book my departure time for 4:15...my interview starts at 7:45? The lady I spoke to said that I will be done around 1:15. I would also have to return the rental car. Thanks in advance!

Which airport are you flying into?

I will be interviewing February 26th as well!! I will be there the 25th as well if anyone wants to hang out in chilly North Carolina! :):)

Just got accepted off the wait list! I was only on the wait list for a couple of days, so there is hope for those that recently got wait listed!

Just got accepted off the wait list! I was only on the wait list for a couple of days, so there is hope for those that recently got wait listed!
Nice! Glad to hear, I'm still anxiously waiting to find out my fate February 22nd. Mind sharing stats? It's fine if not, I'm curious how Campbell's stats will be next year from what I've been reading. I have a somewhat lower gpa (3.39) but they seemed to not mind that so much with a 27 MCAT, though they could have just been trying to be nice. I have straight A's in my master's program though for the past 2 years so hopefully that will help to prove my determination.

Hey guys, new to the site :)

For the people who got accepted, did you do the background check/drug test?? When completing the drug test info it gave me some labs to go to in North Carolina...Im way too far from NC to go there just for that...any solutions?

Hey guys, new to the site :)

For the people who got accepted, did you do the background check/drug test?? When completing the drug test info it gave me some labs to go to in North Carolina...Im way too far from NC to go there just for that...any solutions?

Hi John, if you join our facebook group you will find this exact question and others like it answered... and as a side benefit, get to meet some cool people :)
To answer your question though... the company (the name slips me right now...) contracts through LabCorp so if you call them and set it up you can go to any LabCorp near you and there are PLENTY of those everywhere in the country. Hope that helps

I am withdrawing my accepted spot to this program today and I know it will go to one of the hopeful wait listed folks. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations FutureDO22! Great to hear that your wait on the waitlist was short! Gives me hope that Joy will give me a call!

Thanks for the update big study. We on the waitlist appreciate hearing when spots open up. I wish you luck with whatever school you matriculate at!

Congratulations FutureDO22! Great to hear that your wait on the waitlist was short! Gives me hope that Joy will give me a call!

Thanks for the update big study. We on the waitlist appreciate hearing when spots open up. I wish you luck with whatever school you matriculate at!

If you had a good interview, I bet you are high wait list. Keep me updated on everything, I am definitely rooting for you!

Speaking of wait lists, if you are put on the wait list do they tell you anything a "position" or "rank" in the email?

*anything about a* (such as 1st tier, 2nd tier, etc)

Speaking of wait lists, if you are put on the wait list do they tell you anything a "position" or "rank" in the email?

No, they do not tell you anything about rank in the email they send out. I would try calling Joy if that happens and politely asking her. She is super nice and may be able to help you out. However, some schools for whatever reason seem to not want to share that info, so be prepared for that as well. Good luck!

$1,500 big ones... Yeah, I put down a deposit... I am making $15,000 back though in tuition alone (in just the first year) by accepting a spot with my instate school. I had other interviews and acceptance elsewhere when I decided Campbell was a really great fit for me and my future goals- I am sad to give up my spot, but I know this is the best choice.

Last edited: