Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wondering: Did any of the students that are already accepted and sending in deposits apply to other schools? I am just curious as to why you wouldn't wait to see what other acceptances you got. Just wondering.
I ended my application cycle with five interviews, and only ended up going to two after CUSOM. Coming into the cycle, this was the top choice for both my significant other and I. I didn't find anything I didn't like about Campbell and thought it'd be an honor to be a part of the school. I figured I'd save money and everyone's time if I just stopped there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I ended my application cycle with five interviews, and only ended up going to two after CUSOM. Coming into the cycle, this was the top choice for both my significant other and I. I didn't find anything I didn't like about Campbell and thought it'd be an honor to be a part of the school. I figured I'd save money and everyone's time if I just stopped there.
Awesome!!

For the background check and drug screen - I noticed they asked only for a current address and then previous addresses. I am currently still in undergrad so I was wondering if I should put my apartment address as the current or my home address as the current? I don't think the home address would be a previous address because my family still lives there - I'm just away for school. Thanks for the help!

For current students, what does your typical study schedule look like?
It's cyclic. There are three weeks of lecture per exam. The first week, an hour or two outside of class per day. Closer to exam time, most hours of the day. That said, I personally haven't had a problem getting 8 hours of sleep a night. It really helps having a background in most preclinical subjects.

Reactions: 1 user
How much you study outside of class will be largely dependent on your science background, your learning style, study methods, and memory. You will get widely varied answers depending on where people fall within those spectrums. I had little to no science background, I learn from reading, my study methods were inefficient, and my memory I would say is slightly above average. I spent about 35 hours a week outside of class on non-test weeks and 45 or more on test weeks. Now in second year, I study about 25 non-test and 35 test. That is mainly because I now have the science background and learn concepts much easier now, my study habits are better, and I don't have as much trouble listening in class anymore.

I GOT AN INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY.

It's my first one in the cycle and I literally want to cry with relief, wow.

Scheduled for Nov 3, gonna fly in the Sat before and stay with my SO in Raleigh. So happy right now.

Scheduled for Nov 3, gonna fly in the Sat before and stay with my SO in Raleigh. So happy right now.

Congratulations!!!! I'm sure you will love it. Good luck and maybe we will see ya there next year!

Congrats and good luck :)!!! What a wonderful feeling!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulation to you, man. Mind tell me when you were completed? Thanks.

@polylux I called them today to inquire about the status of my application and they told me that I was going to pre-screen tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get an interview invitation, and hopefully you do too! I am complete around the same time.

@polylux I called them today to inquire about the status of my application and they told me that I was going to pre-screen tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get an interview invitation, and hopefully you do too! I am complete around the same time.
When were you complete?

For everyone who interviewed already, did the interview day end promptly at 2, or was it early or late?

Just got a rejection e-mail post interview, interview 9/23. I was so positive that everything went well. They said they liked my application and I sensed nothing odd during the interview, I got a good amount of compliments and I just haven't a clue why.

I just got accepted! Missed the call from Joy unfortunately but I just got home and saw the email. So happy and honored to have been accepted to this school! I really love what they're doing there .

Interviewed on 9/23

Rejected pre-interview, 3.2/30...a little shocked. thought they would for sure see me as fit. Do they tell us why the rejection?

Rejected pre-interview, 3.2/30...a little shocked. thought they would for sure see me as fit. Do they tell us why the rejection?
Hey sorry for the unfortunate news. I would recommend you to call CUSOM and ask why the rejection and how you can improve your application. When one door closes, another one opens. Best of luck to the rest of your app cycle~

Primary FINALLY verified a couple days ago after 6 weeks. I have visited a few schools over the past year and CUSOM is definitely one of my top choices. Hoping to hear from them soon!
3.7/32, IS, Non-Trad

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete 9/3 but I haven't heard anything yet. Darn.
I guess they're holds are silent?
They said to me they were getting a lot more apps than last year so they're a bit overwhelmed. Again, I was complete on 8/25 - I would have been complete later but I emailed to ask if they had gotten my LoRs and was completed later that day - and only just got a response on 9/23 this week. My stats aren't that great either - 3.2/29, although my entire PS/secondaries revolved around service, which probably helped me.

I guess they're holds are silent?
They said to me they were getting a lot more apps than last year so they're a bit overwhelmed. Again, I was complete on 8/25 - I would have been complete later but I emailed to ask if they had gotten my LoRs and was completed later that day - and only just got a response on 9/23 this week. My stats aren't that great either - 3.2/29, although my entire PS/secondaries revolved around service, which probably helped me.
Maybe they didn't get to 9/3 yet. Hopefully next week!

Sorry if this was asked already, but is the interview open or closed file?

Welcome to Buies Creek, next batch!

I'm glad some of you are already getting good news. :D

If you have any questions about the area or some off-campus housing options, just quote/tag/PM me and I'll try to answer them.

I know it's many years before I complete rotations, but during the 4th year elective rotations are we ONLY allowed to go to places with AOA approved residencies?

II! Scheduled for 10/20

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that campbell only gives 162 acceptances for 162 seats unlike other medical schools that may give 300 acceptances for 162 seats. Does this mean that applicants interviewing in november or december are at a significant disadvantage?? Surely Campbell realizes that at least 30-60 of the applicants they interview will end up choosing another medical school. I'm sure Campbell will account for that because it's in Campbell's best interest to have all 162 seats filled up.

For example and I don't want to mention any names, but someone who posted on this thread that he/she interviewed at Campbell and was accepted at Campbell has also recently received an acceptance from MSUCOM and may receive acceptances from other schools too.

I know it's many years before I complete rotations, but during the 4th year elective rotations are we ONLY allowed to go to places with AOA approved residencies?
No, you can pretty much go where you want for elective rotations. You can stay at the sites with which CUSOM has agreements or go elsewhere. At some point you'd want to audition rotations at sites where you can see yourself potentially doing your residency. In the end, all the school really needs is a contact and proof of some kind of learning, etc. from that site. Most schools operate this way.